EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I remember when coaches in the olden days used to wear suits and hats. Remember Tom Landry? Sirianni should try to do that.

If there’s any way the Eagles have the division clinched by Week 16, Sirianni doing a Tom Landry impersonation on the sidelines in DAL (fedora and all) would be even better than the David Akers rant at the draft.

22 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I might need some work on this, but I'm going to give it a try.

I'm sure a lot of people are happy about today's game, but I'm not one of them. I'm furious about everything. Right now we're 3-0 but we should really be a lot better than that. Let me elaborate on all the things that ticked me off about today's game. These go to eleven.

1) Britain Covey fumbling a punt and looking like a doofus returning the ball. I'm sure anyone else could do better. 

2) The offensive performance in the second half was abysmal. If we had spent more time in training camp practicing, we probably would have done better. Likewise if we weren't taking extra days off during the season.

3) The clown show at the end of the first half. We wasted too much time before calling a timeout and then we run three stupid plays and are forced to hurry a fourth down throw. We're just lucky it worked.

4) How come we're not getting any contributions from Quez Watkins? Something has to be done about that. Maybe we should hire a new wide receiver coach or something.

5) Our running game sucked. I'm not sure if this was the fault of the running backs or the offensive line. Probably both suck. We should probably activate Trey Sermons for the next game and let him carry the ball. He can't be any worse.

6) Why on earth are we risking DeVonta Smith to return punts? We should probably fire the special teams coach after than blunder.

7) Why did we put in Sua Opeta at left guard late in the game instead of Cam Jurgens? We have to give Jurgens some experience at guard. If not, this could be a completely wasted year for him, which would be proof positive that he was another boneheaded pick by Howie.

8 ) Speaking of boneheaded picks by Howie, how come we never see Nakobe Dean do anything? I saw people in the stands wearing 17 jerseys and yet Dean doesn't even play. What's up with THAT?!!

9) Speaking of jerseys, Nick Sirianni looks like a clown wearing former players jerseys. And for initiating a scheme with players photos on t-shirts after they make interceptions. Can he look any more dorky than that? I remember when coaches in the olden days used to wear suits and hats. Remember Tom Landry? Sirianni should try to do that.

10) Where is Milton Williams? I never see him making any plays.

11) Jalen Hurts didn't run for a lot of yards and didn't score any touchdowns. If we get into the postseason when the weather gets colder and it's harder to pass the ball, we're going to need for him to run more effectively than he did today.

Well analyzed. It is the 3rd game of the season.

1) Replace Covey. They gave him a chance.

2) Get less conservative and have a dink and dunk second half scheme

3) Smith and Brown come down with the ball. That should not change

4) He was held all game in order to not let him get free. If not, he might have had a long ball

5) Yes

6) Yes

7) Yes

8 Edwards and White are playing at a high level 

9) Generational thing. Could be he hits the right note with the players

10) Didn't he get dinged up early on? 

11) It will be there. His evolution as a QB doesn't need that now. 

27 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm sure a lot of people are happy about today's game, but I'm not one of them. I'm furious about everything. Right now we're 3-0 but we should really be a lot better than that. Let me elaborate on all the things that ticked me off about today's game. These go to eleven.

1) Britain Covey fumbling a punt and looking like a doofus returning the ball. I'm sure anyone else could do better. 

2) The offensive performance in the second half was abysmal. If we had spent more time in training camp practicing, we probably would have done better. Likewise if we weren't taking extra days off during the season.

3) The clown show at the end of the first half. We wasted too much time before calling a timeout and then we run three stupid plays and are forced to hurry a fourth down throw. We're just lucky it worked.

4) How come we're not getting any contributions from Quez Watkins? Something has to be done about that. Maybe we should hire a new wide receiver coach or something.

5) Our running game sucked. I'm not sure if this was the fault of the running backs or the offensive line. Probably both suck. We should probably activate Trey Sermons for the next game and let him carry the ball. He can't be any worse.

6) Why on earth are we risking DeVonta Smith to return punts? We should probably fire the special teams coach after than blunder.

7) Why did we put in Sua Opeta at left guard late in the game instead of Cam Jurgens? We have to give Jurgens some experience at guard. If not, this could be a completely wasted year for him, which would be proof positive that he was another boneheaded pick by Howie.

😎 Speaking of boneheaded picks by Howie, how come we never see Nakobe Dean do anything? I saw people in the stands wearing 17 jerseys and yet Dean doesn't even play. What's up with THAT?!!

9) Speaking of jerseys, Nick Sirianni looks like a clown wearing former players jerseys. And for initiating a scheme with players photos on t-shirts after they make interceptions. Can he look any more dorky than that? I remember when coaches in the olden days used to wear suits and hats. Remember Tom Landry? Sirianni should try to do that.

11) Jalen Hurts didn't run for a lot of yards and didn't score any touchdowns. If we get into the postseason when the weather gets colder and it's harder to pass the ball, we're going to need for him to run more effectively than he did today.

Well said

44 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Any news on Goedert/Reddick/slay injuries? 

I think I saw both Reddick and Goedert return. Goedert was in for the onside kick. 

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

😎 Speaking of boneheaded picks by Howie, how come we never see Nakobe Dean do anything? I saw people in the stands wearing 17 jerseys and yet Dean doesn't even play. What's up with THAT?!!

Wasn’t it you who had all the harsh words about trolling?

The Birds are 3-0 and the only team in the NFC that I don’t think they’d match up well with is the Bucs. They would have beat the Packers with Evans and Godwin 

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The Birds are 3-0 and the only team in the NFC that I don’t think they’d match up well with is the Bucs. They would have beat the Packers with Evans and Godwin 

Tampa looks bad. Even with those 2 in the game they don't look all that. Their games against Dallas and NO weren't impressive offensively. That oline isn't going to help Brady make it through the year

The Eagles are much better than the Jags and should win next week, but I think it will be a game that is less pretty and will require 4 quarters of grinding to do it.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The Eagles are much better than the Jags and should win next week, but I think it will be a game that is less pretty and will require 4 quarters of grinding to do it.

Let's see if they can score in the 2nd half

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one did.  But the few who pretend they did sure are taking the chance to spike the football. Good for them and us.  Small price to pay.  

Sure, ok. Whatever makes you feel better about being dead wrong.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hey race baiter.  Nice contribution to the blog.  Maybe you can slander the U.S. or call people racists again in here.  It’s been a while.  All of the mindless fools coming out of the woodworks.  

I never was in the woodworks. I was here when he didn‘t look great too and didn‘t hide at all. Nice try.

And about the noone could have seen it coming: I can count the times I bet money on one hand still, but I bet on the Birds before the season to win the NFC.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I think I saw both Reddick and Goedert return. Goedert was in for the onside kick. 

I "think" I read all four eagles who had injuries returned to the game.

All these bets people are placing all of a sudden :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

I "think" I read all four eagles who had injuries returned to the game.

Yup. Slay had cramps

Plenty of challenge and "real tests” ahead but nothing whatsoever of significance to complain about at this stage. 

Just now, Infam said:

image.thumb.png.25338474c7079b2df025f863a9167019.png

Good for you. It's also only 3 games. 2nd half of the season is a whole lot tougher then the first half

9 hours ago, bpac55 said:

He's who I want even with Sirianni here.  I think he's going to be a flat out stud HC.  

Why? 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one did.  But the few who pretend they did sure are taking the chance to spike the football. Good for them and us.  Small price to pay.  

This is false. There were plenty of professional evaluators - JT O'Sullivan and Greg Cosell to name two - who saw significant progress in Hurts' game throughout last season. You simply chose not to listen to experts and relied on your own analysis.

I tried to tell you, over and over again, that what you and many others here were saying about Hurts was far different than what professional evaluators were saying about Hurts, but you chose not to listen. You think Hurts suddenly transformed his game overnight, but that's not what happened. It's what you think happened, because you had your head up your bumhole. But those of us who kept an open mind knew that Hurts taking a pretty big step forward this season wasn't going to take some miracle to happen. 

Just now, Godfather said:

Good for you. It's also only 3 games. 2nd half of the season is a whole lot tougher then the first half

No doubt. But a liar I am not.

Guest justrelax

Some really bad play-calling on short yardage and at the end of the first half. I attribute a lot of it to Dickerson's condition. He had a terrible game and I'm sure it was because of his foot injury. They should have had Opeta in much earlier, not that he played well.

Archived