EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Count me jealous of your plums. My basil is loving this weather. As is my oregano (Greek, Italian and wild) and thyme. My chives are thriving too. If only someone would sell Mexican oregano seeds.  Only my cilantro has been an issue this year.  Get it close to harvesting and a week later it flowers.  

I’ve got a fantasy draft with all my friends  coming up that I’m hosting at my house and this is all they keep texting me. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Great movie 

The music throughout makes it even better. The final scene is incredible. 

Just now, hputenis said:

I’ve got a fantasy draft with all my friends  coming up that I’m hosting at my house and this is all they keep texting me. 

Tell olsilverpubes to leave the old lady at home 

Just now, Desertbirds said:

I'm not squeamish, but that one freaks me out.

It’s definitely not for the faint of heart but it’s a brilliant horror piece. 

1 minute ago, Doc S. said:

Still experimenting. I plant way too much , always end up canning so as not to waste the goods. Really enjoying the fresh Plums right now, they go on pretty much everything ...B-) Celebrities don't suck either, all my sammiches get a slab. The Herb Garden has become key. Fresh Basil and Italian Oregano with tomatoes and a chunk of Mozz is a showstopper. I don't worry about keeping the birds out of the garden, it's the neighbors that are the problem. :smoke:

If you are looking for new varieties to try.  Cherokee Purple and Mortgage Lifter are two heirlooms (beefsteaks) worth giving a shot.  Cherokees are the best flavor there is.  The Mortgage Lifter are even bigger.

3 hours ago, justrelax said:

You do. No one is scarier than you. When you gave the date when Vai Sikahema punched the goal post padding, you went into my hall of fame.

I gotta be honest here. I don’t remember doing that, nor do I remember the date. I know I was at the game with a close friend of mine from college who is a big Giants fan. And we were sitting in the opposite end zone. I think Kent Graham was the quarterback for the Giants that day. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  I called you woke for bishing about the racist hand gesture you were so triggered about. And then being woke and high jacking the blog about gender indentity last week or the week before.  If you’re gonna be a baby, have your facts straight.   Has nothing to do with cooking.   JFC.  Hate me all you want but be accurate with your hate.  

I wasnt triggered about the hand gesture I was having a good time with it.

I was a frequent recipient of the circle game as a teen.( Not that circle game)😳

Seems you were triggered about it as a civil discussion led you to call me woke and he/she/them and infer that me cooking for my fam made me less than...

As for gender identity, again I didn't bring it up, I feel like there were some good conversations about it from those who are mature enough to talk about it 

The whole he/she/ them pronoun thing is really confusing to me and I'm trying to understand it better as I try and recognize my own prejudices towards that whole thing.

As for hate, I don't hate you, though I think you would like that, negative attention is better than no attention right? Maybe that's why your constantly picking fights with half the board, because if you didn't have that what would you have?

19 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

They are my second favorite plum tomato.  I prefer Amish Paste as my number 1 plum.  I like San Marzano a little more for sauces, but the Amish are a little better for fresh tomato and olive oil as well as for bruschetta.   I don't have the patience to make my own sauce from fresh, so I do fresh tomato sauces for pasta when the tomatoes are in season using the Amish Paste.  And then out of season, I use canned San Marzano.  

Where do you get Amish Paste seeds. Never had one of those.  

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

I can't imagine anyone gave him a job after that, maybe he went into obscurity with Kotite who after being fired from the jets was never heard of again, dude just dropped off the face of the earth🤷‍♂️

And yet he’s been nominated for the Hall of Fame for his work in the front office. It’s hilarious.

Just now, BigEFly said:

I used to get my seeds from a little company in PA that was family run.  They retired when the pandemic hit and sold their business to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  (rareseeds.com).  They are also a family run business, out of Missouri, I think.  They have more varieties than you could try to grow in a lifetime.  I am fortunate that the Amish Paste are popular around me and a few nurseries even do starts, so that I don't have to start them from seed.  It is a nice head start without any fuss.

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

And yet he’s been nominated for the Hall of Fame for his work in the front office. It’s hilarious.

Kotite has, or the GM ??

Either way who would nominate either for the HOF???

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I gotta be honest here. I don’t remember doing that, nor do I remember the date. I know I was at the game with a close friend of mine from college who is a big Giants fan. And we were sitting in the opposite end zone. I think Kent Graham was the quarterback for the Giants that day. 

Kent Graham. That’s scary. You are fabulous. Good company too.

6 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

image.gif.002d470de06f26e6fb84bf476de2dc58.gif

7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Amish Pastes are bigger than a standard 'plum'.  Which is one of the things that I like about it.   And if you like stuffed tomatoes, they are a great size for that.  Tricky part is that they have fairly pointed ends, so you kind of need to pack them in fairly tight to the baking dish so that they hold each other in place while baking.

10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Count me jealous of your plums. My basil is loving this weather. As is my oregano (Greek, Italian and wild) and thyme. My chives are thriving too. If only someone would sell Mexican oregano seeds.  Only my cilantro has been an issue this year.  Get it close to harvesting and a week later it flowers.  

I have 4 Sweet Basil plants going, have to trim em back about every week or they go to seed/flower. One huge Oregano bush, second year, just harvest at will, can't kill it. One Thyme plant, also robust, harvest as needed and a chive bush that just won"t stop. The more I cut, the more it grows. Parsley next to that one, I think they talk to each other. Chives are delicious on anything.

Nice to give this joint some culture, huh? :afro:

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I wasnt triggered about the hand gesture I was having a good time with it.

I was a frequent recipient of the circle game as a teen.( Not that circle game)😳

Seems you were triggered about it as a civil discussion led you to call me woke and he/she/them and infer that me cooking for my fam made me less than...

As for gender identity, again I didn't bring it up, I feel like there were some good conversations about it from those who are mature enough to talk about it 

The whole he/she/ them pronoun thing is really confusing to me and I'm trying to understand it better as I try and recognize my own prejudices towards that whole thing.

As for hate, I don't hate you, though I think you would like that, negative attention is better than no attention right? Maybe that's why your constantly picking fights with half the board, because if you didn't have that what would you have?

You two should get a room.  You post better football stuff than him by far but you two remind me of every antagonist Taming of the Shrew rom com ever done.  He’s Meg Ryan and you are Tom Hanks in You’ve got Mail.

2 hours ago, mattwill said:

What was the piece of info that I had wrong that he corrected me on?  It was priceless.  He put me in my place with power, grace and style.  I just don't want to work in his factory.

It was regarding Cunningham’s 91 yard punt against the Giants. You said it was a quick kick on third down. I argued that it was a regular punt on fourth down. To back up my claim, I asked why the Giants would have running back Dave Meggett (the return man who let the ball roll and roll...and roll some more) on the field on third down. You quickly acknowledged the point.

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I think he's got that nomination based on what happened with the Ravens.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I used to get my seeds from a little company in PA that was family run.  They retired when the pandemic hit and sold their business to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  (rareseeds.com).  They are also a family run business, out of Missouri, I think.  They have more varieties than you could try to grow in a lifetime.  I am fortunate that the Amish Paste are popular around me and a few nurseries even do starts, so that I don't have to start them from seed.  It is a nice head start without any fuss.

There is a local nursery that is great for starters.  Thanks for the suggestion, i will check with them next year.  

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It was regarding Cunningham’s 91 yard punt against the Giants. You said it was a quick kick on third down. I argued that it was a regular punt on fourth down. To back up my claim, I asked why the Giants would have running back Dave Meggett (the return man who let the ball roll and roll...and roll some more) on the field on third down. You quickly acknowledged the point.

Right you are.  I believe Randall punted because John Teltschik was injured.

1 minute ago, Doc S. said:

I have 4 Sweet Basil plants going, have to trim em back about every week or they go to seed/flower. One huge Oregano bush, second year, just harvest at will, can't kill it. One Thyme plant, also robust, harvest as needed and a chive bush that just won"t stop. The more I cut, the more it grows. Parsley next to that one, I think they talk to each other. Chives are delicious on anything.

We planted some sweet peppers this year. First time trying to grow anything. 

Im pretty sure we have the best pepper plants ever. Lots of fruit. Big beautiful green peppers. Ive been told they are some of the nicest peppers anyone has ever seen. Wonderful plants. Very flavorful. Spectacular peppers, the likes of which no one has ever tasted before.

Guest justrelax
7 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Yeah. I have basil, lemon thyme, parsley, and chives.  Also thai basil.. 

P.S. I get shishito peppers from a friend. God bless him.

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If you are looking for new varieties to try.  Cherokee Purple and Mortgage Lifter are two heirlooms (beefsteaks) worth giving a shot.  Cherokees are the best flavor there is.  The Mortgage Lifter are even bigger.

I lose about 15% to birds, squirrels etc. Always get some deadloss to insects. The larger varieties tend to suffer the most in terms of degradation prior to harvesting in my lil garden. Hard to grow those big Beefeaters and Rutgers Champs, etc. They are the first ones the predators go after. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

We planted some sweet peppers this year. First time trying to grow anything. 

Im pretty sure we have the best pepper plants ever. Lots of fruit. Big beautiful green peppers. Ive been told they are some of the nicest peppers anyone has ever seen. Wonderful plants. Very flavorful. Spectacular peppers, the likes of which no one has ever tasted before.

What are you growing?  California Bells?

I'm partial to the Corno Di Toro or the Marconi Rossi for the sweets.  Just seem to be more prolific for me than the California ever were.

Archived