EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He's got a point. Clearly no coach taught him this

It’s a players league. That can’t be taught. 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He's got a point. Clearly no coach taught him this

That would have been a hell of a hit if he went for the tackle instead of the pick

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Why would a current player take shots at coaches? Who you might have to work with later 

No worries, he ain't gonna sniff our roster.

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Do we know the jersey color yet?

Green over white.

2 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Green over white.

Awesome!!!! I was hoping for that. I thought the Chiefs might pick red.

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

That'll be their blood all over the field at 00:00

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

Eagles had first choice 

24 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Thanks for that.

At the risk of offending you, I must say that seems somewhat naive...

You must agree the Suits sitting around in New York have more input (video) than the telecast offers us. These guys are orchestrating a Multi Billion dollar enterprise, 52 cameras rollin non-stop per game, how many times have we seen footage from the Pylon Cam...not much, only when it suits them to show it...

That (non) catch should have been ruled incomplete, even our TV playback showed that. Challenge irrelevant. Refs blew it.

All of them.

Nah.  They have 20 seconds to find the angle that shows that it's on the ground.    As you say, there are 52 cameras... which angle shows it?  They don't know, and they have to find the feed they want... then rewind it, then watch it, then make a decision, then call it down.   Frankly, it's up to the HC to decide to challenge a 'blown' call or not.  They chose NOT to.  That's on them.

The refs didn't 'blow' anything.  The official right there on the sideline had no chance to see it from his angle, he had two bodies in the way.  The next closest official is down the sideline (about 20 yards), also without a great angle, as Smith's body shields him from seeing the ball.  And finally, the last official with any real chance of seeing it is the field judge, 25 yards away across the field, AND deeper than the play.  Is he going to overturn the call by the official right there?  Only if he's sure he saw it hit the ground.  Did he?  They are humans with limitations and I can tell you from being on the sidelines at plenty of games, seeing a ball 'clearly' hitting the ground as the player goes to the ground during a catch in real time from 30+ yards away is almost impossible if the player appears to have possession as he comes down with the ball.  No instant replay available on the field, no slow motion views... just a moment to see it in real time and make a decision.   The refs were fine.   Shanahan has the right to challenge, he chose not to.  That's on him.  

Meanwhile, the other 'blown call' was the fumble by Purdy.  The biggest difference there is that Sirianni had the defensive players telling him to challenge it.  I think Reddick KNEW that he'd knocked the ball out of Purdy's hand, so Sirianni trusted his guys and challenged it.   And the play was overturned.  

Then there's the added benefit of being the home team... the home team determines what gets shown on the jumbotron.  They showed the fumble with Purdy... they didn't show the 'right angle' of Smith's catch.  Home field advantage.  Shanahan miscalculated.  The fault lies 100% with him, not on the refs or NY.  I don't want NY reversing calls.  That's why the replay system is in place for a coach to be able to challenge.   And props to the Eagles' coaching staff for having a protocol in place to get up to the line quick and get a play off to limit the time of the opposition to challenge.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

One of my favorite photos from LII. 

DF67252D-3E8F-49CF-8661-EA844027DE69.jpeg

I love this one too.

image.jpeg.7b42bfc89d45704f61ae250e0526829e.jpeg

15 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Why would a current player take shots at coaches? Who you might have to work with later 

Because they don't think about the future...

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I love this one too.

image.jpeg.7b42bfc89d45704f61ae250e0526829e.jpeg

I bought some confetti and streamers that allegedly came from the postgame Super Bowl celebration. I dumped it into a shadow box or whatever it’s called with that photo in it. 

Ignore my post from yesterday regarding Dewand Jones.  Guy has a purse at practice making JJAW's umbrella seem not so bad now.

Just now, bpac55 said:

Ignore my post from yesterday regarding Dewand Jones.  Guy has a purse at practice making JJAW's umbrella seem not so bad now.

You should tell him that. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Buddy, stop your pitch at 20 seconds in and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Alright...I'm going to talk offseason in a week leading up to the freaking Super Bowl.  But that's what I love scheming over. 

Let's say the Eagles win.  Kelce is probably gone.  BG would be a retirement risk.  Lane, Cox, and Suh probably still want to play.    

3 players of ours scare me...Hargrave, Bradberry, and Sanders.  2 guys over 30 who just had career years and a RB who just had a career year.  Let them go get a combined $50m per year elsewhere and devour those comp picks.  

CJGJ...25 years old after a career year...he stays.

Channel all the Hargrave/Bradberry/Sanders money (and defer the Hurts extension money) into 1 player...Daron Payne.  Instead of putting so much money into retaining aging players that may not repeat 2022, condense it into a younger player who will actually upgrade a position.  Payne/Williams/Davis could be incredible.  Then spend the draft getting premium talent as the positions with departures.  Even if it takes them a year to acclimate, I'd rather dip back a bit in 2023 (likely anyway) and be locked and loaded the following year than end up screwed long term with the over 30 extensions.

Good approach. Not the only approach, but a good one. The added advantage of it is that the three losses count as three in the Comp Pick formula calculations and the one addition only offsets one of those.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Buddy, stop your pitch at 20 seconds in and call it a day. 

The best part is them blaming it on Kingsbury, when it is clearly a Kyler problem.

1 hour ago, Fresh_Prince said:

To be honest it's Mahomes' ankle that is the main reason, this might end up looking like his Super Bowl against Tampa if he's moving around like last week.

Ankle, our DLine and our Dbacks.  The matchup is so favorable to us.  We even have the piece to mitigate Kelce (CJG).  I am thinking more and more we rout them.  

Archived