EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Rent Free

Hey man! Rent is obviously a male construct! How dare you isolate and denigrate females by using such an offensive term! 

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/RB

- I could see Trey Sermon being available, but not sure how good of a fit he is. He's a HR hitter with bad vision. We have one of those
- The Browns will have to cut someone, like Felton
- The Dolphins also have a ton of backs that someone like Myles Gaskin could be available or shake loose.

That Miami backfield is one to watch for sure. Thats a real nice group.

In Cinci, Jerome Ford ran well in pre-season game 1. If he makes it, the guy ahead him in RB3 spot on that depth chart is D'Ernest Johnson. One to watch as well.

If Jacobs stays in Oakland, should be watching for Kenyan Drake to shake loose. I assume Zamir White will make the team.

I have about a million sleepers who I would be happy with, but my hope right now is for someone more established as a starter or at least spot starter in the league already.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

@HazletonEagle   Is that the new DB in you avatar?  

yeah. Celebrating GM1 for a little while till the guy is cut. Then Ill have to change it again.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Well then our WR core is really gonna be pissed off. 

We're already going to be a bottom 10 team in attempts and now you want to include the RB's more. 

I'm hoping we don't waste Smith and Brown this year.

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Uhhh...I said you have no reading comprehension skills, which is obviously true. Thus, my circle jerk skills would also be non-existent. So....thanks? 

Obviously...😒

That's good that Hurts is doing better in practice

I still hope Strong gets a significant amount of time in one of these last 2 games

23 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They are afraid to take it to CVON because this is me in there the last few days

7 Tips to Writing Battles: Let The Owies Begin! | Legends of Windemere

Yeah, I have been over in CVON, it has been more like this.

Sport Fail GIFs | Tenor

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They are afraid to take it to CVON because this is me in there the last few days

7 Tips to Writing Battles: Let The Owies Begin! | Legends of Windemere

I've been to CVON it's a pee pee measuring yell fest.

Kind of like the blog.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I have about a million sleepers who I would be happy with, but my hope right now is for someone more established as a starter or at least spot starter in the league already.

Ravens cut Corey Clement already

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I've been to CVON it's a pee pee measuring yell fest.

Kind of like the blog.

It is. I stop in every couple of months and crush them since no one else can. Theres a couple far right doozies in there that get owned. No one sensible like me to dominate the group of far lefties.

Just now, RLC said:

Will always love Corey (SB52 Champion), but he's done.

Example #54287 never draft a RB early. They go so fast, total waste of resources. Clement was undrafted a SB hero. They got what they got out of him, his production tanked, they moved on. No investment was lost. Honestly wouldn't take a RB any earlier than the 4th round. Even if there was really intriguing talent sitting there in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd much rather take a flier on a DE, CB, WR, S or whatever than taking a player who will only be productive for his rookie contract.

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It is. I stop in every couple of months and crush them since no one else can. Theres a couple far right doozies in there that get owned. No one sensible like me to dominate the group of far lefties.

, the blog is enough.

The blog to me.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Example #54287 never draft a RB early. They go so fast, total waste of resources. Clement was undrafted a SB hero. They got what they got out of him, his production tanked, they moved on. No investment was lost. Honestly wouldn't take a RB any earlier than the 4th round. Even if there was really intriguing talent sitting there in the 2nd or 3rd, I'd much rather take a flier on a DE, CB, WR, S or whatever than taking a player who will only be productive for his rookie contract.

I'm with you on RD1, but you can absolutely justify RBs in Rounds2-3. You can get elite production with minimal cost: Cook, Mixon, Taylor, Chubb, Kamara, Hunt, Bell, Martin, etc. You can go further back to Shady and Matt Forte too. Generally speaking, because a lot of teams don't want RBs in RD1, you tend to get 1st round talents in RDs 2 & 3.

Unless you're Dave Gettleman.

Just now, Utebird said:

I can't handle it, the blog is enough.

The blog to me.

You might be close to antifa levels of leftness, but I think you are slightly more civil than that. CVON is mostly for antifa members to yell at the two far right goofballs that hang out in there. One wished death on the ~74 million trump voters the other day. Thats when I started mopping the floor with them.

Ill let them recover, and pummel them again another day.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

One wished death on the ~74 million trump voters the other day.

That is not what he said, and .........................

TAKE IT TO CVON

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

You might be close to antifa levels of leftness, but I think you are slightly more civil than that. CVON is mostly for antifa members to yell at the two far right goofballs that hang out in there. One wished death on the ~74 million trump voters the other day. Thats when I started mopping the floor with them.

Ill let them recover, and pummel them again another day.

I thought thats what Facebook was for🤷‍♂️

Just now, downundermike said:

That is not what he said, and .........................

TAKE IT TO CVON

I already did. I took it to them till they couldnt handle any more.

And, it is what he said.

Just now, Utebird said:

I thought thats what Facebook was for🤷‍♂️

Facebook is old technology. I think EMB is more hip.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wishing death on a large group of people isn’t bannable?   Is bannable a word?  

Sure. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

not much is bannable in CVON, yet the mods felt it necessary to take procus' post editing abilities away because he deleted a thread that the antifa members werent done shaming him in yet. We have politically biased moderation on the EMB now, which is nice.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Its actually largely defensible behavior, apparently. In the CVON world. It was me against about 5 or 6 of them all Sunday long. I had nothing better to do.

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

The spoof was pretty funny..  Cry me a river di@k face

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

I'm with you on RD1, but you can absolutely justify RBs in Rounds2-3. You can get elite production with minimal cost: Cook, Mixon, Taylor, Chubb, Kamara, Hunt, Bell, Martin, etc. You can go further back to Shady and Matt Forte too. Generally speaking, because a lot of teams don't want RBs in RD1, you tend to get 1st round talents in RDs 2 & 3.

Unless you're Dave Gettleman.

I don't mind using 2nd round picks on good RBs, they're still inexpensive enough that it's not a huge investment if they don't work out, the problem is when they do work out and then one extends them for big money.

Not a lot of sense in that, let em walk and get another RB in rounds 2-7 and UDFA.

The biggest dumb move related to RBs I can remember was when Chip as GM said he traded McCoy in his prime because he was too expensive to then turn around and give Demarco Murray a big contract to which he did this 

Archived