Quez Watkins

bigdog54

lets hope the keep doing those end arounds to quez w.,  those are game breakers

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

FlCWATkXkAE8oTR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Fascinating that AJ Brown could be the #1 WR in the NFL at getting open in another chart and isn't top 10 at getting open vs. single man in this one.

Simple solution for my OGs... use Watkins like we used Pinkston (he gets a lot of hate but was pretty good at his 1 trick of going deep, I still blame the SB loss on him going down with menstrual cramps or something). Primarily to take the top off and create space underneath for people like Pascal to get the targets in traffic so he's not overmatched by stronger defenders. Pascal has the Jason Avant role.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, judunno said:

Simple solution for my OGs... use Watkins like we used Pinkston (he gets a lot of hate but was pretty good at his 1 trick of going deep, I still blame the SB loss on him going down with menstrual cramps or something). 

Pinkston actually got hurt making a block on a Westbrook run (Watch Owens dog it on the run play). It's a shame people want to poke fun at him for an injury. (Play at 1:12:10)

27 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

(Watch Owens dog it on the run play).

Play was going to the opposite side, and he was the furthest away from the play.  LJ Smith gave about the same effort.  Guys generally don't block when the play is on the opposite side.

37 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Pinkston actually got hurt making a block on a Westbrook run (Watch Owens dog it on the run play). It's a shame people want to poke fun at him for an injury. (Play at 1:12:10)

He was cramping all game was the word. Unless history changed or something.

https://nypost.com/2005/02/07/tale-of-two-halves-for-pinkston/

"and left the field for good in the third quarter because he cramped up and needed an IV"

"I dehydrated and was cramping real bad out there,” Pinkston explained. "It was difficult.”

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Play was going to the opposite side, and he was the furthest away from the play.  LJ Smith gave about the same effort.  Guys generally don't block when the play is on the opposite side.

I would take some opposite side plays off if I was playing with an ankle with a screw in it.

On 12/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, eagle45 said:

Fascinating that AJ Brown could be the #1 WR in the NFL at getting open in another chart and isn't top 10 at getting open vs. single man in this one.

Doesn’t even matter, because in 50/50 balls he brings it down like 80% of the time. 

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Doesn’t even matter, because in 50/50 balls he brings it down like 80% of the time. 

AJ Brown is the perfect compliment of route running / speed to get open and physicality to dominate at the catch point when not open.

Watkins strength is his speed and in the space.  He is not very effective in the middle surrounded by defenders and can't get to the top gears.  The 2 INTs last game were the results of in the middle and got muscled out of the position.  They tried the jet swept with him but did not get good result.  Play him outside and run down the field to stretch the defense.  Just use his strengths. 

• Like 3

I'm going to start calling him "9-route"

It's the one route he's made for.

• Like 1

1 target and not a single catch. But at least we can’t blame him for this loss.

On 12/29/2022 at 12:38 PM, EazyEaglez said:

So everybody came down on Quez in the Cowboys game, why not come down on Brown for his NO-EFFORT attempt at breaking up the Minshew INT?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

So everybody came down on Quez in the Cowboys game, why not come down on Brown for his NO-EFFORT attempt at breaking up the Minshew INT?

Hey why don’t you tell everybody how much better Quez is than Devonta smith first?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You mean the telegraphed throw that one of best Saints defenders just jumped and walked into the end zone? 😂🤣😂 Try harder that’s just sad. Oh by the way what did Quez do today? 🤦

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I do think Brown needs to back up the reputation he promotes by fighting a little harder for that ball. If you are going to state that you believe you can win every one on one battle, then the effort needs to be 100% every time. Nobody will win them all, but I do believe he could have come back to that one a little more aggressively. However, Brown does win a lot of plays with toughness and is well on the plus side of 50/50 passes. I'm not sure why you continually feel the need to slight the team's better players while promoting scrubs that haven't ever done anything after their combine 40  was timed. 

Quez is not good on short/crossing routes because he doesn't shield off the defender at all. Just have him go deep and tell him to keep both hands on the ball after a catch lol

On 12/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, Eagles1960 said:

The guy runs terrible routes.  He drifts.  The routes are not sharp.  That is what happened on the second INT.  He has done that before.  Doesn't come back for the ball.  He has one quality and that is deep speed.  The Eagles should do much better than Watkins as their #3 receiver.   

Exactly.  He is a lousy lazy route runner who looks unprepared

Unprepared or undisciplined? I think it's most of the latter. He's made plays, both good and bad.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I do think Brown needs to back up the reputation he promotes by fighting a little harder for that ball. If you are going to state that you believe you can win every one on one battle, then the effort needs to be 100% every time. Nobody will win them all, but I do believe he could have come back to that one a little more aggressively. However, Brown does win a lot of plays with toughness and is well on the plus side of 50/50 passes. I'm not sure why you continually feel the need to slight the team's better players while promoting scrubs that haven't ever done anything after their combine 40  was timed. 

I'm not slighting anyone, I just call things the way I see them, if you want a cheerleader I ain't the one.

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I'm not slighting anyone, I just call things the way I see them, if you want a cheerleader I ain't the one.

You see things through  the fogged glasses of the local fool if you think Quez Watkins is in any way better than Smith. Your credibility is completely shot with that weak take. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You see things through  the fogged glasses of the local fool of you think Quez Watkins is in any way better than Smith. Your credibility is completely shot with that weak take. 

The worse take is that he "sees" Smith as the equivalent of Greg Ward. I know a lot of people compared Smith to Marvin Harrison because they are/were both so thin, but Smith reminds me of John Jefferson (younger fans won't understand) with his uncanny body control and ability to make unbelievable sideline catches. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

The worse take is that he "sees" Smith as the equivalent of Greg Ward. I know a lot of people compared Smith to Marvin Harrison because they are/were both so thin, but Smith reminds me of John Jefferson (younger fans won't understand) with his uncanny body control and ability to make unbelievable sideline catches. 

He’s in rare company as one of the few Eagles wide receiver to ever over 1000 receiving yards and he’s done it with another guy doing it in the same season (something that’s never happened in Eagles history) at the same time. It’s such a terrible take to have, but the worst part is his typical response of "I call it like I see it” when people expose his stupidity. Smith already is an exceptional route runner, and has above level sideline instincts. The guy despite his size generally finds ways to separate from coverage. On top of that he’s a tough guy too. He breaks tackles and takes hits and just gets up. He’s one of the better Eagles I’ve seen at catching passes at high points in the air. The catch he made against the Broncos last year and the catch he made in Washington this year were great examples of that. There’s nothing that Ward has ever done on that level here. Ward is a glorified Paul Turner. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:53 AM, olsilverhair said:

lets hope the keep doing those end arounds to quez w.,  those are game breakers

Quez should be doing go / fly routes every play.

On 12/29/2022 at 12:51 PM, downundermike said:

AJ Brown is the perfect compliment of route running / speed to get open and physicality to dominate at the catch point when not open.

He's playing thru ankle and knee injury, yet doesn't show it with how well he played too bad Minshew didn't throw it to him more.