EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RLC said:

SF, even with Purdy, is a legitimate contender. They're just so well coached.

nope. By the time the playoffs come there will be enough film on him and teams will exploit the inexperienced rookie. 

On 3rd and 3, Seattle dropped 8 men into coverage, and didn't press, easy completion for a 1st down. Will never understand why teams do this, especially against QBs with weak arms.

34 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I've often wondered which poster will be most annoyed when the Eagles hand hurts his 250 million check after this season. You are currently the front runner. 

I thought he doesn't get an extension until after next season?

Depending on how he does in the playoffs would determine if I'm a front runner

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought he doesn't get an extension until after next season?

Depending on how he does in the playoffs would determine if I'm a front runner

Wouldn't extend him this offseason unless the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

They do that. Then you back up the Brinks truck.

I can’t fathom any scenario where Mr. Irrelevant doesn’t fall flat in his face eventually, but in ~7 quarters he’s been stellar

Just now, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I can’t fathom any scenario where Mr. Irrelevant doesn’t fall flat in his face eventually, but in ~7 quarters he’s been stellar

He was a baller at Iowa State. He lucked out to be drafted by the Niners. Shanahan is great with game managers.

1 minute ago, Iggles25 said:

Wouldn't extend him this offseason unless the Eagles win the Super Bowl.

You may want to mentally prepare yourself for this not being true at all. 

4 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

You may want to mentally prepare yourself for this not being true at all. 

Just my opinion. I won't lose any sleep over other people's money.

Big Hurts fan. Having him cheap for another year keeps the window open financially if they don't get it done this year.

The NFC is theirs to lose. Should be playing in February this year.

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

This is the Geno Smith that we're used to seeing.

The Seahawks in general have been trending in the wrong direction the past couple weeks. They’ve lost 3 of 4 and the one game they won was a come from behind win against the rams with wolford. 

Wait they tried to draw them off, got the flag and then still decided to punt? What were they hoping for, a free play?

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Seahawks in general have been trending in the wrong direction the past couple weeks. They’ve lost 3 of 4 and the one game they won was a come from behind win against the rams with wolford. 

The defense has regressed big time. 

Kyle Shanahan has punted on 4th and 2 on the other side of the 50 and 4th and 1 from his 35. If he does that against us, we're going to beat them.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That’s an all-time stupid penalty. 

But 9ers wouldn’t go for a 4th and 2… who’s calling the game Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan is a ****. They should’ve gone for it on 4th and 2 where they were on the field. That punt netted 17. I get he has a great defense but your offense looked fantastic the first drive and cmc can easily get that against this Seahawks run defense  

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Wait they tried to draw them off, got the flag and then still decided to punt? What were they hoping for, a free play?

The defense has regressed big time. 

Not only that the punt netted just 17 yards. Better off going for it. I  get their defense is great but your offense wasn’t stopped the first drive and cmc and their run game can easily get 2 yards on seattle  

The talk about the Eagles "not getting enoug respect” is a forced narrative and made up talking point that simply isn’t true. Just in the last week or so alone I’ve heard all 4 major networks do segments on the Eagles that called them the best team in football and a couple basically asked "just how do you beat this team???” This is just insecure Philly sports fans being whiny with their inferiority complex.

However, there can be a case that Sirianni doesn’t get enough respect. He’s achieving just as much, if not more then Sean McVay did his first two years in the league and Sean McVay was drooled over constantly on every network. Sirianni deserves that kinda love. And the only reason he doesn’t is because he doesn’t have McVay’s Peloton model haircut and a prep school smile.

Real danger that Purdy is better than Jimmy G.

Hopefully they do something stupid like benching him once Jimmy is healthy for the playoffs.  

Archived