EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I'm saying that I don't know why he used it, and as you've just admitted, neither do you. You think you do. And I'm saying that banning people and punishing people for "we think" sets a bad precedent. Maybe he was doing it to be a racist dick. I have no idea. I don't believe in punishing people based off of thinking they did something wrong. That's a good way to screw over a lot of people for no reason in the long run. It leads to families suing Disney World for millions of dollars because "they think" a character in costume ignored their kid because of their skin color. Saw a video the other day where a bunch of kids completely trashed a convenience store because the clerk asked them if they needed any help with anything and "they thought" he was pestering them because of their skin color. Once you start going down the road of "we punish because we think" it leads nowhere good.

No, I clearly stated why I think it was used, and also clarified how the usage differs. I agree that it doesn't mean I'm correct, but the network apologizing gives me enough confirmation to think my assumption is right.   

Well, I think punishing people for what we think is fine as long as there's evidence to support the claim.  I don't disagree with your point, I just don't know that it applies with this case. 

and my bad y'all, I know this aint cvon lol

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

No, I clearly stated why I think it was used, and also clarified how the usage differs. I agree that it doesn't mean I'm correct, but the network apologizing gives me enough confirmation to think my assumption is right.   

Well, I think punishing people for what we think is fine as long as there's evidence to support the claim.  I don't disagree with your point, I just don't know that it applies with this case. 

and my bad y'all, I know this aint cvon lol

Whatever racist 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I have a Part Viesla who takes car of the rabbits and squirrels and a lab/norwegian bird dog mix to keep care of the birds.

The Viesla is the fastest dog I've ever seen and the lab mix jumps high as F.

My son and I think it's cool when they kill, my fiancee does not. lol

Oh sicking your dogs on small animals gets your rocks off? 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The Irony of you saying the sameshit over and over again and then calling someone lame.

Go away puppy boy

I think you've actually called him puppy boy about 50 times now.  And the irony of you calling him out on irony.  I just might faint!  

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

spacer.png

Im going to stick up for my wife here because she'd do the same for me. 

Little background on my wife.

She comes from a broken family, her two older brothers were both addicts who were using heavy drugs at 12, both of who her dad physically abused, her older sister got pregnant at 17, the father wasn't around as he was an alcoholic, my wife at the age of ten helped raise that child who was diagnosed type one diabetic at 3 years old, her dad was is still a narcissistic a hole, her mom spent long bouts being depressed lying in bed.

As soon as she turned 18 she moved out of her parents house by her self, through college earned two bachelor degrees then put her self through graduate school earning a master's and a doctorate, during that time she almost died giving birth to our first child, later she carried our twin girls to full term which is unheard of, then afterwards she beat cancer, twice.

So yeah she's Strong.

18 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Im going to stick up for my wife here because she'd do the same for me. 

Little background on my wife.

She comes from a broken family, her two older brothers were both addicts who were using heavy drugs at 12, both of who her dad physically abused, her older sister got pregnant at 17, the father wasn't around as he was an alcoholic, my wife at the age of ten helped raise that child who was diagnosed type one diabetic at 3 years old, her dad was is still a narcissistic a hole, her mom spent long bouts being depressed lying in bed.

As soon as she turned 18 she moved out of her parents house by her self, through college earned two bachelor degrees then put her self through graduate school earning a master's and a doctorate, during that time she almost died giving birth to our first child, later she carried our twin girls to full term which is unheard of, then afterwards she beat cancer, twice.

So yeah she's Strong.

Honestly dude, you're way too sensitive. I wouldn't take these boards seriously, at all. And it extends beyond the boards, don't take life so seriously, you'll have a much better time. 

19 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I think it's so cool. You have these some what well trained dogs(sit, stay, paw, fetch, etc) to all of a sudden go into primitive gene mode. 

The Viesla is also part weimaraner and I did the research of her "ancestors" Apparently in the "ol' days" (1800ish I guess) they were just let out into HUGE fields and would randomly come back with bunny, rabbit, squirrel, etc. Like a roomba for hunting. 

C'mon man, if you're gonna start pounding your chest about your dog, at least get the name of the breed right....its Vizsla. This isn't difficult. 

I have a Jack/Beagle mix, and he also kills squirrels, birds, rats/mice with impunity. I don't like when he does it cause I gotta clean it up and it sucks to have a small animal die for no reason, but the raw animal instinct is cool to see. 

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I have a Jack/Beagle mix, and he also kills squirrels, birds, rats/mice with impunity.

I had a cat that was a straight assassin.  He killed squirrels like it was going out of style.  Looking at him, you would not think he was a killer, but he murdered everything.

No photo description available.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I had a cat that was a straight assassin.  He killed squirrels like it was going out of style.  Looking at him, you would not think he was a killer, but he murdered everything.

Can he tackle a kick returner? 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And yet, somehow you've survived.  🤔

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Honestly dude, you're way too sensitive. I wouldn't take these boards seriously, at all. And it extends beyond the boards, don't take life so seriously, you'll have a much better time. 

C'mon man, if you're gonna start pounding your chest about your dog, at least get the name of the breed right....its Vizsla. This isn't difficult. 

I have a Jack/Beagle mix, and he also kills squirrels, birds, rats/mice with impunity. I don't like when he does it cause I gotta clean it up and it sucks to have a small animal die for no reason, but the raw animal instinct is cool to see. 

I'm a sensitive dude, that's a strength not a weakness, maybe you're not sensitive enough?

Plus I'm outta pot😉

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I wish I had the video from about 6 years ago when my basset tried to bring a full size bunny into the house, that he killed. It was hilarious.  Our beagle and basset ran this bunny into a corner of our yard in PA and gassed him out and then the Basset got him.  I was away on a golf trip, but the wife and daughter has to take care of it. 

My dog has tried many times, always unsuccessfully to get rabbits. It's like they're all Bugs and he's just a dumb Elmer Fudd. They're too quick and too smart. Squirrels are some of the dumbest critters around, they'll just be out in an open field with nowhere to go vertically, and if that's the case it's game over. 

Coolest kill my guy had was in our backyard, it's long and narrow, and he shot out the door to go after a squirrel. A group of birds was resting in the bush, and he flushed them as he chased the squirrel. Well, he flushed one right in front of his face, and he snatched it clean outta the air. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Kick returner may be a little big, but he does wrap up well.

I miss my cats.

I never had a cat growing up my brother was allergic, when he moved out I got a dog, never had cats til I met wife she had 2,

Put our last one down last year after 18 years💔

We have a dog now, Mastiff mix, she's great but thing about dogs especially bigger breeds is they live 10 years tops, and that really sucks.

Too bad they don't live 65 years like a Parrott.

I heard someone once say, buying a pet is like buying a minor tragedy.   It's true, but frankly, it is worth it.

Guest justrelax
3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I heard someone once say, buying a pet is like buying a minor tragedy.   It's true, but frankly, it is worth it.

My wife and I say, sooner or later they break your heart.

How do you guys come up with pet names ??

Mine have all been named after athletes, or sports.

First dog, pictured with the cat above was Donovan, second dog, a little yorkie, Mia, the cat above, Shady, my great Dane, ESPeN, we fostered a St Bernard, his name was Buhner, and our current cat is named Gatti.

The only exception was a dog named Harley we took in from my wifes boss at the time.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

My wife and I say, sooner or later they break your heart.

Its true... but, would you trade the joy they give for the pain they cause to go away?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

First dog, pictured with the cat above was Donovan, second dog, a little yorkie, Mia, the cat above, Shady, my great Dane, ESPeN, we fostered a St Bernard, his name was Buhner, and our current cat is named Gatti.

The only exception was a dog named Harley we took in from my wifes boss at the time.

I let my Great Dane decided when he was a puppy. His name is Cat.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

My dog is named Rosie.... Best name to combine interests from my wife, my son and myself.  Wife is a fan of Dr. Who, I am a big MASH fan, and my son is a Mario guy.

15 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I was actually never a dog person until I met my current girl. We started with the VIZSLA(rescue) then rescued another, which was supposed to be a mutt, ended up being 100% American Bully. Then we just rescued the 3rd, the Lab/Norweigen mix. 

Yes, the clean up sucks. 

May be an image of dog and indoor

Ya I adopted my guy, he’s a biter (nipped a small child and was given up twice). He’s fearless though, captured this standoff one morning in our hood:

00B0E915-7012-45E4-AFD7-FB2FF3A16147.jpeg

Guest justrelax
7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Its true... but, would you trade the joy they give for the pain they cause to go away?

Of course not.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

My guys name is Tuco....from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. 

1C44B39D-2CB9-420A-9DD6-B56FC738E417.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I was actually never a dog person until I met my current girl. We started with the VIZSLA(rescue) then rescued another, which was supposed to be a mutt, ended up being 100% American Bully. Then we just rescued the 3rd, the Lab/Norweigen mix. 

Yes, the clean up sucks. 

May be an image of dog and indoor

Rescues are the best.👍

No way I could handle 3, the 1 is enough .

Archived