EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Is that the same dude that called pederson the worst coach in football before Dougie P won a super bowl???

No that was Mike  

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

How the DE class looking?

Is one generational type player in, Will Anderson 

Then a few behind him 

And is a stud CB, Ringo, who is 6'2 and will probably run a 4.3

I have no idea where he's getting that cap money from. Overthecap has us at 16M while Spotrac has us at 4M. The discrepency is whether we want to carry over 2022 cap space (we will).

We also have a ton of defensive UFAs.

I'm not going to get overly excited after three games but some conclusions are warranted:

1) Hurts has taken a step up, he still has a way to go, focused on his primary too much on long throws where the WR was covered, got to recognize that and move to another target

2) The defense looks much better, Gannon is becoming more aggressive and they have LBs and safeties with the speed to shut down the underneath game

Still only three games, and I"m not crowning them NFC champs right now, but they're a legitimate 11-6 or so team and one of the top 3 or 4 in the conference.

Note they've done that with an extra 1st and 2nd rd pick the next two years, and Jurgens and Dean on the bench - that is, they're deep enough that top draft picks are depth, not desperation hopes for improvement.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b809b7d32b58aa9cad

A lot of that money will go to potentially re-signing Bradberry, CGJ, and Kyzir White. But there will be money to work with. Very awesome.

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

How the DE class looking?

It has Will Anderson Jr. who is the best DE/OLB prospect in living memory.

The other two, Andre Carter and Murphy are legit as well.

13 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

This is kind of reminding me of 2016. Started 3-0 looking unstoppable after 3 dominating wins but then came back down to Earth. 

However, this team has much better WRs and a better secondary. 

Better overall team. Also we didn’t have a lane impending suspension and then the rest of the oline got some guys banged up at one point where vaitai and seumalo were playing as rookies. 

15 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I think they’ll both earn extensions. Between them, Dean, Johnson, and Johnson I don’t think they’ll mess around with that room too much in the offseason. 3 of those guys are still on rookie deals. 

I'd like that but with 2 LB, both safeties and CB2 all UFA it's going to be tricky.  Like you said, they have Dean.  He's going to be counted on to replace either White or Edwards.  Edwards is the green dot LB so my guess is he's priority #1 for the LB.  White has been steady but I like him a lot.

I'd love for both Epps and CGJ to come back so we can have a safety tandem to grow together and keep some consistency.  I really think both of these guys are going to get extensions before the year is over.

Unfortunately, Bradberry is the odd man out.  I think we'll see more and more McPhearson as the year goes on so the Eagles feel comfortable with him bumping up to CB2 next year.  I noticed him a lot today. 

If they can bring back Epps, CGJ and Edwards while letting Bradberry and White cash in I would be happy with that.  Still 14 games+ to go so a lot could change but as of today that's what I think happens. Plus they have to address DE.

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I don't see anything in that video. Making up drama 

Mild back and forth.  Not quite the Jets sideline today. 

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

It has Will Anderson Jr. who is the best DE/OLB prospect in living memory.

The other two, Carter and Murphy are legit as well.

Carter is inside, along with Breese

14 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

This is kind of reminding me of 2016. Started 3-0 looking unstoppable after 3 dominating wins but then came back down to Earth. 

However, this team has much better WRs and a better secondary. 

So what about this team reminds of you of the 2016 team and makes you think they're going to come back down to earth?

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Carter is inside, along with Breese

There's two Carters in this draft lol.

I should have been more clear, Andre Carter from Army is the DE.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Tackling has been cleaned up too.  Some play call issues though.  

Inside the 5 they seem to stall a little.  They had issues with this last year too.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:22 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Only 6 weeks until The Eagles are 5-0 heading into the week 6 SNF match-up against the Cowboys and the nation is all caught up in Eagles, and more specifically Jalen Hurts, fever. The blog all full blown converters to bring Jalen Hurts believers by this point is all hyped to watch the promo NBC shot to open the game where Jalen and other Eagles recreate the Willie Beaman music video. 

Only two wins away from this promo being shot for SNF. 

Notes on the Commanders game...

-- Hurts looks in control of the offense, mostly making the right reads, and throwing catchable balls. That's monumental to me. We haven't had a QB do to all 3 since playoff Foles. Credit to Hurts, the pass catchers, the coaching staff, and Howie for pulling off the AJ Brown deal.

-- Sustainability wise, I have much more faith in Hurts than I do in Gannon. Wentz was a total dream matchup for this defense: a guy who holds the ball too long and questions what he's seeing out there. Interested in Carson's TTT this week; better explanation for the 9 sack game than the Commanders OL.

-- All 4 primary pass catchers are fantastic. Brown and Smith need no introduction despite some goofs on the board calling Smith a bad pick. But it's Goedert with his cheat code like YAC and Watkins with his matchup -smashing speed who need more love. That nickel back for the Commanders had NOTHING for Watkins.

-- I've said this before, but Calcaterra looks like discount Ertz to me. Hope to see him get some RZ looks as the year goes on.

-- Some fascinating off-season decisions to be made. What do the Eagles do if Hurts continues balling out but the Saints nosedive and that picks ends up top-5? Who gets re-signed between CGJ, Bradberry, Hargrave, White, Seumalo, and Sanders? Lots of time to think about these things, but damn there's a lot of talent on this team with uncertain futures.

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

It's like your mom, that **** is so good it drains me in the first half hour

You mean that strange you call fistina 

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Notes on the Commanders game...

-- Hurts looks in control of the offense, mostly making the right reads, and throwing catchable balls. That's monumental to me. We haven't had a QB do to all 3 since playoff Foles. Credit to Hurts, the pass catchers, the coaching staff, and Howie for pulling off the AJ Brown deal.

-- Sustainability wise, I have much more faith in Hurts than I do in Gannon. Wentz was a total dream matchup for this defense: a guy who holds the ball too long and questions what he's seeing out there. Interested in Carson's TTT this week; better explanation for the 9 sack game than the Commanders OL.

-- All 4 primary pass catchers are fantastic. Brown and Smith need no introduction despite some goofs on the board calling Smith a bad pick. But it's Goedert with his cheat code like YAC and Watkins with his matchup -smashing speed who need more love. That nickel back for the Commanders had NOTHING for Watkins.

-- I've said this before, but Calcaterra looks like discount Ertz to me. Hope to see him get some RZ looks as the year goes on.

-- Some fascinating off-season decisions to be made. What do the Eagles do if Hurts continues balling out but the Saints nosedive and that picks ends up top-5? Who gets re-signed between CGJ, Bradberry, Hargrave, White, Seumalo, and Sanders? Lots of time to think about these things, but damn there's a lot of talent on this team with uncertain futures.

- I was a bit worried when the game started because Hurts looked off.  He got on quick.  Such an encouraging game from him.

- Agree, Hurts is instilling much more confidence than Gannon.

- Yep, and Hurts go them the ball down field.  It wasn't possession type stuff.  Big plays, chunk plays and dominating plays.  I had no idea Goedert was this much of a YAC beast.

- Calcaterra today looked like OU Calcaterra.  He will be a weapon.

- GJ, Epps, Edwards should be priority 1-3.  

Archived