EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

I feel much better with how we match up against the Niners than I did a month ago. We have the horses upfront to get Jimmy G and Purdy in some tough third downs. 

Shanny is a problem though. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RLC said:

Kyle Shanahan has punted on 4th and 2 on the other side of the 50 and 4th and 1 from his 35. If he does that against us, we're going to beat them.

Shanahan is way too conservative.

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

Kyle Shanahan has punted on 4th and 2 on the other side of the 50 and 4th and 1 from his 35. If he does that against us, we're going to beat them.

Yeah someone just earlier said they are a well coached team. 

They're not.  They're an obsolete team. 

Conservative coaching.  Game manager QB. All defense.

Not going anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I feel much better with how we match up against the Niners than I did a month ago. We have the horses upfront to get Jimmy G and Purdy in some tough third downs. 

Agreed. I do hope SF gets the #2 seed so we can avoid them as long as possible.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Shanahan is way too conservative.

Correct.  He's not made for the present day NFL. Especially in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Tbh i think shanahan plays way to conservative.  against the eagles offense who can hit you with big plays it can catch up to them. I think he needs to be more willing to take chances like that 4th and 2 with the defense he has. I think against offenses like the eagles and chiefs it’ll catch up to them. It did earlier this year in the chiefs game 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Shanny+CMC/Aiyuk/Samuel/Kittle+a good OL+ an elite D is a combo that is capable of beating most teams, regardless of their QB. They're certainly a threat

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  The fan base went from "no one likes us, we don’t care” to being a bunch of crybabies.  Fing A.  

An ongoing meltdown on social media right now because Eagles fans are pissed Chris Simms said Hurts wouldn’t be his pick for MVP

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

Shanny+CMC/Aiyuk/Samuel/Kittle+a good OL+ an elite D is a combo that is capable of beating most teams, regardless of their QB. They're certainly a threat

To who? Not us. 

Just now, Sack that QB said:

An ongoing meltdown on social media right now because Eagles fans are pissed Chris Simms said Hurts wouldn’t be his pick for MVP

Guess he is already labeled a racist.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh i think shanahan plays way to conservative.  against the eagles offense who can hit you with big plays it can catch up to them. I think he needs to be more willing to take chances like that 4th and 2 with the defense he has. I think against offenses like the eagles and chiefs it’ll catch up to them. It did earlier this year in the chiefs game 

The conservativeness is a problem for sure. He definitely caps his upside by coaching scared in big spots. He could learn something from McDaniels. 

But he can scheme it up perfectly and make linebackers look awful. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

To who? Not us. 

Guess he is already labeled a racist.

Oh that happened last year when he said he’d take Daniel Jones ahead of Hurts.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

To who? Not us. 

Our only loss this year was to a team who had a conservative offensive game-plan who happened to play good D. I'm not saying they're a better team but they can absolutely upset higher seeded teams with that combo given their weapons.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Correct.  He's not made for the present day NFL. Especially in the playoffs.

I'm a pretty big Shanahan fan though. There aren't many offensive coaches better. He does have some weaknesses though.

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I've often wondered which poster will be most annoyed when the Eagles hand hurts his 250 million check after this season. You are currently the front runner. 

I am unconcerned what morons such as yourself think

handing hurts 250M means the team is uncompetitive for years

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

I am unconcerned what morons such as yourself think

handing hurts 250M means the team is uncompetitive for years

I think you have to pay Hurts this offseason. Yes, they already know what the TV deals are going to do but Sunday Ticket is another huge piece that is about to fall. If everyone has access to Sunday Ticket it’s going to really raise the cap in the coming years. You want to get out in front of that with Hurt’s contract.

10 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The conservativeness is a problem for sure. He definitely caps his upside by coaching scared in big spots. He could learn something from McDaniels. 

But he can scheme it up perfectly and make linebackers look awful. 

True. I think what is gonna catch up to them deeper on the playoffs when they have teams that can score and play good defense that deebo isn’t 100%. I don’t see deebo getting back to 100% this year with both an mcl sprain and a high ankle sprain. Kind of also think purdy is gonna have more and more film on him and go through some growing pains at some point 

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

To who? Not us. 

The 2007 Patriots…a team unquestionably better than the 2022 Eagles….lost in the SB to a pretty mediocre Giants team.

Come playoff time, any team is a threat.  Now, if the Eagles play their best game, the Chiefs are the only team that can hang if they play their best game (and possibly then some).

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

How is that not a roughing penalty? Just awful.

The issue with NFL officiating is the lack of consistency.

The Niners need to use Jordan Mason more. They’re going to kill CMC. 

No, no.  They should run CMC into the ground.  

Absolute insanity. This is why the 49ers are always losing guys to injury. They wear them down until they break.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m actually surprised they haven’t gone kittle more in this game. The Seahawks are not very good at covering the tight end. 

Purdy lucky there 

Archived