Playstation 5

opengeo

7 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

didn't even realize it wasn't a PSN voucher (even if still single-use for a game) until the comment on here pointed out the oddity that it was a physical copy.

I basically just scanned over your post about getting the game. The #5 step just happened to catch my eye when it said 2-4 weeks for delivery....... I was like why the eff would it take 2-4 weeks for a digital game? Then I was like " oh" lol.

Also noticed another thing it does say to "put your code in after you you chose your game or games" so you might have to spend it all but, looks like you can get that money off of multiple purchases. 

I actually said the hell with it last night and got ratchet and clank with the money I had in my wallet. 

I enjoy rachet and clank but, it's kinda the same sheet with some next gen elements added here and there. I still can't get over the no load times aspect of these games. 

You suns a beeches buy multiple ps5s and I can't even get 1 lol... I'm just about ready to say screw it and buy a pre built pc with a 3080... I would rather build from scratch but gpus are impossible to find at a reasonable price as well...

36 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

You suns a beeches buy multiple ps5s and I can't even get 1 lol... I'm just about ready to say screw it and buy a pre built pc with a 3080... I would rather build from scratch but gpus are impossible to find at a reasonable price as well...

That was just agent and I think another. I spent like 9 hrs straight on best buy before I finally got through lol. I haven't cared about getting extras lol

1 hour ago, Aspiritfall said:

Bruh you want me to holler if I get another?

59 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That was just agent and I think another. I spent like 9 hrs straight on best buy before I finally got through lol. I haven't cared about getting extras lol

I spent a ton of time online the night of the secret day early pre-order launch. Then got lucky about a week later when I think Walmart added pre-orders. Then Sony has invited me direct to scheduled queues twice now. So 2 that took zero effort (just remembering the date and time to sign in) and 2 that took millions of webpage refreshes 

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I basically just scanned over your post about getting the game. The #5 step just happened to catch my eye when it said 2-4 weeks for delivery....... I was like why the eff would it take 2-4 weeks for a digital game? Then I was like " oh" lol.

Also noticed another thing it does say to "put your code in after you you chose your game or games" so you might have to spend it all but, looks like you can get that money off of multiple purchases. 

I actually said the hell with it last night and got ratchet and clank with the money I had in my wallet. 

I enjoy rachet and clank but, it's kinda the same sheet with some next gen elements added here and there. I still can't get over the no load times aspect of these games. 

Still confuses me the website only lists games in terms of Sony Rewards Points, not dollar amounts. Yet it advertises the credit card bonus as a dollar figure 

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I spent a ton of time online the night of the secret day early pre-order launch. Then got lucky about a week later when I think Walmart added pre-orders. Then Sony has invited me direct to scheduled queues twice now. So 2 that took zero effort (just remembering the date and time to sign in) and 2 that took millions of webpage refreshes 

Yes but, didn't you get at least 2 that night? Either way you one the console wars all on your own without being a bot

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Still confuses me the website only lists games in terms of Sony Rewards Points, not dollar amounts. Yet it advertises the credit card bonus as a dollar figure 

I guess it depends on how many points a game is.... I know that's a no sheet kind of statement but, you are confusing me now too lol

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes but, didn't you get at least 2 that night? Either way you one the console wars all on your own without being a bot

Just one. some $850ish GameStop bundle that included 2nd controller, $60 PS+ for a year (my account was already paid through like 2024), I think the lame version of miles morales (no PS4 Spider man upgrade on PS5), and destruction all stars (later switched to a free download and "removed” from bundle price). 

basically the second controller was the only add-on item I would have bought so thankfully another guy took that off my hands. The other 2 consoles I secured pre-orders for before launch happened at least a week or so later 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I guess it depends on how many points a game is.... I know that's a no sheet kind of statement but, you are confusing me now too lol

The website was showing most "new” games as 6999 points, so basically add a decimal point between the 2nd and 3rd numbers for every game in the list and that seemed to match with what the current retail prices on then would be. So that $75 code likely would result in 7500 points… but it’s so strangely worded that the voucher is only for one game and only UP TO $75, that if I bought something like the original last of us (1999pts) I would likely lose the "remaining” 5500pts, and if I tried buying one of those expensive collectors editions got like 9999 points, I don’t think it would apply 7500pts and allow me to pay the $25 difference 

I just hope i interpreted the 180 days correctly since games releasing this fall don’t show yet in that rewards store as a "pre-order” so I’ll want to wait until something more appealing comes along 

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Just one. some $850ish GameStop bundle that included 2nd controller, $60 PS+ for a year (my account was already paid through like 2024), I think the lame version of miles morales (no PS4 Spider man upgrade on PS5), and destruction all stars (later switched to a free download and "removed” from bundle price). 

Oh that's right I remember you getting stuck with that stupid bundle. It was one of the others then, I think "we gotta believe. "

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I would likely lose the "remaining” 5500pts, and if I tried buying one of those expensive collectors editions got like 9999 points, I don’t think it would apply 7500pts and allow me to pay the $25 difference 

At the end of your screen shot it says after your purchase of " game (s)" that's why i assumed you could get more then one. However, if it goes over the 75 then I guess you are screwed anyways. 

21 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh that's right I remember you getting stuck with that stupid bundle. It was one of the others then, I think "we gotta believe. "

At the end of your screen shot it says after your purchase of " game (s)" that's why i assumed you could get more then one. However, if it goes over the 75 then I guess you are screwed anyways. 

I looked up returnal, ratchet, and RE8 on there today… all three were listed as SOLD OUT :roll: 

so I couldn’t even "buy” one of the only three titles worth getting even if I chose to use my voucher now 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I looked up returnal, ratchet, and RE8 on there today… all three were listed as SOLD OUT :roll: 

so I couldn’t even "buy” one of the only three titles worth getting even if I chose to use my voucher now 

How are they possibly sold out?? They are gonna force you to get something stupid!

On 7/15/2021 at 12:09 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I had to buy one of the gamestop bundles too, which I kept for myself and then gave the Amazon one to my brother since my nephew wanted one for xmas. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I had to buy one of the gamestop bundles too, which I kept for myself and then gave the Amazon one to my brother since my nephew wanted one for xmas. 

I thought you might of been the one that got 2 that night. 

I got my PS5 in early April...  I have played it mayyyyyyyyyybe 2 hrs. Just dont have the time. =/

6 hours ago, What The F said:

I got my PS5 in early April...  I have played it mayyyyyyyyyybe 2 hrs. Just dont have the time. =/

I have played much more PS4 games than I did (sans FF7 remake) on the PS4 Pro in the same span of time (8ish months with the PS5). I love infinite Fast Travel with effectively zero load times. 

On 7/14/2021 at 11:41 PM, Agent23 said:

It's cool I appreciate the offer but it's really not a huge deal... If you ever see them available if you want to shoot me a message that would be cool 

• Like 1

Why everyone crying they can’t get these? 

Seems like they making plenty available (historically speaking) 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:19 PM, Agent23 said:

Why everyone crying they can’t get these? 

Seems like they making plenty available (historically speaking) 

There are plenty available.........if you dont mind paying $800, $900 or more for one.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:41 AM, 315Eagles said:

There are plenty available.........if you dont mind paying $800, $900 or more for one.

I do... F all the people hording them I hope they lose money 

3 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

I do... F all the people hording them I hope they lose money 

Why cant they just sell them in stores?  1 per customer.  Is it really that difficult?

2 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Why cant they just sell them in stores?  1 per customer.  Is it really that difficult?

Do you really want to wait in lines at Walmart for hours on end during a pandemic ( mostly during launch)? Cause I wouldn't, if they didn't sell them online I wouldn't of bought one. Not so much because of the virus but, no way in hell I'm spending hours standing in line 

38 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Do you really want to wait in lines at Walmart for hours on end during a pandemic ( mostly during launch)? Cause I wouldn't, if they didn't sell them online I wouldn't of bought one. Not so much because of the virus but, no way in hell I'm spending hours standing in line 

I wouldn't go wait in line when it was first released.  But after awhile of them being sold in stores then you probably wouldn't have long lines and long waits.  But they choose to mostly sell them strictly online.

Just now, 315Eagles said:

I wouldn't go wait in line when it was first released.  But after awhile of them being sold in stores then you probably wouldn't have long lines and long waits.  But they choose to mostly sell them strictly online.

Ahh ok I got you. Meh I still wouldn't go to the store lol. Only cause I hate stores and people lol.

I agree though after the initial launch they should make more shopper friendly and offer the majority at the stores. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ahh ok I got you. Meh I still wouldn't go to the store lol. Only cause I hate stores and people lol.

I agree though after the initial launch they should make more shopper friendly and offer the majority at the stores. 

I actually saw 2 different stores this past weekend with Xbox Series S in stock.  First time I seen one of the new consoles in an actual store.  Although I have no interest in that system anyway.  Just the Series X and PS5.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:33 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Now Best Buy had it where based on your IP, or entered zip, you could only order for pickup to a store close to you...I believe you could set the radius also. That made it where only people who were picking up their PS5 could purchase, and I believe it's one per name/account. 

That is the best way to do it as I've seen...PS Direct was good also, but not as practical in helping to avoid hoarding.