EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

8 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

They should trade Reagor, if Howie can use his magic on unloading him and save face of drafting him high.  Maybe a tall order, but better than cutting him outright. 

Allen shows speed and makes play in ST.  He could make the roster and contributes in different ways.

Huntley is heading to PS.  But then he has been there for couple of seasons now.  If there is other prospect in the final cuts of other teams, add to the PS and augment the choices.

Can only trade Reagor if someone wants to give up something though.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Haha. Knew that was going to be your response. So Sanchez was a better than Hurts… not good. 

I'm not commenting on the play of any of the QBs.  I'm just pointing out how your statement was incorrect of who the QB was that entire season.  But the Chip Kelly offense was about running a lot of plays so there was a good bit of snaps, carries, targets to go around.  Maclin had one great season in his 5th year when he was in his short-lived prime.   He also got 143 targets that season which were the most he ever had in his career by a sizeable amount.  DeVonta already had a better rookie year.  He makes these highly skilled tight rope sideline catches with such routine that I never saw Maclin make to that level.  I think he's already a superior route runner to Maclin.  He's going to have a far better career than what Maclin had.  

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm not commenting on the play of any of the QBs.  I'm just pointing out how your statement was incorrect of who the QB was that entire season.  But the Chip Kelly offense was about running a lot of plays so there was a good bit of snaps, carries, targets to go around.  Maclin had one great season in his 5th year when he was in his short-lived prime.     DeVonta already had a better rookie year.  He makes these highly skilled tight rope sideline catches with such routine that I never saw Maclin make to that level.  I think he's already a superior route runner to Maclin.  He's going to have a far better career than what Maclin had.  

You’re arguing to argue. I said Smith was/will be better in my first comment. 

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I can't either, but who else remembers the way the national media went insane the year Tim Tebow was with us? On the night before final cuts, the Eagles released Matt Barkley. And all over ESPN and the like, the report was "Tim Tebow has made the Eagles! Hooray!" It was national news. It was nauseating, the way they jumped massively to a conclusion that was so obviously faulty. As if by cutting Barkley, it was certain that Tebow was making the team. Of course (and thank God!), Tebow was cut the next day, leaving the Eagles with only two quarterbacks.

I don't recall who they eventually signed to be the PS quarterback or whether he was subsequently activated to the 53.

For what it's worth, my plan would be to release Sinnett and then try to sign him to the PS. It's obvious that Strong isn't making it at all.

I believe the last time was 2017.  Wentz and Foles.  They had Sudfeld on the PS until Wentz' injury.  Also in 2016.

It’s so easy to say "just trade X”. How about this, if you were running another team, what would you give up for said player? 

I’d have to be really thin and really slow at WR to give up a 6th rounder for Reagor. 

Dillard is more interesting. Obviously I’d have to be in desperate need of a LT which arguably is the 2nd most important position on the field. Dillard has shown he can play pretty well but how many games has he started? Can he be consistent? Is he tough enough? Also he has 1 year left on his contract. How much are you willing to give up for a 1 year rental who hasn’t started a whole lot of games? If I’m a team that’s a LT away from being a contender, maybe a 3rd, probably a 4th. 

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Steelers starters still in under 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 

Watt and Diontae Johnson to the locker room with injuries too. 

52 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

It’s so easy to say "just trade X”. How about this, if you were running another team, what would you give up for said player? 

I’d have to be really thin and really slow at WR to give up a 6th rounder for Reagor. 

Dillard is more interesting. Obviously I’d have to be in desperate need of a LT which arguably is the 2nd most important position on the field. Dillard has shown he can play pretty well but how many games has he started? Can he be consistent? Is he tough enough? Also he has 1 year left on his contract. How much are you willing to give up for a 1 year rental who hasn’t started a whole lot of games? If I’m a team that’s a LT away from being a contender, maybe a 3rd, probably a 4th. 

It reminds me of "Trade Reggie Brown and a 2nd for Larry Fitzgerald" topics from way way back.

Guest justrelax
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Guys also just get hurt.  Is there any proof that their "hard" practice caused the injuries?   

For me it's a everything.  No OTA's, hardly any minicamps, light TC practice and starters not playing in the games....it's a super soft approach.  

Four practices, three scrimmages, two games in twelve days.

Soft. Right. Stop with the prejudgment and look at the actual schedule, now with two weeks to prepare for the first game. Sheesh!

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Soft. Right. Stop with the prejudgment and look at the actual schedule, now with two weeks to prepare for the first game. Sheesh!

Steelers might have lost 2 starters in today's preseason game 3. Not sure which way is the best to prepare for the regular season but unless it results in a big uptick in injuries, I'd rather see the team prepare, as it is, in a way that puts the best players on the field for the opener. 

16 minutes ago, metal said:

It reminds me of "Trade Reggie Brown and a 2nd for Larry Fitzgerald" topics from way way back.

Or McNabb and whatever else for URLCHERZZZZ

17 minutes ago, metal said:

Sounds like a trade a Cowboys or Lakers fan would propose. 😄😄

9 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

Steelers might have lost 2 starters in today's preseason game 3. Not sure which way is the best to prepare for the regular season but unless it results in a big uptick in injuries, I'd rather see the team prepare, as it is, in a way that puts the best players on the field for the opener. 

I know the injury rate increased when they canceled the preseason due to COVID, so I’m in favour of players getting game reps. I don’t see the benefit of sending players out there week one without being in a game situation, even if it is a glorified scrimmage. Teams come out rusty, Green Bay is the best example, week one the Saints demolished them and everyone overreacted and thought they would only win one game. Thankfully for them that divisions awful so they could afford to give away a game or two.

Someone check on bacarty. He needs us in this dark moment 

27 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I don’t think joint practice=scrimmage.  

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I think us old guys are stuck thinking about things like the 2 or 3 quarters walkthrough of preseason game 3 a way to get ready for the season.

Preseason is just a complete joke now. Only the Ravens care about preseason games.

Players get ready in training camp, mini camps, and joint practices

Players also arrive in camp in shape, it's not like Reid's first year where he used TC to weed out the out of shape guys who were just there to pick up a paycheck.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Players also arrive in camp in shape, it's not like Reid's first year where he used TC to weed out the out of shape guys who were just there to pick up a paycheck.

It’s not about being in shape.  It’s about being prepared for the season.  Getting the bumps and bruises out of the way. Fine tuning every last detail and so on. Just look at the last 2 games and the defensive efforts and those are the guys playing. 

I think Detroit comes out and punches this team in the face.  Eagles might end up and top due to talent but I just don’t see how physically this team will be as prepared as it could be.   Come week 1 the Eagles starters will be 3 weeks+ from live gameplay. 

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

One of my favorite players

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

pouring one out for my homie as we speak 

28 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not sure why he was playing anyways

Just now, Godfather said:

Not sure why he was playing anyways

Part of the Steelers preseason conditions are TJ watt and the starters play otherwise bacarty riots and beats everyone up 

Archived