EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Matt Leo is awful. Howie should really be held accountable for that one. What a waste of resources. 

Actually he apparently is a good PS player filling a role on the scout team. 

20 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I still think the Eagles poach a QB from another roster. If Hurts or Minshew got hurt we’d have zero depth. 

Most teams don't even have a serviceable back-up QB. I highly doubt the FO is going to want to be three deep at position, or sign anyone that is a decent back-up wants to be third.

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Or maybe whomever Indy cuts — Coan or Ehlinger. 

Yep. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lanes going two weeks early 

Must have made the 53 man roster. 

23 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I still think the Eagles poach a QB from another roster. If Hurts or Minshew got hurt we’d have zero depth. 

True, but that depth can be on the Practice Squad.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I was always out on Dean as a first round prospect but thought he was pretty good value in the third. I thought he had an ok game 1 but other than that he’s been disappointing. He can always improve but my concern is he always was considered "the smartest guy on the field in college”, so it might be harder for a guy like him who might just be tapped physically. He’s like a bizarro Davion Taylor in a way.

In hindsight, I’d rather haven taken Willis. 

I was in the same boat, didn't like Dean in the first at all, thought he was good value in the 3rd.

Same reasons I didn't like him in the 1st, small, can't get off blocks, has been his downfall in pre season. Hopefully he can get better, he looked really good game 1 then last two games had gotten hammered.

Any talk of him supplanting Edwards for the green dot have been put to bed for now.

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Actually he apparently is a good PS player filling a role on the scout team. 

If he is on the PS does the International Player exemption carry over?

2 minutes ago, AngryBird said:

Most teams don't even have a serviceable back-up QB. I highly doubt the FO is going to want to be three deep at position, or sign anyone that is a decent back-up wants to be third.

Eagles love to churn the bottom of the roster at QB though.I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved on from Sinnett to some other random guy.

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Maybe they bring him in, RB is a definite need at this point especially with Sanders always hurt 

Just now, mattwill said:

If he is on the PS does the International Player exemption carry over?

Yes he just can’t be activated at any point in time. He’s strictly PS only. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles love to churn the bottom of the roster at QB though.I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved on from Sinnett to some other random guy.

Yeah I can definitely see them moving on from Sinnett, but the poster I quoted made it sound like they were going to find a guy like Andy Dalton who signs on to be third, or Mason Rudolph. A name like that ain't happening.

14 minutes ago, mattwill said:

True, but that depth can be on the Practice Squad.

How many teams would be happy with their #3 starting anyway? No one has that kind of QB depth.

12 minutes ago, AngryBird said:

Yeah I can definitely see them moving on from Sinnett, but the poster I quoted made it sound like they were going to find a guy like Andy Dalton who signs on to be third, or Mason Rudolph. A name like that ain't happening.

Yep, agreed there. Best you can hope for is a marginal upgrade over what they have. Also pretty sure there isn’t a team out there that’s not going to be significantly hampered if they have to start their 3rd stringer. 

Well…the Hurts humpers were right about one thing; Carson Strong is going to win himself a Nasty Nate award.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Well…the Hurts humpers were right about one thing; Carson Strong is going to win himself a Nasty Nate award.

I think we have to rename or rethink the Nasty Nate.

It was easier for fans to have a Nasty Nate when we could go see the players and the players legendary status would grow through the fan experience.

Now we rely on the Philly beat.  We need something like a Beat Beast or something else.  There's no connection with them so it's gotta change.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Also please I want to see "Eaglephan1986” in green. Thanks. 

Eaglephan1986

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don’t know how you win that by not playing.  I think Covey or someone else deserves it.  

Yep, I think it’s Covey

16 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Eaglephan1986

you're a pig

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Or maybe whomever Indy cuts — Coan or Ehlinger. 

During the Colts preseason game I listened to, their color analyst felt Ehlinger had a real chance to beat out Foles for their backup QB spot.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

During the Colts preseason game I listened to, their color analyst felt Ehlinger had a real chance to beat out Foles for their backup QB spot.

Imagine the Eagles bringing him back..

45 minutes ago, AngryBird said:

If I were making the decisions Strong would be brought back onto the PS and Sinnett would simply be released outright.  He got a lot of preseason work and showed nothing other than one deep throw to Allen.

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Interesting. Maybe they keep both young QBs. 

The Eagles got a good look at Cleveland’s roster and a halfway decent look at Miami’s. I wonder if we could work some sort of trade for their fringe roster guys that Miami/Cleveland don’t see making it through waivers to the PS. 

We sniped Cleveland for Marvin Wilson last year, with the Browns hoping to sign him to their PS. Bpacc has talked a bunch about wanting one of their safeties. Maybe the Browns saw a much-improved Wilson and would like to get him back? They lost their starting center, maybe they like Jack Anderson as a versatile backup/end of the roster player. 

Archived