EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Damn, @TorontoEagle, I guess that Canadien winter is gonna last the rest of the year, or does that mean winter is cancelled?

I've got a couple of French guys working for me.  I went and asked, and they just laughed and said "What? Oh no!"

Shifty ****!  I'm tempted to send them home for the afternoon without pay.  It'd be an interesting conversation with HR.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

In a scenario where the league is steering games to an outcome, not outright rigging them, who do you think the league would "want" to win the Super Bowl ??

I would say Philly. The NFL has KC, Cincy, and Buffalo in the AFC and a bunch of young QBs. Who is there in NFC or a QB to get excited about? Right now it’s just Hurts and the Eagles winning a SB makes a team in the NFC relevant.

19 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Which 'he' is that quote referencing?   Or are they all clones of each other?

Hardman

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

In a scenario where the league is steering games to an outcome, not outright rigging them, who do you think the league would "want" to win the Super Bowl ??

Good question.

I think the Eagles are the go-to this year...feel good story, Hurts an MVP candidate knocked outa the running by injury, returns to lead us to the #1 Seed, beat the pants off the NFC contenders, Nick to the Big Show in his second year, Sack Monsters, the story lines write themselves...

I think they (NFL) wants another young gun to celebrate, Mahomes is already there, add Hurts to the constellation of Superstars to promote...

Fans are already getting the "Patriot" vibe from KC...sorta sick of em?...just noodling, of course.

Still have to go out and take it, obviously, but the setup is in place, as they wanted.

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

image.png.93f7dab7c7f57bc62f0800307ad972fc.png

Very helpful.  Thank you. Would it be easy for you to add a column to the right that uses recent Comp Pick history to project what the likely Comp Pick would be for each Average?

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Poor Fred. Quebec is not Canada though, so no effect on the rest of us

Fabienne : What gopher was that?

Butch : It's Fred.

Fabienne : Who's Fred?

Butch : Fred's dead, baby.

FCaQbT5.png

15 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Honestly hoping this doesn't become another Frank Reich situation. I get him getting a job, I hope we also dont lose the number 2 guy behind him. 

We've got plenty of past mistakes to learn from.  They botched everything that could be botched after the last superbowl.  Sentimental but unwise extensions, dropping 2 of the 3 most important offensive coaches on the team, etc.

The goal is for Steichen to get a HC job quickly.  Then they can just promote Brian Johnson to OC and it's all finished.  They better get a good QB coach; Johnson won't be far behind.  

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A team that has a fan base that has the closest demographic profile to the metropolitan market where they want to next expand.

1 minute ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

FCaQbT5.png

image.gif.af7a23e5315ab339b8d29c4045934311.gif

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

image.gif.af7a23e5315ab339b8d29c4045934311.gif

37eec10f2573ffad269e368e2e25a74a.gif

Alright...I'm going to talk offseason in a week leading up to the freaking Super Bowl.  But that's what I love scheming over. 

Let's say the Eagles win.  Kelce is probably gone.  BG would be a retirement risk.  Lane, Cox, and Suh probably still want to play.    

3 players of ours scare me...Hargrave, Bradberry, and Sanders.  2 guys over 30 who just had career years and a RB who just had a career year.  Let them go get a combined $50m per year elsewhere and devour those comp picks.  

CJGJ...25 years old after a career year...he stays.

Channel all the Hargrave/Bradberry/Sanders money (and defer the Hurts extension money) into 1 player...Daron Payne.  Instead of putting so much money into retaining aging players that may not repeat 2022, condense it into a younger player who will actually upgrade a position.  Payne/Williams/Davis could be incredible.  Then spend the draft getting premium talent as the positions with departures.  Even if it takes them a year to acclimate, I'd rather dip back a bit in 2023 (likely anyway) and be locked and loaded the following year than end up screwed long term with the over 30 extensions.

28 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Honestly hoping this doesn't become another Frank Reich situation. I get him getting a job, I hope we also dont lose the number 2 guy behind him. 

Comes down to the timing... this is still the initial hiring cycle.  Johnson hasn't gone anywhere yet, in fact, the Eagles might have already discussed Johnson moving to OC if Steichen leaves.   I haven't really heard of Johnson in the mix for OC jobs around the league.

10 minutes ago, mattwill said:

A team that has a fan base that has the closest demographic profile to the metropolitan market where they want to next expand.

Not sure what the most European NFL city in the US is...NYC I suppose.

anyone have stats on the eagles sack percentage? Im wondering how wide the gap is between them and the 2nd place team. 

9 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I think Mike meant this year. This Super Bowl.

No need to expand our market, we have fans in all 50 and beyond...and we travel VERY well....

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gonna have to figure out how to put that as a ringtone on my phone.

Seriously, that's fantastic stuff.  Used to love it when our best players walked into the locker room with that mentality.  What more when a pro football coach does it.

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Honestly KC, and it has nothing to do with the team or fan base, but everything to do with Mahomes. The league wants their own "Jordan" and have THE guy as the face of the NFL. IMO they clearly showed that with Brady. Now that he is gone, Mahomes is the next guy in line and I can easily see a scenario that the NFL would push Mahomes to be the next GOAT.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Comes down to the timing... this is still the initial hiring cycle.  Johnson hasn't gone anywhere yet, in fact, the Eagles might have already discussed Johnson moving to OC if Steichen leaves.   I haven't really heard of Johnson in the mix for OC jobs around the league.

Jets, but went to Hackett. Albert Breer wrote this a day or two ago about Reich/Panthers.

On offense, I think it’s a little clearer—my sense is a run at Eagles QBs coach Brian Johnson is probably coming. Johnson, for what it’s worth, would’ve been Wilks’s OC.

17 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

FCaQbT5.png

Is that a shadow I see? Doin his job while dead. Good on ya, Fred.

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

image.png.ffccd0fb0f83326ddeec22561b9cfe8d.png

To be honest it's Mahomes' ankle that is the main reason, this might end up looking like his Super Bowl against Tampa if he's moving around like last week.

Archived