EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

You two should get a room.  You post better football stuff than him by far but you two remind me of every antagonist Taming of the Shrew rom com ever done.  He’s Meg Ryan and you are Tom Hanks in You’ve got Mail.

Lol.

I like Toms Hanks 

I saw that movie in the theater  with 4 other girls, I never made a move on any of them because I was a total tool😄

Maybe 4for4 and I should meet at  bench in a park, wed either hit it off or he'd kill me...

I'm not much of a fighter or a runner, I'm toast during the zombie apocalypse 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It was regarding Cunningham’s 91 yard punt against the Giants. You said it was a quick kick on third down. I argued that it was a regular punt on fourth down. To back up my claim, I asked why the Giants would have running back Dave Meggett (the return man who let the ball roll and roll...and roll some more) on the field on third down. You quickly acknowledged the point.

That's some deep diving right there. Lets get that story straight!

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Yeah. I have basil, lemon thyme, parsley, and chives.  Also thai basil.. 

Thai basil is my favorite.

My wife has an herb garden and we probably get more from it than our veggie garden!

1 minute ago, Doc S. said:

I lose about 15% to birds, squirrels etc. Always get some deadloss to insects. The larger varieties tend to suffer the most in terms of degradation prior to harvesting in my lil garden. Hard to grow those big Beefeaters and Rutgers Champs, etc. They are the first ones the predators go after. 

I hear ya.  I lose a fair number as well.  But, the ones I don't lose more than make up for the ones I lose.   I guess one of the reasons that the bigger ones get taken more often might be that they take longer to ripen.  I always have more than I need, so losing some never bothers me.  The critters need to eat too, I guess. 

51 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man.  That was a good time back in the day.   

Another on this day event.  One of the hardest hit balls I've ever seen.  What a moment.

5 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

I have 4 Sweet Basil plants going, have to trim em back about every week or they go to seed/flower. One huge Oregano bush, second year, just harvest at will, can't kill it. One Thyme plant, also robust, harvest as needed and a chive bush that just won"t stop. The more I cut, the more it grows. Parsley next to that one, I think they talk to each other. Chives are delicious on anything.

Nice to give this joint some culture, huh? :afro:

Added a lettuce leaf basil to my group of basil this year.  May be my favorite herb.  I have a sage and lavender too.  Replanted my lavender in a pot from the herb garden and contemplating same for the sage that keeps crowding my thyme and rosemary in my 4x6 herb garden  

When my sister passed this past year she left behind this stacked planter on wheels. This week it gets planted with some herbs and vegetables that I can harvest as I wheel it in the garage at freezing temperatures. Plan some lettuce, spinach, celery and carrots for the lower tiers and herbs, including hardy ones, for the top tiers. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

What are you growing?  California Bells?

I'm partial to the Corno Di Toro or the Marconi Rossi for the sweets.  Just seem to be more prolific for me than the California ever were.

I dont know. My older son likes trying to grow stuff do I picked up a package of sweet pepper seeds at wal mart. I think thats all it said was sweet peppers.

48 cents. I thought it was a cheap way for him to have fun. Figured we would throw them on the ground somewhere in the yard out of the way and he could water them and stuff.

Well, about 10 weeks after growing them on the kitchen window sill, 30 dollars on potting soil, 50 dollars in planters, 15 dollars in stinky spray to keep the animals away, I dont remember how much for some fertilizer... things all started adding up. Well over 100 dollars for a couple peppers.

I said we could have bought some goddamn peppers at the grocery store for a hell of a lot cheaper. I thought this was going to be a little fun activity for 48 cents.

Its funny though, my wife became very proud of them when the plants started getting tall. Then you get the flowers. Start seeing the tiny little fruits popping out. And then you see them getting big. Now she has taken it on as her job to water them every night. 

14 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

I have 4 Sweet Basil plants going, have to trim em back about every week or they go to seed/flower. One huge Oregano bush, second year, just harvest at will, can't kill it. One Thyme plant, also robust, harvest as needed and a chive bush that just won"t stop. The more I cut, the more it grows. Parsley next to that one, I think they talk to each other. Chives are delicious on anything.

Nice to give this joint some culture, huh? :afro:

We have a Comfrey plant that is like that, trying to take over the world, the oregano and various mint plants are the same just totally out of control, the sage is a bit more manageable and yes chives, we having them growing in random places we never planted them, but they sure are tasty.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its funny though, my wife became very proud of them when the plants started getting tall. Then you get the flowers. Start seeing the tiny little fruits popping out. And then you see them getting big. Now she has taken it on as her job to water them every night. 

That's how it happens.  

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Another on this day event.  One of the hardest hit balls I've ever seen.  What a moment.

Saw Mickey Mantle hit one out of Briggs stadium. Dick Allen out of Shibe Park (Connie Mack). 

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Right you are.  I believe Randall punted because John Teltschik was injured.

Actually I think it was Max Runager (RIP) who was replaced during the game, perhaps because of injury but perhaps also because of ineffectiveness. You might argue that Runager was long gone from the Eagles by then, but he made a brief second appearance with the team after the 49ers got rid of him. He was washed up.

Incidentally, Dawkins wore 24 in training camp his rookie and quickly switched to 20, his college number, when whoever was wearing it was released during final cuts.

Do you remember what number Keith Jackson wore during his first preseason?

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Added a lettuce leaf basil to my group of basil this year.  May be my favorite herb.  I have a sage and lavender too.  Replanted my lavender in a pot from the herb garden and contemplating same for the sage that keeps crowding my thyme and rosemary in my 4x6 herb garden  

When my sister passed this past year she left behind this stacked planter on wheels. This week it gets planted with some herbs and vegetables that I can harvest as I wheel it in the garage at freezing temperatures. Plan some lettuce, spinach, celery and carrots for the lower tiers and herbs, including hardy ones, for the top tiers. 

Wish I had that kind of time. Its all I can do to maintain my small plot.

Important to keep the Legacy plants going, You remember your sister every time you go near the garden. Love transcends.

I have a small Lavender plant on the front deck. Not excited about that dude so far, maybe needs more attention.

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Woke is for leftists…

Actually woke is for rightists.  Most leftists see no meaning to the term.

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Actually I think it was Max Runager (RIP) who was replaced during the game, perhaps because of injury but perhaps also because of ineffectiveness. You might argue that Runager was long gone from the Eagles by then, but he made a brief second appearance with the team after the 49ers got rid of him. He was washed up.

Incidentally, Dawkins wore 24 in training camp his rookie and quickly switched to 20, his college number, when whoever was wearing it was released during final cuts.

Do you remember what number Keith Jackson wore during his first preseason?

I remember Jackson was 88.  But, I think John Spagnola had that number prior to him.  So, I'm guessing Jackson had a different number for TC because Spagnola was still on the TC roster... if I am remembering right.  My guess would be 89.  But, that might be inaccurate.

I do remember Runager returning.  I think he came back when Teltschik was hurt.  So, it might have been an in game Runager injury.  I just remember Teltschik was injured that year.

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We planted some sweet peppers this year. First time trying to grow anything. 

Im pretty sure we have the best pepper plants ever. Lots of fruit. Big beautiful green peppers. Ive been told they are some of the nicest peppers anyone has ever seen. Wonderful plants. Very flavorful. Spectacular peppers, the likes of which no one has ever tasted before.

Love peppers. I have sixteen containers plus my cayenne in the garden. I let my paprikas ripe on the plants and smoke half of them and dry the others with the dehydrator. While I am smoking, I include Anchos and Chipotle, vine ripened Poblanos and Jalapeños. I also smoke some chiles (Anaheim and Hatches).  I also smoked some serranos this past year.  (My chili is spicy and smoky, if only @greend was around to share some venison and boar with me.  Grow some bells (a sweet pepper), dehydrate and chop (food processor not a spice grinder) and add the pepper flakes to red beans and rice recipe.  Trust me, it makes the recipe. 

23 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Yeah. I have basil, lemon thyme, parsley, and chives.  Also thai basil.. 

P.S. I get shishito peppers from a friend. God bless him.

Lemongrass?

23 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

I lose about 15% to birds, squirrels etc. Always get some deadloss to insects. The larger varieties tend to suffer the most in terms of degradation prior to harvesting in my lil garden. Hard to grow those big Beefeaters and Rutgers Champs, etc. They are the first ones the predators go after. 

Squirrels leave my garden alone and I raised my garden to prevent the rabbits..  I have to fight the damn birds for my strawberries (second harvest coming in). 

14 minutes ago, Utebird said:

We have a Comfrey plant that is like that, trying to take over the world, the oregano and various mint plants are the same just totally out of control, the sage is a bit more manageable and yes chives, we having them growing in random places we never planted them, but they sure are tasty.

I'm finding the deal with Herbs are they like to be cut back, grow better and faster after a trimming. I splash a little fertilizer around em maybe twice a season just to keep them interested but they seem to be basically weeds. Get outa the way and let em grow.

23 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Honestly it’s a top 5 highlight for the Phillies since 2012. I couldn’t believe it when he did it. God i hope they make the playoffs 

28 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Lol.

I like Toms Hanks 

I saw that movie in the theater  with 4 other girls, I never made a move on any of them because I was a total tool😄

Maybe 4for4 and I should meet at  bench in a park, wed either hit it off or he'd kill me...

I'm not much of a fighter or a runner, I'm toast during the zombie apocalypse 🤷‍♂️

EUpN049XgAAr5gb?format=jpg&name=900x900

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly it’s a top 5 highlight for the Phillies since 2012. I couldn’t believe it when he did it. God i hope they make the playoffs 

The only thing that would make it better was if we could have heard Harry Kalas call that shot.  

1 minute ago, Doc S. said:

I'm finding the deal with Herbs are they like to be cut back, grow better and faster after a trimming. I splash a little fertilizer around em maybe twice a season just to keep them interested but they seem to be basically weeds. Get outa the way and let em grow.

I may try that, with the fertilizer, but yeah when I trim them back they seem to get all crazy.

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I remember Jackson was 88.  But, I think John Spagnola had that number prior to him.  So, I'm guessing Jackson had a different number for TC because Spagnola was still on the TC roster... if I am remembering right.  My guess would be 89.  But, that might be inaccurate.

I do remember Runager returning.  I think he came back when Teltschik was hurt.  So, it might have been an in game Runager injury.  I just remember Teltschik was injured that year.

Correct on Spagnola being the player who had the number in camp. Jackson wore 84 and it just didn’t look right. I was so happy when Spagnola was released (or maybe he "retired” instead). 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Squirrels leave my garden alone and I raised my garden to prevent the rabbits..  I have to fight the damn birds for my strawberries (second harvest coming in). 

My 3rd year on my baby strawberry patch. the friggin Birds won this one. { Love sayin that} ate all my ruby jewels and left me a clump of leaves. Guess I should have thrown a net over it...

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I may try that, with the fertilizer, but yeah when I trim them back they seem to get all crazy.

Hey, they need a boost every now and again...

Archived