EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Your read on Hurts has been good so far.

I saw absolutely nothing in his game to indicate he had this level of QB play in him until this year. I’m kind of shell shocked.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

I saw absolutely nothing in his game to indicate he had this level of QB play in him until this year. I’m kind of shell shocked.

That makes 2 of us who were wrong and happy to be.  This is exciting but I want to temper expectation so far.  I will be all in if I see 3 more games like this from him.

28 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yes fixed. thats why you keep those 3.

Some extensions need to be considered but I suspect some starters are not going to sign extensions.  Going to lose some depth too.  

Seumalo at RG
Sanders and Scott

Minshew

Pascal

Kelce likely retires.

OL Depth - Opeta, Dillard and Toth

On D, Epps, CGJ and Bradberry aren’t signed

Both White and Edwards

Brandon Graham

Cox and Hargrave 

Window closing. :whistle:

Another dominating performance, but.......we have a lot of guys unsigned next year.  So not such a great win after all.

It's not a grave situation.  Howie just has some work to do.

:offtopic:

So during the games this weekend kept seeing this commercial where so a hole SUB driver remote controls his car tightly between two beater pickups.  For one pickup, no one could get in on the passenger side.  On the other, no one could get in on the driver side.  Beater pickups.  Is the SUV driver a moron?  His SUV is seriously going to be damaged when he leaves the bar.  At the least those pickup drivers are opening the doors hard into the side of that a hole’s SUV. Or when they go to pull out, those beater bumpers are going to scrape the side of his SUV.  Glad car manufacturers are making vehicles for jackasses. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

@Outlaw you ran away with the competition this week. 

I just jumped in to 2nd, but no one is catching you. I just need to get enough space between me and @schuy7 who has someone playing tomorrow night. 

I figured the Birds would have a nice game. Glad my instincts were right. 

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Another dominating performance, but.......we have a lot of guys unsigned next year.  So not such a great win after all.

It's not a grave situation.  Howie just has some work to do.

Not related.  I enjoyed the win but was responding to HE’s fixed comment. 

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Not related.  I enjoyed the win but was responding to HE’s fixed comment. 

K. 

I took a walk this evening.  There was an immediate reaction pod from Bleeding Green Nation available.  The first part of their show was lamenting the second half offense.

Philly fans.

40 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

As do most Americans 

Not sure what metric you're using for that.  The show is averaging 29 millions viewers per episode.  Also has a 8.7 on Imdb. 

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

K. 

I took a walk this evening.  There was an immediate reaction pod from Bleeding Green Nation available.  The first part of their show was lamenting the second half offense.

Philly fans.

In fairness, you said Howie has work to do. I have been talking about the one year contracts and the free agency exposures this season.  It’s a Howie issue.  

Really good to be 3-0, wouldn’t mind seeing the Giants win tomorrow as I don’t consider them a threat to the Eagles over a full season.  A two-game lead over WASH and DAL would be great, with the Turds coming into Philly in Week 6.

Hurts is doing what he needs to do the last couple of games; great to see the running decreasing week by week.  He can only play against the teams lined up opposite every week, but all 3 opponents so far were in the bottom quarter of the league last year defensively.  The games will get harder but he’s doing what he needs to do.

The defense has held their opponents to single digits in back to back weeks, and both teams have decent offenses.  It will be interesting to see if they can shut down Lawrence and the Jags as well.

The first 10 games this season is really a cream puff schedule and the Eagles have a chance to make hay before a tougher finish to the schedule.  Hopefully if they stay healthy and confident it will help them later on in games against GB, TEN, at DAL, etc.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Really good to be 3-0, wouldn’t mind seeing the Giants win tomorrow as I don’t consider them a threat to the Eagles over a full season.  A two-game lead over WASH and DAL would be great, with the Turds coming into Philly in Week 6.

Hurts is doing what he needs to do the last couple of games; great to see the running decreasing week by week.  He can only play against the teams lined up opposite every week, but all 3 opponents so far were in the bottom quarter of the league last year defensively.  The games will get harder but he’s doing what he needs to do.

The defense has held their opponents to single digits in back to back weeks, and both teams have decent offenses.  It will be interesting to see if they can shut down Lawrence and the Jags as well.

The first 10 games this season is really a cream puff schedule and the Eagles have a chance to make hay before a tougher finish to the schedule.  Hopefully if they stay healthy and confident it will help them later on in games against GB, TEN, at DAL, etc.

Hurts is doing better than "he needs to do".  Give credit where credit is due/

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

In fairness, you said Howie has work to do. I have been talking about the one year contracts and the free agency exposures this season.  It’s a Howie issue.  

They'll be fine with contracts. If you want one thing to worry about it's special teams.  But it's pretty exciting here right now

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

Hurts is doing better than "he needs to do".  Give credit where credit is due/

That is giving him credit.  He’s playing very well.  I recognize that the Eagles are beating up on weak defenses, though.  It will get harder.

That’s not to say Hurts can’t keep his mojo going, but there are much tougher opponents coming. 

Watched the Jags Chargers condensed game. Jags are a good running and run D team. The O overall is Dougie Dink N Dunk. I think White gets a pick next week. 

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That is giving him credit.  He’s playing very well.  I recognize that the Eagles are beating up on weak defenses, though.  It will get harder.

That’s not to say Hurts can’t keep his mojo going, but there are much tougher opponents coming. 

He has thrown into tight windows. To his benefit, Smith and Brown are beasts in traffic. I don't think that pass D will get harder. Smith and Brown are a big part of the mojo -- trust your receivers to come down with the ball. 

I might need some work on this, but I'm going to give it a try.

I'm sure a lot of people are happy about today's game, but I'm not one of them. I'm furious about everything. Right now we're 3-0 but we should really be a lot better than that. Let me elaborate on all the things that ticked me off about today's game. These go to eleven.

1) Britain Covey fumbling a punt and looking like a doofus returning the ball. I'm sure anyone else could do better. 

2) The offensive performance in the second half was abysmal. If we had spent more time in training camp practicing, we probably would have done better. Likewise if we weren't taking extra days off during the season.

3) The clown show at the end of the first half. We wasted too much time before calling a timeout and then we run three stupid plays and are forced to hurry a fourth down throw. We're just lucky it worked.

4) How come we're not getting any contributions from Quez Watkins? Something has to be done about that. Maybe we should hire a new wide receiver coach or something.

5) Our running game sucked. I'm not sure if this was the fault of the running backs or the offensive line. Probably both suck. We should probably activate Trey Sermons for the next game and let him carry the ball. He can't be any worse.

6) Why on earth are we risking DeVonta Smith to return punts? We should probably fire the special teams coach after than blunder.

7) Why did we put in Sua Opeta at left guard late in the game instead of Cam Jurgens? We have to give Jurgens some experience at guard. If not, this could be a completely wasted year for him, which would be proof positive that he was another boneheaded pick by Howie.

8) Speaking of boneheaded picks by Howie, how come we never see Nakobe Dean do anything? I saw people in the stands wearing 17 jerseys and yet Dean doesn't even play. What's up with THAT?!!

9) Speaking of jerseys, Nick Sirianni looks like a clown wearing former players jerseys. And for initiating a scheme with players photos on t-shirts after they make interceptions. Can he look any more dorky than that? I remember when coaches in the olden days used to wear suits and hats. Remember Tom Landry? Sirianni should try to do that.

10) Where is Milton Williams? I never see him making any plays.

11) Jalen Hurts didn't run for a lot of yards and didn't score any touchdowns. If we get into the postseason when the weather gets colder and it's harder to pass the ball, we're going to need for him to run more effectively than he did today.

Archived