Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

37 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Mahomes is the best QB in the league. But  that we’ve gone from people saying that Hurts isn’t a viable starting QB to him legitimately being in the conversation as the second best shows how far he has come.

We need to get him signed long term as quickly as possible.

He was supposed to lose the job in camp to Carson Strong 😂😂😂

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 91defense said:

I'm a huge fan of Hurts, but I think I'd rank him behind Burrow and Herbert. 

Burrow, yes.

Herbert? F No.

Herbert is tough as nails, great arm, great head on his shoulders, and is just getting started. Give him some receivers that can run the 40 in under 10 minutes, and he'll only get better. I understand if you think Hurts is better, but it's not by a landslide. No way.

17 minutes ago, 91defense said:

Herbert is tough as nails, great arm, great head on his shoulders, and is just getting started. Give him some receivers that can run the 40 in under 10 minutes, and he'll only get better. I understand if you think Hurts is better, but it's not by a landslide. No way.

Herbert is nothing but a stat padder at this point. He doesn't deliver when it counts, he never has.

It's not about Hurts, even Lawrence is better than him.

1 hour ago, 91defense said:

I'm a huge fan of Hurts, but I think I'd rank him behind Burrow and Herbert. 

Anywhere from 3-6 is fine. His biggest knock is every other QB in the top 10 other than Lawrence has had multiple top 10 years. Let’s see sustainment and then that’ll help people justify how high he is.

2 hours ago, 91defense said:

Herbert has an idiot for a coach and that has a lot to do with it at this point. If I were to rank QB’ 2-5 it would be be Hurts, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence. Jackson can be amazing at times but as with all run first QB’s he is dinged up often. That’s what causes GM’s and owners to pause when thinking about handing out 45-50 mil a year to a guy like Hurts. Sure he has shown he can move the ball through the air, but can he do it when the threat of the run is limited? I don’t know it is a tough decision. Get it wrong and your handicapped for several years.

20 hours ago, Boogyman said:

You know its bad when a guy like Daniel Jones is looking at 40 plus million lol.

I wouldn't pay Daniel Jones. He's a bottom tier QB with a great head coach. Daboll would be crazy if he agrees to this.

I remember a Giants fan on here saying last season if Jones and Hurts switched teams, each of teams would pretty have same record they ended up getting (Eagles 9-8 and Giants 4-13). Eagles would be worse with Jones than Hurts.

14 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Anywhere from 3-6 is fine. His biggest knock is every other QB in the top 10 other than Lawrence has had multiple top 10 years. Let’s see sustainment and then that’ll help people justify how high he is.

15 hours ago, 91defense said:

I feel that some fans are hesitant to believe what they are seeing. In 2021, Hurts demonstrated flashes of great passing but it wasn't consistent. In 2022, the consistency has been there the entire season. His trust in his receivers is showing just how well he can throw. Hurts isn't in the top 5 in how far he can throw a pass, but he has a lot more arm than people realize (or want to admit). These are elite throws:

There are quite a few good, young QBs in the league right now. Ranking them will always be subjective. All I know is we have one of the better ones despite where Chris Simms ranks Hurts in his lists. 

People who have Lawrence and Herbert in front of him don’t know ish about F

On 2/27/2023 at 2:55 AM, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20230226_135353.jpg

Need to get him signed as quickly as possible and before the Burrow and Herbert deals.

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Need to get him signed as quickly as possible and before the Burrow and Herbert deals.

You even have crazy talk out there that Daniel Jones wants 45mil a year. They need to get it done. 

10 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Ever occur to you that maybe Hurts agent is waiting on the Burrow, Herbert deals? It takes 2 sides in agreement to get a deal done.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You even have crazy talk out there that Daniel Jones wants 45mil a year. They need to get it done. 

I think this would be the one that would impact Hurts the most

We want Giants to give him the contract because he's clearly not worth it but we also don't want them to do it before Hurts gets his because he's clearly better than Jones

3 hours ago, Nivraga said:

Ever occur to you that maybe Hurts agent is waiting on the Burrow, Herbert deals? It takes 2 sides in agreement to get a deal done.

Also a possibility that the Eagles need to make a bunch of moves to get the money right. I think they have a lot of work to do in order to get their cap number down. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

I think this would be the one that would impact Hurts the most

We want Giants to give him the contract because he's clearly not worth it but we also don't want them to do it before Hurts gets his because he's clearly better than Jones

Hurts is definitely better than Jones. 

But, Jones put up actually decent numbers this year (not terribly far off Hurts numbers, but again, Hurts was clearly better).

The WR/TE difference between the teams is like the Phillies vs a single A team. 

Jones gets crapped on quite a bit, but if you gave him some legit WR help and retained Saquon, he’s not as bad as some make him out to be. 

On 2/22/2023 at 12:34 PM, justwinbaby said:

It's hilarious how good Hurts is and how much it pisses you off haha I love it

And there are times a player on the losing team deserves the Super Bowl MVP.  This was one of them. 

28 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

And there are times a player on the losing team deserves the Super Bowl MVP.  This was one of them. 

Mahomes put up 3 TDs, had a few clutch runs, didn’t turn the ball over, and was near unstoppable in the 2nd half. Why doesn’t he deserve it?

22 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Mahomes put up 3 TDs, had a few clutch runs, didn’t turn the ball over, and was near unstoppable in the 2nd half. Why doesn’t he deserve it?

Passing for 182 yards doesn't exactly scream MVP performance to me.

35 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The yardage I don't necessarily have an issue with, nor Mahomes' play overall (because he played well with his limited TOP compared to Hurts), to me it was just clear that Jalen  outplayed him in the SB. The plays Hurts made and the scoring drives he had were just overall much more impressive than anything Mahomes did imo.  Neither team's defense played all that great, but the Chiefs definitely caught more breaks than we did as well, which allowed their offense to score quickly/easy.

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

34 minutes ago, MF POON said:

The yardage I don't necessarily have an issue with, nor Mahomes' play overall (because he played well with his limited TOP compared to Hurts), to me it was just clear that Jalen  outplayed him in the SB. The plays Hurts made and the scoring drives he had were just overall much more impressive than anything Mahomes did imo.  Neither team's defense played all that great, but the Chiefs definitely caught more breaks than we did as well, which allowed their offense to score quickly/easy.

Mahomes was near perfect in the 2nd half. 

On one of the wide open TDs, the Chiefs WRs weren’t lined up properly, but Mahomes still ran the play anyway because he saw the mismatch to exploit. Heady play.

He had the 26 yard run to setup the game winning FG. 

His QB rating was 131.8 (Hurts 103.4). QBR of 96.4 to Hurts 79.7.

For all the talk about how Hurts running ability opened up the running game for us, the chiefs running attack posted 26/158 (6.1 ypc) to our 32/115 (3.6 ypc). 

In the 2nd half, Mahomes went 10 plays, 75 yards, TD, 9/75/TD, 3/5/TD, and then 12/66/FG (likely would’ve been a TD if not for game situation).

Hurts 2nd half was 17/60/FG, 3/7/punt, 8/75/TD. 

Mahomes very much "deserved” the MVP. And if that penalty wasn’t called, KC settled for a FG and Hurts came back to win, Jalen would’ve deserved MVP. 

That’s the way she goes

Win the game and Hurts is MVP and Mahomes' dweeb little brother and wife aren't crying for undeserved attention. 

Archived