Playstation 5

opengeo

16 hours ago, Mat said:

Use your Xbox instead 

Psh I sold that paperweight 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 4:12 PM, Agent23 said:

Updated the other controller. PS5 turned itself randomly on twice since then. Back to having it unplugged. 

Drain the battery on both controllers to rule them out. If it turns out to be a bad controller, it's a much easier warranty replacement than packing up a console and shipping it to Sony.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up returnal. Looks awesome. Hesitated a bit for the 70 price tag but that's gonna be the norm. 

4 hours ago, Machine said:

Picked up returnal. Looks awesome. Hesitated a bit for the 70 price tag but that's gonna be the norm. 

the lack in price change has created a real mental block. I vivdly recall paying $75 for goldeneye back in the mid-90s, but otherwise everything was $50 and then $60 from 2005 (360, though I didn't own... and PS5 a year later in 2006) on until the new gen. 

$10 increase over 15 years is minor. Hell, I remember when a Whopper meal or a footlong subway combo with chips and a drink were like $5 total. The first probably costs you about $9.50 now and the subway one will be damn near $15

Sony considering a redesign already? Hopefully the next one comes in black 

16 hours ago, devpool said:

Sony considering a redesign already? Hopefully the next one comes in black 

Just internals. I think the liquid silicone they use to keep processors or something cooled (to dissipate heat?) is challenging to come buy in the volumes they need. My understanding is the exterior design would remain unchanged. 

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Just internals. I think the liquid silicone they use to keep processors or something cooled (to dissipate heat?) is challenging to come buy in the volumes they need. My understanding is the exterior design would remain unchanged. 

Booooooooo:thumbdown: 

On 4/30/2021 at 5:11 AM, Machine said:

How is this game?

I took the batteries out of my PS5 remote (the one used for changing channels and volume) and my PS5 no longer turns itself on anymore. I think I read somewhere online that the remote could be causing it (gentle bumping could activate the bluetooth). 

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I took the batteries out of my PS5 remote (the one used for changing channels and volume) and my PS5 no longer turns itself on anymore. I think I read somewhere online that the remote could be causing it (gentle bumping could activate the bluetooth). 

Finally!

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Finally!

I love not randomly hearing the soothing PS5 music through my walls anymore lmao

• Haha 1

Both the PS5 and PS4 was turning on by itself because it was still connected to the tv. Had to unplug the PS4 because I woke up with the PS4 on. PS5. I put the PS5 in rest mode because I started Godfall and it only does auto saves but I don’t think I reached a checkpoint. Thankfully it was still in rest mode when I woke up

I need to find a good external HD

On 5/11/2021 at 2:06 PM, opengeo said:

How is this game?

Hard lol. But also pretty cool heard they're working on a save system

My PS5 turns on by itself if I select it's input or if the tv is left on that input and I turn it on. Instant ps5. Accidentally bump controller? Ps5 turns on. TV switches

10 hours ago, Machine said:

My PS5 turns on by itself if I select it's input or if the tv is left on that input and I turn it on. Instant ps5. Accidentally bump controller? Ps5 turns on. TV switches

i usually always switch to DirecTV or another app on my tv after i shut the PS5 down/rest... but about 1/4 to 1/3 of the time when i start the tv (almost always by hitting the "ON" button the on the DirecTV Mini remote), the PS5 will also boot.

20 hours ago, Machine said:

My PS4 and PS5 kept turning on by themselves whenever I'd turn on the tv and didn't immediately select a source that wasn't what the PS5 or PS4 was using. Had to unplug the PS4. PS5 hasn't done it since I've done that though

I have come to the conclusion that outside of sports games, I am terrible at games in general. Shooters? I cant hit the broad side of a barn... sigh... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

I have come to the conclusion that outside of sports games, I am terrible at games in general. Shooters? I cant hit the broad side of a barn... sigh... 

What "shooters” have you played? I hate any of those FPS fratbro things like COD, battlefield, halo, etc., but enjoy "shooting” games like Uncharted, Last of Us, Days Gone, etc

39 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

What "shooters” have you played? I hate any of those FPS fratbro things like COD, battlefield, halo, etc., but enjoy "shooting” games like Uncharted, Last of Us, Days Gone, etc

I honestly didnt know there was a difference. I tried Battlefield V last night.......... I suck bad.  I have heard good things about Days Gone. How's it different?? 

10 minutes ago, What The F said:

I honestly didnt know there was a difference. I tried Battlefield V last night.......... I suck bad.  I have heard good things about Days Gone. How's it different?? 

What I would consider "shooters”, aka the call of duty, battlefield, destiny, halos of the world... they are 100% geared towards online multiplayer and the only reason they have a "campaign” is because nobody has the balls to come out and release a purely multiplayer-only game. 

days gone is what I call action-adventure, where there are a lot of shooting elements, but the games are more of interactive story-telling with hours and hours of motion captured actors doing full scale performances that are transferred digitally into the game. They also have a lot of optional exploring and open world quests for people who like to break up the scripted portions of the game or just have some added "escapism” to be immersed into a different world. 

Don't listen to agent, last year's COD had one of the better single player campaigns of the genre. They recreated benghazi, the assault on UBL's compound in abottabad, a tight narrative, good action and set pieces, etc. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:00 PM, What The F said:

Battlefield is geared more towards team play IMO. Call of duty has always been about just going solo IMO. Certainly you can do the opposite in those and do great but I think you get more success those ways

• Like 1