EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bpac55 said:

- I was a bit worried when the game started because Hurts looked off.  He got on quick.  Such an encouraging game from him.

- Agree, Hurts is instilling much more confidence than Gannon.

- Yep, and Hurts go them the ball down field.  It wasn't possession type stuff.  Big plays, chunk plays and dominating plays.  I had no idea Goedert was this much of a YAC beast.

- Calcaterra today looked like OU Calcaterra.  He will be a weapon.

- GJ, Epps, Edwards should be priority 1-3.  

We have fixed the secondary. Finally. It took How many years?

We have the natural decline of Slay upcoming due to age. You cant stop that, but you can keep the rest of them together. Prioroties for me are the safeties, and Bradberry.

Edwards is nice. But we have Dean, and its a passing league. White should be extended over Edwards. White and Dean are the LB duo of the future.

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

What even is this stat

They were an expansion team in the 90's and hired Coughlin who was there for a decade or so. Since then, they've had Del Rio, then Gus Bradley and now Pederson. Must be someone else I'm forgetting because that would be 4, but you get the idea.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

We have fixed the secondary. Finally. It took How many years?

We have the natural decline of Slay upcoming due to age. You cant stop that, but you can keep the rest of them together. Prioroties for me are the safeties, and Bradberry.

Edwards is nice. But we have Dean, and its a passing league. White should be extended over Edwards. White and Dean are the LB duo of the future.

Only reason I'm keeping Edwards over White is I think that's what the Eagles would do based on him being the green dot player.  Probably looking in to that too much because Dean can be that guy.

100% yes, the safeties need to both come back.  Bradberry is going to want to get PAID.   I just don't think they have the cashflow to keep him on top of all the other UFA. 

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

They were an expansion team in the 90's and hired Coughlin who was there for a decade or so. Since then, they've had Del Rio, then Gus Bradley and now Pederson. Must be someone else I'm forgetting because that would be 4, but you get the idea.

Doug Marrone also.

Just now, bpac55 said:

Only reason I'm keeping Edwards over White is I think that's what the Eagles would do based on him being the green dot player.  Probably looking in to that too much because Dean can be that guy.

100% yes, the safeties need to both come back.  Bradberry is going to want to get PAID.   I just don't think they have the cashflow to keep him on top of all the other UFA. 

Dean had a green dot in pre-season, and White would be in his 2nd year with the team as well. I dont think thats going to play in to it. 

Looked it up, Mularkey and Meyer both were one and done and each had 2 win seasons. Doug Marrone was another coach I forgot who was there for 4 years.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Doug Marrone also.

Yeah, and I was surprised to see Del Rio was there longer than I remembered and Coughlin was there for shorter than I thought.

7 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Marrone 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Edwards, White and Epps won't cost much to bring back. Bradberry will be more expensive, but he's not getting a huge deal from us or anyone else. So I expect him to sign a reasonable deal for a year. CGJ will get paid, as will Hargrave. My guess is they pay CGJ and let Hargrave go. 

CGJ is in the $15 million a year range, Bradberry will be around $10 million and the other guys around $7 million. Maddox signed the kind of deal I would expect White, Edwards and Epps to get.  

16 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

You forgot the kicker kicker.

if things keep going this way might wind up with an ace Ventura Super Bowl of Miami vs. eagles. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

if things keep going this way might wind up with an ace Ventura Super Bowl of Miami vs. eagles. 

spacer.png

Hurts vs tua would be a story...

I didn’t watch any of the press conferences but did Siri, Hurts, etc talk about that sequence down at the goalline before half? I thought they got the downs mixed up or they thought they had a timeout when they didn’t. DeVonta bailed them out but that had disaster written all over it. 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Hurts vs tua would be a story...

WR tandems would be all the rage. "You need 2 WR1s in this league nowadays"

51 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b809b7d32b58aa9cad

Sounds better than it is. 9 of 11 defensive starters are free agents. On offense, Sanders, Seumalo, Boston Scot, and Pascal are also free agents. So lots of money... but tons of roster spots to fill. 

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I didn’t watch any of the press conferences but did Siri, Hurts, etc talk about that sequence down at the goalline before half? I thought they got the downs mixed up or they thought they had a timeout when they didn’t. DeVonta bailed them out but that had disaster written all over it. 

Coaches couldn't get the play in. Hurts called the play and Smith did his thing

Just now, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Definitely a weird sequence to run the ball there without a timeout then have hurts call the next play on 4th down with time running down...

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

WR tandems would be all the rage. "You need 2 WR1s in this league nowadays"

Tyreek hill has really transformed that O and as good as mahommes is everything in KC just looks harder.

Wasn't sure how good Miami was but beati g the bills was huge, the bills were pretty much everyone's super bowl pick, the injuries to their secondary really hurt them today 

7 minutes ago, shlo said:

Sounds better than it is. 9 of 11 defensive starters are free agents. On offense, Sanders, Seumalo, Boston Scot, and Pascal are also free agents. So lots of money... but tons of roster spots to fill. 

Re-signing the defensive players is a legitimate concern.  Those offensive guys though aren't going to be that hard to replace though.  I like em all to varying degrees but none of em are bank-breakers.

58 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

A lot of that money will go to potentially re-signing Bradberry, CGJ, and Kyzir White. But there will be money to work with. Very awesome.

Assuming they dont waste it on hurts

Whats his 4th yr contract number? Cant justify giving him 30+ 

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Assuming they dont waste it on hurts

Whats his 4th yr contract number? Cant justify giving him 30+ 

I assume theyll take care of their free agents between this season and next spring. Extend Hurts (if he keeps it up) during next season after a bunch of re-structures to free up money. 

2 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Re-signing the defensive players is a legitimate concern.  Those offensive guys though aren't going to be that hard to replace though.  I like em all to varying degrees but none of em are bank-breakers.

Seumalo is a keeper though i am a tad concerned with his performance thus far.

save kelce money too i figure

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That’s great. Who called the RPO ON 3rd down with no timeouts?

Archived