Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

I just hope Wentz holds on to the ball as long as he usually does. If he does, our front 4 should have plenty of time to get to him.

22 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Well he's better than Tebow and Tebow shredded someone in the playoffs. Don't ever coach like you are expecting the other team to fail on their own...here's looking at you Gannon 

When did that happen? Tebow completed less than 50% of his passes in both playoff games. I’d hardly call that shredding the defense 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

When did that happen? Tebow completed less than 50% of his passes in both playoff games. I’d hardly call that shredding the defense 

300+ passing yards and two touchdowns plus another 50 and a Td on the ground vs Pittsburgh. Was under 50% but got like 31 yards per catch that game. 

No it is not.  Even if it takes him til the 4th quarter he will do something so butcherblockheaded that it is the sick highlight of the week.  There is no way he won't blow it somehow so we will be 3-0.

Eh he's been playing well and he's got revenge on his mind. Don't look past him. Indy can't move the ball since they got rid of him. He's not terrible. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Eh he's been playing well and he's got revenge on his mind. Don't look past him. Indy can't move the ball since they got rid of him. He's not terrible. 

I think this is spot on. He's not terrible we just want him to be. And yes he makes big time mistakes and yes he's flawed but he's also capable of lighting teams up. He has 7 TD passes in 2 games so let's not overlook that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

He couldn't move the ball with him either. His last 5 games he was averaging 158 yards passing a game

3 hours ago, JP HOF said:

No it is not.  Even if it takes him til the 4th quarter he will do something so butcherblockheaded that it is the sick highlight of the week.  There is no way he won't blow it somehow so we will be 3-0.

Always conceivable that your thread will blow it though, happens every time

Best chance of that happening is that he chokes in some way other than a pheasant, considering that is highly specific and there are probably other, far more common, ways to choke.

• Like 1

This game will be more about Jalen Hurts, showing he is the Anti-Wentz and makes the right play and occasional big time play to propel his team to victory. It's almost always a game of turnovers and I believe the Eagles win that battle today, thanks to Mr. Bonehead, himself, Carson Wentz.

I’m expecting Carson’s A game today. Would be foolish not to.

Apprently he has been talking about this game with his teammates since the off-season. Which is always weird but more weird when you remember that it was him that wanted out.

Wentz will play like Wentz which means he'll favor getting passing yards over worrying about turnovers & sacks. The turnovers & sacks are usually more damaging to his team but in any given week you never know

12 minutes ago, Thrive said:

I’m expecting Carson’s A game today. Would be foolish not to.

Apprently he has been talking about this game with his teammates since the off-season. Which is always weird but more weird when you remember that it was him that wanted out.

Mayfield also wanted to F up the Browns week 1. I know Wentz wants this one, but I'm hoping he psyches himself out more in the process.

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Wentz will play like Wentz which means he'll favor getting passing yards over worrying about turnovers & sacks. The turnovers & sacks are usually more damaging to his team but in any given week you never know

That’s Wentz in a nutshell, hero ball.

Every so often, he’ll look like Josh Allen (let’s not forget that was considered an optimistic comp for Josh Allen when he was drafted).  And more often than that, he’ll be kicking the ball around causing turnovers.  It just depends on when the stars align for good Wentz.  

Over the course of a season/playoff run, that will never be enough.  In a single week, he can be dangerous.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

That’s Wentz in a nutshell, hero ball.

Every so often, he’ll look like Josh Allen (let’s not forget that was considered an optimistic comp for Josh Allen when he was drafted).  And more often than that, he’ll be kicking the ball around causing turnovers.  It just depends on when the stars align for good Wentz.  

Over the course of a season/playoff run, that will never be enough.  In a single week, he can be dangerous.

Listen we don't know what will happen yada yada but Washington is also coming off playing the teams with the top 2 picks in last year's draft. Those teams might be improved but still. And Wentz put up yards when he was well behind in a losing effort in one of those games.  It's early and teams change weekly but I'm not seeing it with Wash

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not going to get ahead of myself. He's got a point to prove and we've all seen how these things can play out. 

I don't think he proved whatever his point was lol.

• Like 1

He's going to hear it from the fans at the Linc later in the season. It's gonna be brutal.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 4:03 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Lol. Yeah, because Wentz is so good. Wentz may be better than Goff and cousins, but the rest of the team isn't better than Lions or Vikings.

Prediction: Wentz gets sacked 5 times. Throws 2 picks and the Eagles win by more than 10 points.

I guess I called it.

:towel::Eagle_smiley:

That was brutal for Wentz, he was sacked 9 times and the refs basically stopped calling o line holds on Washington from about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, or else he'd have had to play a few more 3rd and longs.

The refs call that game straight and we get into double digit sacks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

He's going to hear it from the fans at the Linc later in the season. It's gonna be brutal.

Whether it’s health or performance, not sure he’ll still be the starter that game.

• Like 1