EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And Hurts is so good he can get sacked and have a completion on the same play

He also had 2 TDs in the Jets game eventhough he only played 1 drive.  He's special.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RLC said:

Moore crushed him. Now, Moore is good and twitched-up. This means that if Jobe is playing meaningful snaps we're going to need to play a ton of zone.

Yup moore is a good WR.

I think jobe in college benefitted greatly by having a lot of great players around him.

There's a reason he went undrafted, he wasnt a big reason that Alabama D was good he was a beneficiary 

I'm not rooting against the kid I just haven't seen much that gives me confidence he can be a good starting corner in the league.

Hopefully bradberry is ok.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Blakenship fighting for S3

Had to read that twice to digest you meant 3rd safety; I thought you meant 53 and something was wrong with your "5" key

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Blakenship fighting for S3

I really liked him as a UDFA.

He was a tackling machine in college 

He's not a hyper athlete but he seems to be smart and in the right place at the right time and like I said he's not afraid to get in it and hit someone 

44 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What’s your Twitter name?  Jalen Squirts?

I want my name to be JSquirts for real 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Had to read that twice to digest you meant 3rd safety; I thought you meant 53 and something was wrong with your "5" key

Bad shorthand I guess.

Epps and Harris are starting. Chachere plays ST. Blankenship should be able to. Scott is a nickle/S hybrid.

I don't see how Tartt is making the team at this point.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I really liked him as a UDFA.

He was a tackling machine in college 

He's not a hyper athlete but he seems to be smart and in the right place at the right time and like I said he's not afraid to get in it and hit someone 

TJ edwards at safety? I'll take it 

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I don't know I've met some posters who have really strong views about peppers.

Having said that who died and made you cvon police?

I've noticed you'll carry on for days about politics yet as soon as someone posts something conflicting to your view you and other start screaming, take it to cvon.

You're too sensitive bro not just in here but in life, dont take things to seriously and you'll enjoy life more...

What politics do I discuss in here? I keep that in CVON. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too bad one of his Super Powers isn’t being a QB.  

I'm really disliking Steichen more and more. 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

What politics do I discuss in here? I keep that in CVON. 

You've responded to me more than once on a political topic.

Just because you don't start political topics doesn't mean you never post about anything politicsal

Notice I don't start political topics in the BLOG either.

I'll respond but never start anything politically.

Sure one can say just simply  don't respond, to which I could say, it's just as easy to simply not read or ignore those posts.

Plenty of divisive comments on the blog on a daily basis that I choose to ignore or not respond to.

You should try doing the same.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too bad one of his Super Powers isn’t being a QB.  

Take it away! Take away his powers!

35b6c2a0a6a84171b26e5c8b60cc3093172ef998.jpg

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

You've responded to me more than once on a political topic.

Just because you don't start political topics doesn't mean you never post about anything politicsal

Notice I don't start political topics in the BLOG either.

I'll respond but never start anything politically.

Sure one can say just simply  don't respond, to which I could say, it's just as easy to simply not read or ignore those posts.

Plenty of divisive comments on the blog on a daily basis that I choose to ignore or not respond to.

You should try doing the same.

Oi...I may have a response or two....but you drag out divisive topics for days on end. If you want to discuss these topics in depth, there's a whole section of the board to do just that. 

And you started this whole nonsense by not being able to even understand the initial post that set you off. Get a grip. 

RBs catching the ball is a key for this offense, b/c with this OL, the screen game should be a major component of a ball control offense that can consistently matriculate down the field. You saw that in the exhibition game, they looked smoother than last year - with 5 big, athletic (well, 4 big) OL - screens should be almost unstoppable if they're run right. They even worked well with Opeta and Jergens.

And with better WRs, RBs should have more room to run on dump offs, as zones set up deeper. Against man coverage, Hurts will just take off and eat up acres of open field.

A well functioning run and short passing game forces the safeties to play honest instead of taking deep drops, opening up big play opportunities.

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

RBs catching the ball is a key for this offense, b/c with this OL, the screen game should be a major component of a ball control offense that can consistently matriculate down the field. You saw that in the exhibition game, they looked smoother than last year - with 5 big, athletic (well, 4 big) OL - screens should be almost unstoppable if they're run right. They even worked well with Opeta and Jergens.

And with better WRs, RBs should have more room to run on dump offs, as zones set up deeper. Against man coverage, Hurts will just take off and eat up acres of open field.

A well functioning run and short passing game forces the safeties to play honest instead of taking deep drops, opening up big play opportunities.

Do you think our RBs would qualify as good pass catchers? 

From the reports I've seen, Sanders and now Gainwell have struggled in catching. Sanders has certainly regressed big time in the pass game since his rookie year. And I don't think much of Scott as a receiver, but to be honest that's just a gut feeling more than anything. 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Is he at 30 TDs yet? 

I think after today he's at 16

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I don't drink beer, but I would share a root beer with him.

I recently learned that root beer was made by early settlers as a non alcoholic or small amount of alcohol beer, they referred to as  "Small Beer"😁

Ah, that's the problem!

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Do you think our RBs would qualify as good pass catchers? 

From the reports I've seen, Sanders and now Gainwell have struggled in catching. Sanders has certainly regressed big time in the pass game since his rookie year. And I don't think much of Scott as a receiver, but to be honest that's just a gut feeling more than anything. 

Gainwell was a good receiver in college and pretty much last season, so I'll give him a mulligan

Sanders is a mystery, he looked like a great receiving back as a rookie, has regressed since, and that makes him a lot less valuable.

Scott is a good receiver and RAC guy, but he's a small target.

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Gainwell was a good receiver in college and pretty much last season, so I'll give him a mulligan

Sanders is a mystery, he looked like a great receiving back as a rookie, has regressed since, and that makes him a lot less valuable.

Scott is a good receiver and RAC guy, but he's a small target.

Sounds like an ideal screen back to me? 

Archived