Playstation 5

opengeo

6 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Very comparable...Graphically and gameplay wise to the leap in Uncharted games from 1 to 2. I'd say ME1 to ME2 is a bigger jump honestly. ME1 movement and combat is soooooooooo bad lol. 

From memory my biggest awe from UC2 was the water assets and the lighting. It was just Fin amazing.

I think the crouch/stealth mechanics are the biggest gameplay addition from UC1 to UC2, but I have replayed UC1 probably 3-4 times since UC2 came out and I just recall vastly enjoying it every time. 

33 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I think the crouch/stealth mechanics are the biggest gameplay addition from UC1 to UC2, but I have replayed UC1 probably 3-4 times since UC2 came out and I just recall vastly enjoying it every time. 

All of the Uncharted games are just amazing. I play through each in order every now and then. Shiiiiiiiii may start those again after I fin Mass Effect trilogy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

All of the Uncharted games are just amazing. I play through each in order every now and then. Shiiiiiiiii may start those again after I fin Mass Effect trilogy.

Elena. :wub: #iwillneverforget

• Like 1

11 hours ago, opengeo said:

Elena. :wub: #iwillneverforget

Haha, she definitely was memorable.

I think the ME to ME2 and UC to UC2 comparisons made by jrsu are pretty solid.  I loved both of the first games of those series, though.  The sequels were definitely improved, but I recall thinking at the time that sometimes the accolades rained down on them threw a little too much shade the originals’ way.  It’s quite possible I’d feel a bit differently about that now if I were to go back and play, though.  

• Like 1

The same PlayStation account that emailed me a link to get in line (back when PS5 pre-orders were starting) that got me my day 1 console also just emailed me about another virtual queue tomorrow. 

so I’m planning on jumping in that is someone is still struggling to find one and needs a connect 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 7:17 PM, Agent23 said:

@jrsu37 I got some new spending power today 

995FC11C-E4AF-420A-8941-6895676A5EC4.jpeg

Lol I Fin want one now.

33 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Lol I Fin want one now.

$50 PSN code emailed to me about a week after I received the card (offering a $50 after your first purchase promo). That I got over the weekend and added to my account. 

Then looks like it also has a free $75 game if you spend $500 outside of PlayStation in your first 60 days. 

175D5E98-DA49-4974-9568-384CC3D59CE1.jpeg

5D8EA626-2549-45E0-970D-E72047B841C0.jpeg

• Like 1

@jrsu37 my 2nd PS5 console that I'm shipping to Chicago (Highland Park) is set to arrive today. I can't recall if this is the 4th or 5th console I bought. I know there was one I had to cancel (I think a Series X) because of weird shipping issues, but I've managed to buy approx. 4 PS5 at cost and 3 Series consoles at cost. Not sure how the rest of the world be struggling so hard to get these things. 

21 hours ago, Agent23 said:

@jrsu37 my 2nd PS5 console that I'm shipping to Chicago (Highland Park) is set to arrive today. I can't recall if this is the 4th or 5th console I bought. I know there was one I had to cancel (I think a Series X) because of weird shipping issues, but I've managed to buy approx. 4 PS5 at cost and 3 Series consoles at cost. Not sure how the rest of the world be struggling so hard to get these things. 

Yeah I think it's just being on point with the restocks...I've bought 3 and didn't have a huge struggle pulling it off. Just gotta get in the que and chill.

Against better judgement, I bought black spray paint and I'm gonna spray my plates on the PS5. Hopefully it turns out well

Not bad, I think..... Needs a touch up in the front. 

PXL_20210710_230031339.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not bad, I think..... Needs a touch up in the front. 

PXL_20210710_230031339.jpg

This looks infinitely better, I can't imagine why they went with white at launch. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, devpool said:

This looks infinitely better, I can't imagine why they went with white at launch. 

5 dollar can of spray paint, problem solved. It's kind of great you can only see the lights at night. 

10 hours ago, devpool said:

I mean Xbox has had white consoles for years and years and even made their Series S white. Now switch is dropping white consoles/controllers this fall. 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

5 dollar can of spray paint, problem solved. It's kind of great you can only see the lights at night. 

Can you still make out all the mini symbols? I like the details in the console and the color surprisingly hasn’t bothered me. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I mean Xbox has had white consoles for years and years and even made their Series S white. Now switch is dropping white consoles/controllers this fall. 

Can you still make out all the mini symbols? I like the details in the console and the color surprisingly hasn’t bothered me. 

Yea that's xbox, they've had white consoles for a while. Every Playstation has been black after original PS and the white switch is years after release. I'm saying why would PS go away from their normal look at launch, make a white one later if they want it that badly. 

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Yes you can still see that stuff. I wasn't even bothered by the color to much but, wanted to give it a try. They will come out with other plates eventually and then I'll get others

• Like 1

4 hours ago, devpool said:

Yea that's xbox, they've had white consoles for a while. Every Playstation has been black after original PS and the white switch is years after release. I'm saying why would PS go away from their normal look at launch, make a white one later if they want it that badly. 

It wasn’t huge, but there were white PS4 consoles. Everyone on that trend now. Be glad they didn’t decide to use neon green 

On 7/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, jrsu37 said:

Lol I Fin want one now.

No idea what I want but sounds like I got 6 months to make a decision

E13A7881-3369-4BCB-B7A4-BB5AC12B6CC4.jpeg

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

No idea what I want but sounds like I got 6 months to make a decision

E13A7881-3369-4BCB-B7A4-BB5AC12B6CC4.jpeg

Weird that it's a physical copy of a game

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Weird that it's a physical copy of a game

Agreed. The other signup bonus (literally make ANY purchase with your card) was $50 PSN money. 

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Agreed. The other signup bonus (literally make ANY purchase with your card) was $50 PSN money. 

Well at least it's enough to cover you on any new games. Can you split it? Or do you have to spend it all on a single purchase?

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well at least it's enough to cover you on any new games. Can you split it? Or do you have to spend it all on a single purchase?

The $50 PSN just adds to your e-wallet so can spend however. This $75-equivalent voucher for the PlayStation rewards store looks like a single use code, that can only be used on a single item (which looks like game only), and the damn rewards store lists everything in "points”, not "dollars”, so it’s kind of like wtf?!?

14 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

The $50 PSN just adds to your e-wallet so can spend however. This $75-equivalent voucher for the PlayStation rewards store looks like a single use code, that can only be used on a single item (which looks like game only), and the damn rewards store lists everything in "points”, not "dollars”, so it’s kind of like wtf?!?

That is the ghey, maybe you would of been better off getting the 50 bucks. I have 60 bucks in my e wallet. Nothing has tickled my fancy yet. 

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That is the ghey, maybe you would of been better off getting the 50 bucks. I have 60 bucks in my e wallet. Nothing has tickled my fancy yet. 

I didn't even realize it wasn't a PSN voucher (even if still single-use for a game) until the comment on here pointed out the oddity that it was a physical copy. I was checking everything out through my phone but will have to try on the computer to see how things differ. I know Ratchet & Clank has been praised for being the "next gen" title but I got bored with the PS4 version after 3ish hours playing and never went back so I don't have anything driving me to want to play the new game. The only other new title recently is Returnal and it sounds like a sci-fi version of Demon's Souls and not trying to get my sheet pushed in at the moment