Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

Let's see what the Redskins  message board things of him so far:

As much as I'd like to agree, wentz failed last year in Indy behind a great o line with a great RB

I posted this in the game thread

Wentz is absolutely terrible

theres a reason two teams have already offloaded him

Slow/No mobility 

Often doesn't set his feet 

Overthrows the ball/can't take speed off the ball

No pocket awareness 

Makes poor decisions like not throwing it away/taking needless sacks 

Russell Wilson made a career running from a terrible o line and with a defensive head coach and no superstar WR's 

Wentz doesn't improve, he's the exact same scrub he was with an amazing o line and RB in Indy 

Yeah he's a big arm, but he's a 1 dimensional dud

https://es.redskins.com/topic/448580-the-official-qb-thread-commander-carson-and-howell-bright-the-future-looks/page/741/#comment-12333798

Okay, here's the dilemma... we can't have another year with Wentz. I know the O sucks but so does Wentz. We can't have another year with RR either. We need to put in Howell to prep for next year. I know, I know you don't do that because it's not how it's done. I don't care. What's the use in wasting our time without Howell if Wentz won't be here next year? I'm not saying Howell will get us anymore wins, but why have him ready for next year without any experience? Right now we're just wasting our time watching a crummy offense with a QB who when he finally escapes out of the pocket ends up throwing INT's.

https://es.redskins.com/topic/451460-game-day-thread-washingburgh-at-dallas/page/87/#comment-12333795

I'm done with Wentz. I thought we would have been better off going with TH and upgrading elsewhere but that Wentz was a upgrade.

But he's getting worse every game.

Wentz needs to be benched

https://es.redskins.com/topic/451460-game-day-thread-washingburgh-at-dallas/page/76/#comment-12333451

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As I’ve mentioned a bunch, the Eagles got extremely lucky he was so adamant about wanting out 😅.

• Like 3

It's amazing how quickly one can go from really wanting Wentz to be the guy, to being glad he's gone.

28 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It's amazing how quickly one can go from really wanting Wentz to be the guy, to being glad he's gone.

I'll admit to being conflicted before we let Nick go, I really wanted Nick to stay but I still had my 2017 regular season colored glasses on so I really wanted Wentz to have a shot to get back to form. 

But letting Nick go didn't seem like a good move at the time. Looking back, I wish we'd kept him and did something with Carson. Things couldn't have turned out any worse in those seasons without Nick, if we'd had him. Maybe they turn out better, maybe not. But I'd like to have seen what we'd have done with Nick going fulltime.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll admit to being conflicted before we let Nick go, I really wanted Nick to stay but I still had my 2017 regular season colored glasses on so I really wanted Wentz to have a shot to get back to form. 

But letting Nick go didn't seem like a good move at the time. Looking back, I wish we'd kept him and did something with Carson. Things couldn't have turned out any worse in those seasons without Nick, if we'd had him. Maybe they turn out better, maybe not. But I'd like to have seen what we'd have done with Nick going fulltime.

I didn't feel that way at the time, and as much as I love Foles, I don't think I would have changed even in hindsight. The one negative on Foles, is he's great in spurts, but has never completed a full season. Even as the starter to open the 2018 season, he wasn't that great to start.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Wentz everywhere he’s been so far has been a guy everyone loves until they don’t anymore. 

• Like 1

Is the stance that Wentz is better than Goff and Cousins still a though, because he looks like one of the worst quarterbacks in football right now.,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is the stance that Wentz is better than Goff and Cousins still a though, because he looks like one of the worst quarterbacks in football right now.,

As high of a ceiling Wentz has, it's hard to ignore his lows....like it's pretty awful

• Like 3

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We didn't let him go; he forced his way out. Dude took his ball and went home the moment he felt like his handle on the starting role was tied to performance.

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They called him a scrub like I did 4 fing years ago here,  all day and everyday hahah.  Thank you for this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

We didn't let him go; he forced his way out. Dude took his ball and went home the moment he felt like his handle on the starting role was tied to performance.

He bought his way out, which was his option in his contract. So that's not really 'forcing' his way out. It was permitted by the Eagles because they put that in his contract.

But we could have franchised him if we really wanted to keep him and I'm sure that if they'd sat down to hammer out a long term contract for him to be the #1 QB, he'd have jumped at it. 

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He bought his way out, which was his option in his contract. So that's not really 'forcing' his way out. It was permitted by the Eagles because they put that in his contract.

But we could have franchised him if we really wanted to keep him and I'm sure that if they'd sat down to hammer out a long term contract for him to be the #1 QB, he'd have jumped at it. 

Sry, I thought we were talking about Wentz. You were talking about Foles, my bad, haha. I thought the correct move at the time was to go back to Wentz, but yeah, it never felt right letting Nick go.

On 9/28/2022 at 4:14 PM, downundermike said:

Yes, some of that was holding the ball, but some of those were straight jail breaks.

Question, why did the Colts, with a new QB and a healthy offensive line look worse in Jacksonville this year than they did last year ??

Jacksonville at home seems to be the Colts' kryptonite. I have no idea why. Colts haven't won at Jacksonville since 2015 or something like that. And Jacksonville has sucked for most of that time. Kind of like the Cardinals to the Eagles when the Cardinals were in St. Louis were the first time IIRC (and I may not).

On 10/4/2022 at 7:44 PM, eglz1 said:

Jacksonville at home seems to be the Colts' kryptonite. I have no idea why. Colts haven't won at Jacksonville since 2015 or something like that. And Jacksonville has sucked for most of that time. Kind of like the Cardinals to the Eagles when the Cardinals were in St. Louis were the first time IIRC (and I may not).

Colts just don’t look that good this year. Neither does the Rams for that matter. The Jags have looked like the best team in that division so far. That’s not saying much but still. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Colts just don’t look that good this year. Neither does the Rams for that matter. The Jags have looked like the best team in that division so far. That’s not saying much but still. 

Jags do look like a team on the rise. They have enough of their high draft picks remaining to have talent, they just needed competent leadership.

Here's a few posts after losing to the Titans:

Wentz WISHES he was Cousins right about now.  It's hilarious that Cousins gets knocked for being anti-clutch, when we have the most anti-clutch QB in the league by far in Wentz.  I had absolutely NO faith that we were punching it in down near the goaline.  If Cousins is in the same spot yesterday, we win that game.  You could put half the QB's in the league in that same exact spot with the same time remaining, and they would deliver.  Before yesterday, I thought that Wentz was inaccurate and immobile.  Now I think you can add just plain dumb to his list.  No matter what coach he plays under, he's still making the same damn mistakes he's been making since year 1.  Ultimately, we should've been down there with at least 1 timeout, so that we could possibly run the ball if given the chance.  Rivera is just as dumb a coach as Wentz is a QB, and Scott Turner an OC.  We have the holy trinity of stupid on offense.

https://es.redskins.com/topic/448580-the-official-qb-thread-commander-carson-and-howell-bright-the-future-looks/?do=findComment&comment=12339788

Its not fair to Cousins to compare Wentz to him. Cousins is a legitimate good QB. Not elite or anything, but definitely in that 2nd tier. This team with Cousins makes the playoffs last year and is probably 3-1 so far this year. 

Wentz is a slightly more athletic and non ahole Jeff George.

https://es.redskins.com/topic/448580-the-official-qb-thread-commander-carson-and-howell-bright-the-future-looks/?do=findComment&comment=12339778

53 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Looks like it is going well for Wentz in Washington then...

This isn’t a video, it’s just a screenshot I took from Espn.com, but 👀 

F54E8AB7-2A8E-468A-9A49-171BF0D6F910.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, vaff said:

This isn’t a video, it’s just a screenshot I took from Espn.com, but 👀 

F54E8AB7-2A8E-468A-9A49-171BF0D6F910.jpeg

Dang.  Offseason the Colts GM trashed Wentz in public comments saying they were looking to upgrade, now this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yo, Rivera.... Wentz can't throw when he is on his back. Look at what happens when he is protected- 360 yards, 2 TD's, etc, etc, etc. You might want to look at your TEAM instead of trying to lay your sorry coaching on certain players.

PS- I am NOT a Wentz fan at all.

• Like 2