GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-14-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

Exactly!! Eventually it was going to catch up with them

And we've all said that most weeks. We said that after the Detroit win, we said it after the Dallas win, we said it after the Texans win. Poor tackling was going to hurt us and tonight it did. Washington had their way in the run game which kept our offense off the field. It's why I'm worried about Sunday because Taylor is such a good RB.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jcclive said:

There was some big time calls that was made and the face mask wasn't called and that was a bad miss 

That is what cost us the game in my opinion. We only need a fg at that point to get the lead. I don't think Washington wins if it comes down to them having to pass to win. 

Just now, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Tough. At least we didn’t have any major injuries. It’s a long season, being healthy around playoff time is much more important than anything else. 

I will say it’s an absolute embarrassment how the NFL robbed the sole remaining undefeated team tonight.  As the last undefeated team we should be getting favorable calls not whatever the hell tonight was. Heinecke was baiting to get a flag and a flop. BG actually did well to lay off and not hit his head. 

Can’t fault Hurts. Goedert and Quez fumble and then robbed of a chance to be a hero with 1:40 left down 6.  

The Eagles should not have gotten any "favorable calls” just because they were undefeated.  What a ridiculously dumb statement 

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Does Sirianni have the balls to chew out Gannon?

For sure he does. He will hold Gannon and this defense accountable. He'll also chew out the offense for turnovers. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The concern there though is that what we saw tonight we've seen a lot of this year and last. So we know Gannon isn't going to change and this defense is going to be vanilla. 

I’m fine with vanilla, but it works better when you have personnel that can tackle.
Gannon is part of the problem, but he doesn’t tackle or get pushed around like our Dline does. 

6 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

Heros: Jalen Hurts, CGJ

Zeros: Entire D line, LBs, Gannon, Quez

And the oline especially Dickerson got on his behind  on the last full drive. That did not help. 

Just now, Southparkeagles said:

I’m fine with vanilla, but it works better when you have personnel that can tackle.
Gannon is part of the problem, but he doesn’t tackle or get pushed around like our Dline does. 

Gannon is a big part of the problem. I mean what's the biggest difference between this year and last? The secondary. But that's down to Howie not Gannon. Howie got play makers and that's the difference this year. 

2 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Tough. At least we didn’t have any major injuries. It’s a long season, being healthy around playoff time is much more important than anything else. 

I will say it’s an absolute embarrassment how the NFL robbed the sole remaining undefeated team tonight.  As the last undefeated team we should be getting favorable calls not whatever the hell tonight was. Heinecke was baiting to get a flag and a flop. BG actually did well to lay off and not hit his head. 

Can’t fault Hurts. Goedert and Quez fumble and then robbed of a chance to be a hero with 1:40 left down 6.  

Hurts had a chance and inexplicably ran into a sack for absolutely no reason. 

I can't really be mad at Quez. That was a freak play. That rarely happens. 

Like I've been saying all night, it was just one of them games. The killer was the non facemask call. 

Well the national media is gonna have a field day. They were just waiting for the Eagles to crap the bed and they obliged on national television.

Just now, 700Level4Life said:

Like I've been saying all night, it was just one of them games. The killer was the non facemask call. 

Yes, the non facemask call sealed the game.

3 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

There were no heroes in this crap show. 

I had a tough time finding two.
Hurts would’ve gotten us the go ahead TD if not for Quez and CGJ had a critical int. 
But if you say there’s only Zeros, I won’t argue that point. 

Gotta hold the ball. Especially when you had just fallen to the ground.

1 minute ago, GoEagles5921 said:

The Eagles should not have gotten any "favorable calls” just because they were undefeated.  What a ridiculously dumb statement 

That’s not a dumb statement 

the NFL is a business, and an entertainment business at that. Nothing entertaining about tonight calls and the hype of a team going undefeated is now gone. 

Oh you can be mad at him. You've got to do a better job of protecting the football. He gets up after being tripped and at that point just get 2 hands on the football. At that point the big play is in the bag and any extra yards are a bonus. 

Just now, manz2821 said:

Well the national media is gonna have a field day. They were just waiting for the Eagles to crap the bed and they obliged on national television.

We all knew it was coming. They always have bad games like this. Hopefully they learn from it but honestly I don’t know.

Just now, GreenReaper said:

Hurts had a chance and inexplicably ran into a sack for absolutely no reason. 

I hated the run on first down there. The clock was already a factor why not start out with a quick throw. Drive just felt doomed after that play. 

1 minute ago, 700Level4Life said:

Freak play or not, still can't do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Right here.  I'd take Quez of Smith any day, if Hurts would target him more you'd see who's the better receiver.

The morons are those making an issue about the fumble, dude got up off the turf trying to score without realizing a defender was behind him.  

Granted Smith would have balled up in a fetal position, no wait, he can't get deep like that. 

I don’t even understand how people like you are even allowed on this message board. Smith scored a TD, Watkins is a 4th WR who was one of the biggest factors of this loss. Now go back to the Flat Earth Society board where you belong. 

Oh no well on to the next one. We’ll see if they can rebound. At least they will drop in the power rankings. Maybe even out if the top 5 at this point.

1 minute ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

I hated the run on first down there. The clock was already a factor why not start out with a quick throw. Drive just felt doomed after that play. 

The clock wasn't really a factor at that point and the run game was working. They had to balance scoring with not giving WAS too much time to respond. The issue was the Hurts play where I'm just not sure what he was doing. 

7 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Exactly!! Eventually it was going to catch up with them

Gannon just only seems concerned with the secondary. 

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

We all knew it was coming. They always have bad games like this. Hopefully they learn from it but honestly I don’t know.

The D is soft. It was soft last week and was even worse today after the mini bye. The play calling in the first half was reminiscent of last year where they just abandoned the run. It was just an awful performance across the board.

Archived