Quez Watkins

bigdog54

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You see things through  the fogged glasses of the local fool if you think Quez Watkins is in any way better than Smith. Your credibility is completely shot with that weak take. 

I'll repeat, Quez is a better deep threat than Smith.

I've already told you before, I don't post anything for your or anyone else's approval/agreement, I post my points of view on various topics and it just so happens that small minds can't entertain other points of view. 

So you and your kangaroo court passing judgement on my credibility means nothing to me, it's like, who the F are you......Judge Jerk??

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I've already told you before, I don't post anything for your or anyone else's approval/agreement, I post my points of view on various topics and it just so happens that small minds can't entertain other points of view. 

So you and your kangaroo court passing judgement on my credibility means nothing to me, it's like, who the F are you......Judge Jerk??

Watkins can’t even track the ball in the air

Smith levitates when going for a jump ball. He’s not better than smith at anything except getting outmuscled and fumbling 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Peacekeeper said:

Watkins can’t even track the ball in the air

Smith levitates when going for a jump ball. He’s not better than smith at anything except getting outmuscled and fumbling 

Sure you're right.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

AJ Brown is 5th in the NFL in 20+ yard receiving plays (21 total)

DeVonta Smith is 9th in the NFL in 20+ yard receiving plays (18 total)

Quez Watkins is 96th in the NFL in 20+ yard receiving plays (5 total)

Quez can beat Smith and Brown in a foot race, but he is neither the deep threat nor as complete a WR as Brown or Smith. Just because Watkins' only success has come on a few deep passes does not mean he's the best at it on the team. If he continues to work on the rest of his game and becomes a complete WR like Smith, he could become a great deep threat. The Eagles need him to be a threat in every type of pass route. 

You don't "call things as you see them." You just believe what you want to believe regardless of facts or proof.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Quez can beat Smith and Brown in a foot race, but he is neither the deep threat nor as complete a WR as Brown or Smith. Just because Watkins' only success has come on a few deep passes does not mean he's the best at it on the team. If he continues to work on the rest of his game and becomes a complete WR like Smith, he could become a great deep threat. The Eagles need him to be a threat in every type of pass route. 

You don't "call things as you see them." You just believe what you want to believe regardless of facts or proof.

If there was ever a mic drop of a post it’s this one. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow! That's quite shocking. And just goes to show that Quez should not be as involved as he has been. 

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is mic dropping on an easy mark like EagleVA really that impressive ??

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wow! That's quite shocking. And just goes to show that Quez should not be as involved as he has been. 

Quez is an extremely limited player. The only thing I can state as a positive is that he’s relatively young and could possibly improve. I hope he becomes a more versatile weapon, but right now he’s highly replaceable. A guy who can just run go routes isn’t someone the Eagles need to offer an extension to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Quez is an extremely limited player. The only thing I can state as a positive is that he’s relatively young and could possibly improve. I hope he becomes a more versatile weapon, but right now he’s highly replaceable. A guy who can just run go routes isn’t someone the Eagles need to offer an extension to. 

Thing is they don't even really use him on those go routes. So the one thing he can do well and they don't really use him on them. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is they don't even really use him on those go routes. So the one thing he can do well and they don't really use him on them. 

Because there’s more to being a good deep threat than pure speed. And he’s bad at everything other than running fast. Can’t make contested catches, and is horrible at tracking the ball. 

The truth is Quez is probably a little better than what he's shown here. If he were being thrown to more on deep routes, maybe he'd break out into a legit threat, but when you have Smith, Dallas, and Brown ahead of you, you're not going to get a lot of targets

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MF POON said:

The truth is Quez is probably a little better than what he's shown here. If he were being thrown to more on deep routes, maybe he'd break out into a legit threat, but when you have Smith, Dallas, and Brown ahead of you, you're not going to get a lot of targets

This is one the more level headed posts of the thread. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

This is one the more level headed posts of the thread. 

This biggest issue I see here is that other than running deep routes (and not fumbling like a dope), Quez hasn’t done enough when he’s gotten the ball in other ways. I don’t think he’s a bum, but he has to play a lot better than what he’s giving us. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This biggest issue I see here is that other than running deep routes (and not fumbling like a dope), Quez hasn’t done enough when he’s gotten the ball in other ways. I don’t think he’s a bum, but he has to play a lot better than what he’s giving us. 

Yeah, but when you're not used to having the ball you're more prone to making mistakes, like holding the ball out like an idiot after catching it lol. I agree, he's not a bum and has to be better, but I'm also not really expecting him to become anything more than Pinkston. 

Just now, MF POON said:

Yeah, but when you're not used to having the ball you're more prone to making mistakes, like holding the ball out like an idiot after catching it lol. I agree, he's not a bum and has to be better, but I'm also not really expecting him to become anything more than Pinkston. 

Kind of a situation where you have to play well enough to earn more reps too. If he gets 5 plays called his way, but three of them lead to negative plays why give him more opportunities? He needs to produce better with his chances. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

qy4lqhuzh3aa1.jpg

We better have a new #3 WR next season.

Eh, I think Quez is a decent #3, but the coaches need to play to his strengths. He's not good unless he's running go routes, so just let him do that all day. They could use him for WR screens, but he hasn't been particularly good with that either. I just would never have him go across the middle again, he's a liability there.

29 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Eh, I think Quez is a decent #3, but the coaches need to play to his strengths. He's not good unless he's running go routes, so just let him do that all day. They could use him for WR screens, but he hasn't been particularly good with that either. I just would never have him go across the middle again, he's a liability there.

Except he isn’t particularly good on go routes either. All he can do is run fast. He’s bad at tracking the ball, and is too soft to make contested catches. So unless he’s wide open with like 5+ yards of separation, he probably isn’t making the play. 

Quez is useless... I thought he was decent until this season... He has done more harm than good... He is EASILY replaceable... 

Just now, Aspiritfall said:

Quez is useless... I thought he was decent until this season... He has done more harm than good... He is EASILY replaceable... 

All im saying is on the plays he was responsible for turnovers we probably would have been better off with only 10 men on the field 

12 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

All im saying is on the plays he was responsible for turnovers we probably would have been better off with only 10 men on the field plus JJAW's mom with an umbrella

FYP

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

FYP

Right? At least Reagor or jjaw would have just dropped the passes 

4 hours ago, MF POON said:

I think he's substantially better than what he's shown for your reasoning, I've seen several times when the camera was behind the QB and there was Watkins running all alone behind the targeted player for a sure TD.

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think he's substantially better than what he's shown for your reasoning, I've seen several times when the camera was behind the QB and there was Watkins running all alone behind the targeted player for a sure TD.

Would have dropped the pass anyways, or ran down and fumbled.  Open doesn't matter if you cant do anything with it.

On 1/3/2023 at 12:40 AM, brkmsn said:

OK, they're not throwing to him deep, what's your point?