Playstation 5

opengeo

Playing Days Gone on PS5. Recently met some black dude that is former military. Feels like I’m opening a new section of the game. Been on a loading screen with progress bar for a solid 5 mins now (and still counting…). First time I’ve had any legit loading time using PS5 and now it’s starting to worry me as the progress bar was moving but now it’s just been sitting full at the end 

image.jpg

Closed game. Re-started. All good 

20 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Playing Days Gone on PS5. Recently met some black dude that is former military. Feels like I’m opening a new section of the game. Been on a loading screen with progress bar for a solid 5 mins now (and still counting…). First time I’ve had any legit loading time using PS5 and now it’s starting to worry me as the progress bar was moving but now it’s just been sitting full at the end 

image.jpg

The only game that took a bit of time for me was last of us 2. The initial load takes a bit of time. 

On 5/24/2021 at 7:08 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

The only game that took a bit of time for me was last of us 2. The initial load takes a bit of time. 

I think it just hung up. I closed game, re-launched and re-loaded game, showed the same screen above again for about 5-10 seconds, and immediately jumped to the gameplay/dialog section that the previous load screen was preventing me from getting to. So I still haven't witnessed what a true load mad load time for ps5 is

Listed my PS4 Pro on FB Marketplace and the only dude that showed interest in the first couple days had his FB name set as "Cashin Out" and had a ton of profile pics with his sweet gold grill in his mouth. So when he originally offered $300 (I was listed at $375... Game Stop is selling for $390 used, mine had a 2TB hard drive upgrade and 2nd controller), I said no and I was going to wait to see if someone would offer asking price. He then countered with "$340 cash now, best I can do" and kept messaging me (not rude at least) and I just ignored them and posted to eBay. Was browsing ads when he was messaging me and saw quite a few in the mid 300s are so and I don't have to worry about getting robbed or shot lmao

So posted, not much action (was siting at $255 for a while, which after eBay fees basically means I walk away with the $200 GameStop pays, but also getting the same amount for a lot more effort... so was going to have a friend inflate the bid if needed. Completely forgot about it until getting a notification that my auction ended and buyer paid 😓

Luckily, purchase price was like $335ish, so I should walk away with a little under $300 after those clowns grape me for their cut, so not too bad. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Listed my PS4 Pro on FB Marketplace and the only dude that showed interest in the first couple days had his FB name set as "Cashin Out" and had a ton of profile pics with his sweet gold grill in his mouth. So when he originally offered $300 (I was listed at $375... Game Stop is selling for $390 used, mine had a 2TB hard drive upgrade and 2nd controller), I said no and I was going to wait to see if someone would offer asking price. He then countered with "$340 cash now, best I can do" and kept messaging me (not rude at least) and I just ignored them and posted to eBay. Was browsing ads when he was messaging me and saw quite a few in the mid 300s are so and I don't have to worry about getting robbed or shot lmao

So posted, not much action (was siting at $255 for a while, which after eBay fees basically means I walk away with the $200 GameStop pays, but also getting the same amount for a lot more effort... so was going to have a friend inflate the bid if needed. Completely forgot about it until getting a notification that my auction ended and buyer paid 😓

Luckily, purchase price was like $335ish, so I should walk away with a little under $300 after those clowns grape me for their cut, so not too bad. 

I sold my switch to a guy at work for 100 bucks. Yes I know I could of gotten way more but he had the cash on him right then and there and I had the system in my car so it was an effortless sale. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I sold my switch to a guy at work for 100 bucks. Yes I know I could of gotten way more but he had the cash on him right then and there and I had the system in my car so it was an effortless sale. 

I told a few people that if I knew them, sure, $200 bucks as the friends and family discount. But some rando? I'd rather get graped by gamestop or throw it in the dumpster than let some nobody have the satisfaction of feeling like they fleeced me. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I told a few people that if I knew them, sure, $200 bucks as the friends and family discount. But some rando? I'd rather get graped by gamestop or throw it in the dumpster than let some nobody have the satisfaction of feeling like they fleeced me. 

In all fairness he actually had no clue about any new game systems I've known him for a while last game system he had was a Nintendo 64. GameStop was only offering 140, so I rather sell it to this guy who was excited when I told him what he can play on it and he can play the classic games then sell it to GameStop for 40 bucks more so they can sell it for 250 like a bunch of crooks. Now he comes into work everyday telling me the games he has been playing and he is excited about it so it's worth it to give him a deal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, What The F said:

I have come to the conclusion that outside of sports games, I am terrible at games in general. Shooters? I cant hit the broad side of a barn... sigh... 

same...and i'm not even very good at sports games. :lol:   

my kid got me hooked on fallout 4 during covid & taught me how to play it. i've been playing the sheet out of it for about 9 months now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

F6137640-E3BB-420A-BF42-9C3E4550E07D.jpeg

Yo!! Where did you get those?

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yo!! Where did you get those?

Sony I think emailed about pre-orders though PlayStation Direct or whatever their direct sales channels are maybe a month or so ago. 

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Sony I think emailed about pre-orders though PlayStation Direct or whatever their direct sales channels are maybe a month or so ago. 

Hmm I must of missed that email. I actually don't mind the controller but I am thinking about spray painting the console plates. That I know I'm sick of looking at lol. 

So Godfall turned out to be not as good as I was hoping. Beat it pretty easily. I'm hoping their next update fixes a bunch of things so I can platinum it and move on

Ratchet and clank definitely looks like a next gen game. Graphics are incredible. Only took them 7 months to come out with a next gen title i can enjoy with my son. 

4 hours ago, opengeo said:

Ratchet and clank definitely looks like a next gen game. Graphics are incredible. Only took them 7 months to come out with a next gen title i can enjoy with my son. 

Was coming in here to post something very similar.  This feels like the first game I’ve played that is truly a next gen one.  I’m early on, but having a ton of fun.  I read a review somewhere that mentioned it feels like you’re playing inside a Pixar movie, and I think that’s pretty spot on.

• Like 1

they have a ps4 remake/remaster for Ratchet & Clank that I tried a couple months back and after a few hours I just kind of lost interest and didn't return. This might not be the franchise that benefits as much from "playing the previous titles" so once it goes on a sale I may give it a go. 

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

they have a ps4 remake/remaster for Ratchet & Clank that I tried a couple months back and after a few hours I just kind of lost interest and didn't return. This might not be the franchise that benefits as much from "playing the previous titles" so once it goes on a sale I may give it a go. 

Assuming we’re thinking of the same game, and I believe we are, I played that too and actually really enjoyed it.  I’d always heard of R&C, but had never actually played until then.  However, you’re exactly right that no real previous knowledge of the series is needed to play Rift Apart.  I definitely recommend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

What games actually look next gen on the PS5?

I truly haven’t played a ton, but I feel like the aforementioned Ratchet and Clank game looks and feels next gen - though it’s visuals are cartoony/ animated by design, so if it’s hardcore realism you’re hoping for you may disagree or be disappointed.  I thought Miles Morales looked really good, but since Spider-Man for the PS4 did as well and MM didn’t seem to be insanely different from that I don’t know that I can make a strong case for it being a true showcase for next gen looks either.  Great game, though.

• Like 1

The Mass Effect remaster is amazing. Still on the first one, but man...What an upgrade.

I'm also patiently awaiting some actual next gen games...I got AC Valhalla when it launched, but only played it for like 15ish hrs. It looks good, but not as good as I'd expect.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, jrsu37 said:

The Mass Effect remaster is amazing. Still on the first one, but man...What an upgrade.

I'm also patiently awaiting some actual next gen games...I got AC Valhalla when it launched, but only played it for like 15ish hrs. It looks good, but not as good as I'd expect.

You know... I’ve never actually played mass effect. Should i? What other game is it most like?

9 hours ago, opengeo said:

You know... I’ve never actually played mass effect. Should i? What other game is it most like?

It depends on your patience level honestly. Mass Effect 1 has horrible movement and combat. Like, truly horrible movement and combat. But the upgraded visuals are shocking since having played the original like 6mo ago. Also your choices carry over into the other games so I wanted to play through one again to have those choices carry over. 

Not sure what game to liken them to...If you're going to play one, you should definitely play two and three. The combat in two is vastly improved. Then it makes another jump in the third game. 3rd person cover based combat. These games are more about the story though. Kinda like Star Trek and Rambo mixed. Throughout the game you encounter diff situations, and you have to make decisions. Sometimes costing the lives of one, or thousands, of beings. Sometimes humans sometimes another alien race. These choices are held against you, or work in your favor. Like real life, it's usually not black and white. Usually. Don't want to spoil anything, but sometimes your choices even cost the lives of a crewmate...Or can cost you their friendship.

They're kinda like a videogame version of the ole choose your own adventure books is that makes sense. If you dig on some heavy storytelling, space, really pretty visual settings in space, you'll love it. If you prefer to run around FPS tea bagging people you'll hate it. They're sometimes very slow.

Also some pretty lame romance options...But if you play your cards right, you'll see some alien b00bz n butts 😮

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

It depends on your patience level honestly. Mass Effect 1 has horrible movement and combat. Like, truly horrible movement and combat. But the upgraded visuals are shocking since having played the original like 6mo ago. Also your choices carry over into the other games so I wanted to play through one again to have those choices carry over. 

Not sure what game to liken them to...If you're going to play one, you should definitely play two and three. The combat in two is vastly improved. Then it makes another jump in the third game. 3rd person cover based combat. These games are more about the story though. Kinda like Star Trek and Rambo mixed. Throughout the game you encounter diff situations, and you have to make decisions. Sometimes costing the lives of one, or thousands, of beings. Sometimes humans sometimes another alien race. These choices are held against you, or work in your favor. Like real life, it's usually not black and white. Usually. Don't want to spoil anything, but sometimes your choices even cost the lives of a crewmate...Or can cost you their friendship.

They're kinda like a videogame version of the ole choose your own adventure books is that makes sense. If you dig on some heavy storytelling, space, really pretty visual settings in space, you'll love it. If you prefer to run around FPS tea bagging people you'll hate it. They're sometimes very slow.

Also some pretty lame romance options...But if you play your cards right, you'll see some alien b00bz n butts 😮

^based on this, I'll make a comparison you'll love and 10000% be able to answer.

I LOVE all the Uncharted games. I think the first one is great. But EVERYONE goes on and on about how amazing the 2nd is, mainly because of gameplay/combat. So if we list UC1 gameplay/movement as a 5 and UC2 as a 10 (on a 1-to-10 scale, where you can go over a 10)... how would ME1 and ME2 compare to UC1 and UC2 using those 5/10 scores as comparative baselines. 

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

^based on this, I'll make a comparison you'll love and 10000% be able to answer.

I LOVE all the Uncharted games. I think the first one is great. But EVERYONE goes on and on about how amazing the 2nd is, mainly because of gameplay/combat. So if we list UC1 gameplay/movement as a 5 and UC2 as a 10 (on a 1-to-10 scale, where you can go over a 10)... how would ME1 and ME2 compare to UC1 and UC2 using those 5/10 scores as comparative baselines. 

Very comparable...Graphically and gameplay wise to the leap in Uncharted games from 1 to 2. I'd say ME1 to ME2 is a bigger jump honestly. ME1 movement and combat is soooooooooo bad lol. 

From memory my biggest awe from UC2 was the water assets and the lighting. It was just Fin amazing.