EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You might be right... but the loss has nothing to do with only 46 dressed on gameday.  They didn't have a 3rd QB healthy to go.  They didn't even have one on the practice squad, jic. 

BUT... I propose the following rule change:  (Stealing a page from the NHL...)

3rd goalie rule... if a team loses both their starting goalie and their backup goalie, a 3rd goalie can be pulled from the stands to play to finish the game.

So, we can institute a 3rd QB rule... if a team loses both their starting QB and their backup QB, a 3rd Qb can be pulled from the stands (cannot be on the sidelines) to play to finish the game.  The 3rd QB CANNOT be a rostered player, however, nor a practice squad member.  

Can the 3rd QB be Mike Trout?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did you bold anything in the quoted post? I'm asking because a few of us are using the new Dark Mode theme and we're noticing bugs in it to report to mods. I didn't see anything bolded so was wondering if it's a bug or not

Yes, this sentence is bolded.

I don't think spending money in FA is worthwhile to look for an upgrade.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Did you bold anything in the quoted post? I'm asking because a few of us are using the new Dark Mode theme and we're noticing bugs in it to report to mods. I didn't see anything bolded so was wondering if it's a bug or not

He did, I can see the bold.

”I don’t think spending…”

15 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

You got the vintage aged stuff ehh?

I'm fairly certain down in my basement , somewhere, is a box full of bongs, pipes etc...  with a small stash I have had since the early 90's. Haven't touched it since we moved into this house in 1997., we moved it from one basement to another. Pretty sure IIRC there probably around a dime bag of what was some good stinky green and red stuff. Well it was good when it was boxed up...LOL Probably dust now. 

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are not going to find a game with less than 10 possessions very often.

We ground it out against the 9ers, and that was 10 possessions each.

You are talking about what happens, I am talking about the ideal.  The ideal is that every time the Eagles possess the ball, they move it down the field in no fewer than 5 minutes, but preferably over 8.  6 * 8 = 48 minutes of TOP.  Leaving only 12 minutes left for the Chiefs... allowing them to possess the ball for only 2 minutes on their 6 possessions.  

That's the IDEAL... will it happen?  Almost assuredly no, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't favor the Eagles for it to go that way.  

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Also you’ve been removed from the racist bracket for not using white mode 

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

Do not, under any circumstances, give Miles a real deal this off-season. 

Evander Holyfield -The Real Deal- Best Knockouts on Make a GIF

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Can the 3rd QB be Mike Trout?

As long as it doesn't violate his contract with MLB... why not?  He'd fit the criteria perfectly.  

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Also you’ve been removed from the racist bracket for not using white mode 

Very cool Nation of Domination entrance : r/SquaredCircle

2 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

My grandmother was named Bubby.  Please don't go there.

My mother is named Bubba.  I agree.  

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

@Mike31mt This was the stat you were asking about a week or two ago. 

Who are the effing nerds who come up with this $hit

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

She’s a "reality” TV person and influencer wannabe.  Just trying to extend her fifteen minutes.  

2 minutes ago, Captain F said:

FB_IMG_1675358601664.jpg

you need to get over to the cowboyszone. it's like the annual year end Mad magazine. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s right though.  

That Sirianni hate is still in there isn't it?  Dont worry, once we erect the Sirianni statue youll feel better 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

That Sirianni hate is still in there isn't it?  Dont worry, once we erect the Sirianni statue youll feel better 

I don't think anyone hates Nick, but his job is going to be a whole lot harder next year when the roster is about 85% of what it was this year.

42 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I'm fairly certain down in my basement , somewhere, is a box full of bongs, pipes etc...  with a small stash I have had since the early 90's. Haven't touched it since we moved into this house in 1997., we moved it from one basement to another. Pretty sure IIRC there probably around a dime bag of what was some good stinky green and red stuff. Well it was good when it was boxed up...LOL Probably dust now. 

Certainly would be like smoking dust, won't do a damn thing

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't think anyone hates Nick, but his job is going to be a whole lot harder next year when the roster is about 85% of what it was this year.

Isn't the average roster turnover around 25% every year? Thought that was common knowledge.

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

Isn't the average roster turnover around 25% every year? Thought that was common knowledge.

Yes, but you can replace talent with equal, or better talent in most cases.

The talent on the roster will have a significant drop off next year, and not really a lot of cap space to replace it with equal talent.

I could lean to replacing those players with draft picks, but the Eagles MO is to draft for the future, not for immediate impact.

Archived