Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Maybe.  Before this week, articles were talking up what a good year he's had so far.  

At this point I’m not even mad at him. It’s like looking at one of those old actors who doesn’t realize that he’s no longer famous. It just looks sad now.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can’t see them dumping him unless they’re absolutely done with him. The guy behind him isn’t a starting quarterback and they have already given him multiple chances to prove himself. Heck they traded for Wentz because they already decided he’s not the guy. That would be the curtain call for Carson’s career to be benched for Heinicke

If Wentz plays a certain amount of games they have to give up a 2nd to Indy, don't see them doing that if the season is lost.

Wentz will be benched to save the pick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If Wentz plays a certain amount of games they have to give up a 2nd to Indy, don't see them doing that if the season is lost.

Maybe,  but we thought that too. His backup here is much better than the guy who was in Indy though. The way all the teams are bunched in the NFC right now they might not be officially out of it for some time. 

26 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Oh God not this again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe,  but we thought that too

Who is we? I never thought that and it was annoying. They already know Heineke isn't the answer so they will ride and die with Wentz

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who is we? I never thought that and it was annoying. They already know Heineke isn't the answer so they will ride and die with Wentz

It won't be for Heineke, but it might be for Howell. The reports in camp were that the staff really likes him.

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

It won't be for Heineke, but it might be for Howell. The reports in camp were that the staff really likes him.

Sheet forgot about him, I guess it would depend where they think he is in his development. 

37 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We can trade them Carson Strong for a 3rd.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Maybe.  Before this week, articles were talking up what a good year he's had so far.  

But the thing is Carson will always be Carson and he's going to make those bad decisions and have too many bad games. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That would be the curtain call for Carson’s career to be benched for Heinicke

I think that call is coming... I really don't think he's got long left as a starter in the league. At this point teams know all about him and know what he's like. 

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Nah, most say he's exactly the same jekyll and hyde guy he's always been, He barely breaks 250 first half yards for the season so far and has over 600 second half, The lions game and us was basically Washington getting in a deep hole while Wentz struggles to get the offense going, then the opponents going to game management and Wentz piles up some stats against prevent defenses to make his stats look respectable.

The thing that struck me Sunday is that Wentz can't even orchestrate the first scripted drive any more, that used to be one thing you could hang your hat on with him, Doug sent him out with a scripted series and he could play that like clockwork, Sunday he looked awful first drive.

Carson will be out of the league in 2 years.  More time for hunting, fishing, and chilling with his family, things that unlike football he really loves.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that call is coming... I really don't think he's got long left as a starter in the league. At this point teams know all about him and know what he's like. 

Just a sad ending. From possible MVP to three teams in three seasons. He’s a cautionary tale, but I wouldn’t compare him and Hurts as similar, because Hurts has proven that he’s willing to change. This guy made it clear he never wanted to change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

Carson will be out of the league in 2 years.  More time for hunting, fishing, and chilling with his family, things that unlike football he really loves.

A few years ago I wrote something similar to this. He’s a millionaire a 100 times over. I could certainly see him walking away from the game especially if the injuries pile up with little to no regrets. 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

My goodness the Commanders fans are blaming the coaches, the line, and everyone else but their quarterback. Then they’re like we need to have patience. Patience for. 30 year old quarterback. 😂🤣🤣 Man the more things change the more they stay the same. 

Eagles and Colts fans be like

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

Wentz might retire after the crowd at the Linc boos him unmercifully. Didn't Andrew Luck walk out of a preseason game and then retire?  :lol:

You know there was a point in this last game where I thought it was possible that the entire stadium would join in unison to boo Wentz. He was that bad, but the Commanders fans were so dejected that they just literally walked away. Meanwhile Jalen Hurts leaves the game to a chorus of MVP chants. Crazy! 

45 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You know there was a point in this last game where I thought it was possible that the entire stadium would join in unison to boo Wentz. He was that bad, but the Commanders fans were so dejected that they just literally walked away. Meanwhile Jalen Hurts leaves the game to a chorus of MVP chants. Crazy! 

Bailing early to beat traffic is what those "fans" do.

But yeah, reading their sites they are already calling for the backup :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just a sad ending. From possible MVP to three teams in three seasons. He’s a cautionary tale, but I wouldn’t compare him and Hurts as similar, because Hurts has proven that he’s willing to change. This guy made it clear he never wanted to change. 

Oh for sure. Hurts seems like a genuine guy and a true leader. Some of us may have ignored the smoke with Carson but the smoke around his leadership was always there. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

My goodness the Commanders fans are blaming the coaches, the line, and everyone else but their quarterback. Then they’re like we need to have patience. Patience for. 30 year old quarterback. 😂🤣🤣 Man the more things change the more they stay the same. 

It's clearer than ever to me that Wentz is "The Great White Hope" for so many people, and in this situation, ironically for an organization that won a Super Bowl with Doug Williams.

He's just good enough at times to show flashes, and people still think that one day he will magically become the 2017 version pre-injury again.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He's just good enough at times to show flashes, and people still think that one day he will magically become the 2017 version pre-injury again.  

I would say around mid 2019 I started accepting he would never be 2017 Wentz again. And I didn’t think we’d beat Seattle even if he didn’t get knocked out. He just never did well against them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I would say around mid 2019 I started accepting he would never be 2017 Wentz again. And I didn’t think we’d beat Seattle even if he didn’t get knocked out. He just never did well against them. 

Personally I never thought the Eagles needed Carson to be 2017 guy in order to win. They needed him to improve his accuracy, improve his decision making, stop taking bad sacks, and basically progress. 2017 was in every way an outlier and not a standard. What he was doing on third down and in the red zone that season could never be maintained. The worst thing that happened to Carson in many ways was that season. It gave him a false sense of security in his own ability. The injury robbed him of his off-season development. It crushed his fragile ego and feeling that they were good because of him when they went and won without him. He lost the coaches in the organization who told him the truth and coached him hard. It was the beginning of the end, but we were all too blinded by 2017 to see it. With that being the case I'll take that bowl and I'm not upset in the slightest that it costed Carson's future as a franchise quarterback to get it.

• Thanks 1

Man, D.A. was killing Carson on CBS radio this morning regarding a Schefter report that Washington wanted Garroppolo but went with Wentz as their second choice. His take stemmed from Rivera taking umbrage at the report in his PC in such a way that makes you wonder if there was something to it. The take was basically, "This is the organization trying to to protect Wentz, because Wentz is too fragile-minded to handle reality. What an absolute headache and pain Wentz must be that he goes to every organization and they have to repeatedly profess their love for him. Sorry, dude, it's a business, and the team has to do what's best for them. Quit being such a big baby and maybe try playing your tail off to prove them wrong for a change." :towel:

• Like 2

What was the game in early 2018, where they were driving down the field, ready to score for the win with time expiring, and Wentz threw the ball at the feet of the RB in the flat, locked on the whole way, never looking at his other options? At that time, people were brining up stats about him trailing in the 4th quarter with the ball, and the stats were not good. The intimation was that he wilts under pressure, and that was the first moment I really started questioning him. 2018 in general was lackluster in my mind, but I gave him a pass for the injury, and then I remember hating his body language during the Falcons game on Sunday night at the beginning of the 2019 season, which they lost. The signs were always there if you were looking for them.

• Thanks 1