EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

What does 'his details just weren't up to where they needed to be' mean?  

If you watch Brown's TD catch, you see him fake the CB with early hands to pretend the ball is coming. CB turned around too early, Brown adjusted and then put his hands where the ball was actually being thrown.

I know Brown had talked about "late hands" a bit before the season, and I believe this is what Quez is talking about. Quez said he was running a good 2-3 yards with his hands extended, which gave the CB a better idea of when/where the ball was coming.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

If you watch the video, he spoke to the dropped pass.  He didn't have late hands.  He raised them to early and the defender had the opportunity to push against his shoulder.

I just want to know why he is always leaving his feet for catches. It must be driving coaches insane. 

Siri calls offense it is what it is, I don’t blame any team wanting our OC, dude hung 35 on Chiefs in Super Bowl 

Lost a little respect for Steichen, not gonna lie. Irsay is a nut, Sirianni probably told him beware of that organization with what they did to Reich and then hiring a freaking TV analyst as coach with no experience. Then you see other coaches like Dan Quinn and Ben Johnson go nah I want to stay where I am and try to get my team over the hump. And Steichen bolts at the first job offer at a second rate organization. Lame.

2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Siri calls offense it is what it is, I don’t blame any team wanting our OC, dude hung 35 on Chiefs in Super Bowl 

They also want someone who can develop a drafted qb

5 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

How come it didn't affect their offense as much?   They are constantly moving around and shifting, etc.

It comes down to 80% blame on Gannon and defense. 20% on the field and the Chiefs had to play on the same field as well.

I just don't want to be multiple weeks later and we're blaming the field for the loss.  Would look almost as bad as the 49ers still crying about their game.

It is different when you are defender reacting vs a receiver who knows where they are going.  The 1st Toney td the secondary thought they recognized the play and got schooled.  The 2nd td to Moore Maddox can be seen sliding as he was trying to change directions with the pre snap motion.

I'm not blaming the field entirely for the loss but to say it didn't have a big impact on the Eagles is just ignoring reality

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

They also want someone who can develop a drafted qb

Ya that’s a problem 

1 minute ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Yeah I’m not as upset with Steichen now as I was just after the game and yesterday.

At the end of the day, it was only a few play calls (although really bad) that anyone can fault the guy for during the game. The rest of the offensive game plan was pretty good, although I still wanted to see them being much more aggressive in the 2nd half than they were.  

Eventually late in the 4th quarter (when they were forced to) they became Aggressive again but that should have been the case since they came out in the 3rd quarter.

Is what it is now.  Good luck in Indy, well deserved. 

Patiently waiting for the "Thank you Jonathan Gannon” Eagles post. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Patiently waiting for the "Thank you Jonathan Gannon” Eagles post. 

Same, I'm refreshing twitter every few minutes just waiting. 

The fact they are discussing with him more today has me hopeful that today they are negotiating terms. 

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

On one hand,  a team playing in AZ with a dome probably figures there's no way a slippery surface factors in and may not be prepared.

On the other hand,  the way NFL teams pack for away games,  I can't see a team being unprepared.  No idea why they didn't change cleats. Have to assume they had them there.

There was a sideline reporter who said the Eagles were changing cleats in-game, while the Chiefs didn't.  It was clear to me the Chiefs were better prepared for the footing than the Eagles.  Lucky guess by the Chiefs equipment guys, or did they have intel?

Either way, the NFL should have to answer some serious questions about the field -- this was the Super Bowl.  Both teams should have been given 1-2 practices on it to acclimatize, instead of rolling it into the stadium the day before the game.   

13 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

How come it didn't affect their offense as much?   They are constantly moving around and shifting, etc.

It comes down to 80% blame on Gannon and defense. 20% on the field and the Chiefs had to play on the same field as well.

I just don't want to be multiple weeks later and we're blaming the field for the loss.  Would look almost as bad as the 49ers still crying about their game.

Just like playing in the mud, the offense knows where theyre going and the defense doesnt.  Huge advantage to the offense, especially if they get a running start on presnap motion.

Imagine being a defender, knowing you can barely plant your foot and cut, seeing your man on a dead sprint across the formation to the other side of the field.  Youd probably do what Darius Slay did, try to get a big jump on it.....whoops, your man just cut the other way, and you're done

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I just want to know why he is always leaving his feet for catches. It must be driving coaches insane. 

Its easier, honestly.  Youre bouncing up and down as your sprinting, if you jump, it levels things out for you at that instant.  Of course this separates WRs who have to slow down or use their body or jump to make a catch from guys who can just snatch it and keep going.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

YES.  And that moves the ball... its the same as running on your heels.  Every time your heel hits, it jerks your head and the ball moves in your field of vision.  Jumping for no reason changes the trajectory of the ball relative to your current path.  He just seems bad at tracking the ball and jumps as a last resort.

So one thing I was thinking about while wallowing in the disappointment: imagine if this game wasn't in AZ and it poured the rain down like in previous SBs, or maybe if there were huge wind gusts... Would have been a huge advantage for the Eagles.  Just total crap luck and theres nothing that we can do about it.

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There was a sideline reporter who said the Eagles were changing cleats in-game, while the Chiefs didn't.  It was clear to me the Chiefs were better prepared for the footing than the Eagles.  Lucky guess by the Chiefs equipment guys, or did they have intel?

Either way, the NFL should have to answer some serious questions about the field -- this was the Super Bowl.  Both teams should have been given 1-2 practices on it to acclimatize, instead of rolling it into the stadium the day before the game.   

They showed the cleats that were discarded in a pile on the Eagles side too

14 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Better yet... a game should have been played on it at some point before the Super Bowl, to test it out, so that adjustments could have been made.  The idea that it takes two years to grow sod for a football field and that it should cost $800,000 is just ludicrous to me.   But, more ludicrous than that is to fail so miserably in that one job.  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Better yet... a game should have been played on it at some point before the Super Bowl, to test it out, so that adjustments could have been made.  The idea that it takes two years to grow sod for a football field and that it should cost $800,000 is just ludicrous to me.   But, more ludicrous than that is to fail so miserably in that one job.  

Really mind boggling.  I just can't help but think that the outcome would have been different on almost any other field.  Imagine it being at So Fi last year's site.  I don't think  Reddick, Sweat and company are falling down every play trying to turn the corner and push up the middle.  Bend and speed on the edge with pressure in middle is how this team racked up the most sacks in over 30 years.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Is that an indicator they're moving on from the run first scheme with Lamar?

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He gone. 

Good for him. We got one, pretty cheap year for an all-pro CB, he deserves a pay day. Fair trade. 

Archived