EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I feel much better with how we match up against the Niners than I did a month ago. We have the horses upfront to get Jimmy G and Purdy in some tough third downs. 

Shanny is a problem though. 

I don’t. Out of all the NFC teams they are best equipped to neutralize our offense. Eagles should still be favored but I’d expect it to be a tough, beat ‘em up, drag it out type of game.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s the type of play our D will need to beat, pitch plays and jet sweeps; otherwise the passing matchups they can get on TJ. Perdy seems to be a short-pass inside the numbers guy, Epps should be hurting people and CGJ looking for some errant throws as his accuracy/zip isn’t the best.

I believe the Eagles' offense can win a playoff game with a terrible defensive performance. The 49ers D is absolutely good enough to beat any playoff team with an offensive no-show.

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

I believe the Eagles' offense can win a playoff game with a terrible defensive performance. The 49ers D is absolutely good enough to beat anyone playoff team with an offensive no-show.

I’m not sure you have to worry about SF D not showing up until later in the postseason. I think a concern with San Francisco has to be if the league begins to figure out Purdy and the offense starts struggling to the point where the defense is playing more and more snaps. It could eventually wear down their defense and they aren’t nearly as effective deeper in the postseason. 

16 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I think you have to pay Hurts this offseason. Yes, they already know what the TV deals are going to do but Sunday Ticket is another huge piece that is about to fall. If everyone has access to Sunday Ticket it’s going to really raise the cap in the coming years. You want to get out in front of that with Hurt’s contract.

Nah for the teams sake you delay that spend and derisk the financial commitment

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Seahawks defense is really bad

SF plays WAS next week - I don’t think they can just hand it off to CMC and win that.

2 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Seahawks defense is really bad

Their defense all year has been down or up depending on the part of the season. First 5 games they were awful. They were giving up 29.4. Gave up 32 to the saints. The next five games they were pretty solid as they gave up 17.4. Last 3 weeks (not including tonight) giving up 31. That middle 5 game stretches is because the only offense i think that is good is chargers. The other 4 were giants, cards twice and tampa. 

4 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

SF plays WAS next week - I don’t think they can just hand it off to CMC and win that.

I think Washington is capable of pulling off that upset. But they are gonna need mclaurin to have a big game and big plays in that game. Their defense also needs chase young in that game. He hasn’t played yet, he’s a difference maker in that type of game 

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Nah for the teams sake you delay that spend and derisk the financial commitment

You have multiple QBs who are about to get extended and the Sunday Ticket increasing money. If you’re not going to sign him this offseason then you trade him and bring in someone new while you have the resources. Because let’s say he does terrible next year and you do save the contract. Then you lose any resource you would have got out of a trade and we didn’t use the top 5 pick we have to replace him. Hurts will not go into next season on this team without a new contract. It would cost the team a fortune in either money or resources to wait.

36 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I am unconcerned what morons such as yourself think

handing hurts 250M means the team is uncompetitive for years

I guess you had better prepare yourself for the eagles to be uncompetitive for years then, because hurts is getting that money. 

33 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m actually surprised they haven’t gone kittle more in this game. The Seahawks are not very good at covering the tight end. 

There you go 

1 minute ago, Westbrook#36 said:

How the F is that roughing??

And you know there’s gonna be a BS one in the playoff that has a huge effect on a game 

I love Kirk Herbstreit, but his saying "Cross is holding up alright" against Bosa was wild considering on that drive he was getting workeddd.

Yeah, they have to fix those roughing penalties.  I understand wanting to protect QB's but they're going entirely too far. 

Not that it matters much tonight because Seattle just can't keep up with this team.  Bosa is singlehandedly destroying that offensive line.

Just now, Westbrook#36 said:

49ers getting jobbed by refs and still up 21-6. F you Seattle.

Probably better SF got called for the roughing the passer call. They get the td and go up 28-3 then you know shanahan has a flashback to that Super Bowl game 

Archived