EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sanders starting early with the soft tissue injuries. The worst part is because he's hurt all the damn time his value is probably crap, he wouldn't bring back anything in a trade.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I'm not salty 

I knew you would say box isn't a credible source because it's left leaning 

Yet the article doesn't take a left or right opinion or any really.

It's just reporting the history of the word woke and where it originated and how it's used today.

Like I said previously , call me woke all you want, the opposite of woke is ignorant so...

Far left like to pretend they are middle. Much like reflexively crying racism, speaking your view does not give it accuracy or credibility.

14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I feel like woke and Cancel Culture go hand and hand at this point. 

Then the right are woke as they are constantly just as big a part of cancel culture as the left.

The current left tries to cancel things like racism.

The current right tries to cancel rule of law, books, abortion, LGBTQ ect ...

Goes both ways the right just think their cancelling of the above is justified and the lefts cancelling of racism violates their rights🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Far left like to pretend they are middle. Much like reflexively crying racism, speaking your view does not give it accuracy or credibility.

I dont pretend I'm middle, I embrace my far left ideology.

What the majority of US considers Far left are things the rest of the developed world consider mainstream.Universal health care, publicly funded higher education, equal rights ect...

The middle left are basically conservatives 20 years ago, just a bunch of corporate lackeys

Now if you are talking extremes than you have those on both sides.

The right accuse the left of violent riots while the right are killing cops storming the capitol🤷‍♂️

I dont pretend I'm middle, I embrace my far left ideology.

What the majority of US considers Far left are things the rest of the developed world consider mainstream.Universal health care, publicly funded higher education, equal rights ect...

The middle left are basically conservatives 20 years ago, just a bunch of corporate lackeys

Now if you are talking extremes than you have those on both sides.

The right accuse the left of violent riots while the right are killing cops storming the capitol🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

TAKE IT TO CVON

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

What if I were talking about dogs or vegetable gardens are there specific non eagles football related forums for those ???😉

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's the same guy, all the time.  

Who would that be🤔

What if I were talking about dogs or vegetable gardens are there specific non eagles football related forums for those ???😉

Dogs and gardens aren't conflicting views. Politics is decidedly divisive. Take it CVON! 

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Then the right are woke as they are constantly just as big a part of cancel culture as the left.

The current left tries to cancel things like racism.

The current right tries to cancel rule of law, books, abortion, LGBTQ ect ...

Goes both ways the right just think their cancelling of the above is justified and the lefts cancelling of racism violates their rights🤷‍♂️

That's a poor parallel, the equivalent to "Cancel culture" is right wing censorship, not policy disagreements.

So for example, banning books that have LGBTQ themes, using Critical Race Theory as a bogeyman to take real history out of history books, such as the FACT that the Texas Revolution was motivated by the Mexican abolition of slavery, or the Tulsa riot of 1921 (and numerous other riots), the rise of the KKK in the 1920s and so forth. Whitewashing American history is no different than rewriting history to push an ideological narrative. It was a Civil War, not the War Between the States, and it was fought to preserve slavery.

In both cases, a small group of people impose their view of the world, without regard to facts and often block the expression of facts that contract their views.

I thought he was always in the right spot (Alabama pedigree), but lacked the twitch to play outside. He's a backup only IMO.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

That's a poor parallel, the equivalent to "Cancel culture" is right wing censorship, not policy disagreements.

So for example, banning books that have LGBTQ themes, using Critical Race Theory as a bogeyman to take real history out of history books, such as the FACT that the Texas Revolution was motivated by the Mexican abolition of slavery, or the Tulsa riot of 1921 (and numerous other riots), the rise of the KKK in the 1920s and so forth. Whitewashing American history is no different than rewriting history to push an ideological narrative. It was a Civil War, not the War Between the States, and it was fought to preserve slavery.

In both cases, a small group of people impose their view of the world, without regard to facts and often block the expression of facts that contract their views.

It's both.

I live in Kansas, the Kansas right legislature attempted to cancel abortion in the state of KS, the people by a wide majority said no .

This was a state  policy disagreement, not  censorship.

I agree with the rest of your points though. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I thought he was always in the right spot (Alabama pedigree), but lacked the twitch to play outside. He's a backup only IMO.

Uh oh, what happened to Bradberry? 

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's been the rule of thumb in here for years.  Some people aren't worth the time or the effort.  

I agree some posters aren't worth the effort...

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Uh oh, what happened to Bradberry? 

Hopefully nothing serious.

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

He got picked on by the jets ...

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Imagine that! Throwing the ball instead of running results in a nice catch by our talented WR! 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Imagine that! Throwing the ball instead of running results in a nice catch by our talented WR! 

And Hurts is so good he can get sacked and have a completion on the same play

He got picked on by the jets ...

Moore crushed him. Now, Moore is good and twitched-up. This means that if Jobe is playing meaningful snaps we're going to need to play a ton of zone.

10 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Dogs and gardens aren't conflicting views. Politics is decidedly divisive. Take it CVON! 

I don't know I've met some posters who have really strong views about peppers.

Having said that who died and made you cvon police?

I've noticed you'll carry on for days about politics yet as soon as someone posts something conflicting to your view you and other start screaming, take it to cvon.

You're too sensitive bro not just in here but in life, dont take things to seriously and you'll enjoy life more...

Archived