EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

23 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

If you didn’t pick and choose when analytics apply, the argument would never gain legs 

Meh.  Would have gained legs, because I generally find analytics to be overblown.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Was the Lions game close ??

Was the Washington loss close? After all the final score showed we lost by more than a touchdown?

I’m an Eagles fan through and through…

And Jerry Jones is my favorite person in the sport. Does that make me a bad person?

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Meh.  Would have gained legs, because I generally find analytics to be overblown.

Analytics helped us win a Super Bowl. I’d say they’re pretty great, and important!

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Analytics helped us win a Super Bowl. I’d say they’re pretty great, and important!

Overblown doesn't mean completely worthless.    It has its place.  I think that on occasions, it is elevated too much and it is relied upon more than it should be.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Overblown doesn't mean completely worthless.    It has its place.  I think that on occasions, it is elevated too much and it is relied upon more than it should be.

But where’s that line?

5 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

And Jerry Jones is my favorite person in the sport. Does that make me a bad person?

That Jane Slater is a sight for sore eyes.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

adapt-or.gif

6 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Who the F names their kid "Tad"?

Texas is fond of frogs, horned frogs, and tadpoles.  It really isn’t any different than Chip or Bud, or Skip

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Cox on Lox 

We should’ve put it on a bagel with a menorah. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We should’ve put it on a bagel with a menorah. 

You should do Cox on a rooster

21 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

That Jane Slater is a sight for sore eyes.

Any relation to A.C.?

What do you guys think of Zach Evans in the draft?

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's likely going to win MVP this year and predictably you have people here that are still against signing Hurts and keeping him as the QB.  

You are thinking narrowly, and with an abundance of bias.  If you broaden your thinking you will see that there is an investment of limited resources argument that has nothing … NOTHING .. to do with Hurts personally or Hurts’ performance.  The trade off that has been described many, many times is whether it is fiscally wise to tie up $40 million to $50 million a year in a single player, thereby hamstringing your available cap to pay other players. The argument goes on to point at the haul of Draft resources that Seattle sent to Denver in exchange for Russell Wilson.

the Achilles Heel of that "trade Hurts” argument is the downside risk that the Front Office fails to replace Hurts with a comparably good QB.  But that risk is not a guarantee, only a probability that is less than 100% … how much less is subject to debate.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

What a slam dunk this pick has turned into. With all the stuff working for us this season, he’s getting hella overshadowed

image.thumb.jpeg.61aa0e91b9afc252efc98f3827d2bf0c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.40ffd65b1c6d96b487dddea2a54c5f1a.jpeg

😵 @HazletonEagle we are playing Cody Whitehair and Michael Schofield this week. How will we ever stop Chicago’s running game?  

54 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Nonsense. Believing in analytics doesn’t mean you blindly believe in all analytics. 

BTW... I'm guessing, the line is drawn somewhere for you as well.   Maybe your line is 4 miles from the Arctic Circle though.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't know about the others but I'm hesitant because we were fooled recently and other QBs have played great in the regular season only to not play well in the playoffs

If he continues to play great in the playoffs then by all means give him the contract afterwards 

Who have we had recently that played well in the regular season but not play well in the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Who have we had recently that played well in the regular season but not play well in the playoffs?

Um, the former starting QB

Archived