EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

22 minutes ago, RLC said:

Jalen Hurts was sensational. He's the guy. 

I think everyone but the extreme haters have felt he's QB#1

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

How about this one? Cause I have no clue at this point...

image.png.334271712a3d15599360d91f9807a09b.png

The offseason always reminds me how I wish I was into college ball so I could know who these draft prospects are lol

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RLC said:

AJ Brown should not have said that, even if he's right.

You can always say the truth.   You can tell hes still really upset about it, Im sure he wouldn't have said that if the Eagles got the ball back with 1:40 like they should have.  Probably a little hindsight and raw emotions coming through.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yikes that’s definitely not something you want to see said out loud. I thought that when mahomes got the ball with 5 mins left cause i figured it was gonna be the final possession. At that point i figured whoever had it last was winning so still up for grabs 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He's not wrong.  I felt the exact same way in that moment.   That's where they lost the ability to 'hold serve' as an offense.  The 3 and out that followed was inexcusable. 

48 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There was a sideline reporter who said the Eagles were changing cleats in-game, while the Chiefs didn't.  It was clear to me the Chiefs were better prepared for the footing than the Eagles.  Lucky guess by the Chiefs equipment guys, or did they have intel?

Either way, the NFL should have to answer some serious questions about the field -- this was the Super Bowl.  Both teams should have been given 1-2 practices on it to acclimatize, instead of rolling it into the stadium the day before the game.   

The NFL says "screw you, you can't make us answer questions"

So, since I don't want to talk about Sunday or how awful all the logistics were (we walked to a Dave & Busters to wait 90 minutes until our driver could get out of the lot), here are my initial thoughts on the offseason. 

Offense

Isaac -- been nice knowing you, but he's going to get a nice contract somewhere else. If Kelce comes back, then let Jurgens and Driscoll battle for the spot. If Kelce walks, then Driscoll's job to lose. I'm not worried since we have Stout.

Sanders -- let him test free agency, and I think someone pays him. If he's still sitting out there unsigned after 4-6 weeks, maybe throw a cheap 1 year deal at him. But most likely Miles is gone.

Jalen -- just get the deal done before Burrow and Herbert. I'm sold

Defense

Cox -- you'll be in the Eagles HOF one day, but it's time to move on.

Hargrave -- I'd like to resign him, but I think he may get a massive offer elsewhere. At almost $19mm, the tag really isn't an option. He's #2 on my list to bring back.

BG -- I'd do a reasonable 1 year deal with BG if he'd take it

TJ -- reasonable 1 year deal possibly, but nothing big

White -- let him walk and elevate Dean. If he's unsigned after a couple months and desperate, maybe another 1 year cheap deal

Bradberry -- no way in hell we can afford him. Go CB in draft and/or look for another 1 year prove it deal for a vet

Epps -- if he's cheap enough, sure. Otherwise, let Blankenship take the job

CJGJ -- this is where I spend the $$. He's a must to bring back. Top priority

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

So, since I don't want to talk about Sunday or how awful all the logistics were (we walked to a Dave & Busters to wait 90 minutes until our driver could get out of the lot), here are my initial thoughts on the offseason. 

Offense

Isaac -- been nice knowing you, but he's going to get a nice contract somewhere else. If Kelce comes back, then let Jurgens and Driscoll battle for the spot. If Kelce walks, then Driscoll's job to lose. I'm not worried since we have Stout.

Sanders -- let him test free agency, and I think someone pays him. If he's still sitting out there unsigned after 4-6 weeks, maybe throw a cheap 1 year deal at him. But most likely Miles is gone.

Defense

Hargrave -- I'd like to resign him, but I think he may get a massive offer elsewhere. At almost $19mm, the tag really isn't an option. He's #2 on my list to bring back.

White -- let him walk and elevate Dean. If he's unsigned after a couple months and desperate, maybe another 1 year cheap deal

Bradberry -- no way in hell we can afford him. Go CB in draft and/or look for another 1 year prove it deal for a vet

Newb here, but I have a question...

Do you see anyone taking a "home town discount deal" Specific Bradberry? Seems like he would rather win and get paid rather than just getting paid a stupid amount to play for a bad team

IMO theres no way Burrow and Herbert sign extensions before Hurts.  They have an extra year and theyll just wait to see what Hurts gets 

11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Why didn't the video clip have him actually saying it? I didn't hear him saying "I knew we were gonna lose."

1 minute ago, DelEagles1984 said:

Do you see anyone taking a "home town discount deal" Specific Bradberry? Seems like he would rather win and get paid rather than just getting paid a stupid amount to play for a bad team

I think if bradberry wasn’t 30 and this wasn’t his last big contract that would be the case. However i think he’s going to a team that pays him close to the most he can make and can win. 

13 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

How about this one? Cause I have no clue at this point...

image.png.334271712a3d15599360d91f9807a09b.png

Haven't gotten into draft mode at all yet. I like Ringo's size and length but he wouldn't be a fit at all if Gannon is still here. His skill set is going to limit him. 

1 minute ago, DelEagles1984 said:

Bradberry took an under-market 1-yr deal this season - he's looking to get that last big contract.

BG I think is the guy that comes back on a reasonable 2yr deal to fill the Chris Long role.  

6 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Offense

Defense

I agree with nearly everything you say except Hargrave. I would use the Tag on him. 

7 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Offense

Defense

If BG wants to keep playing then I hope Howie figures something out. He's not allowed to sign to another team

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Haven't gotten into draft mode at all yet. I like Ringo's size and length but he wouldn't be a fit at all if Gannon is still here. His skill set is going to limit him. 

Doesn't Joey Porter Jr. apparently have long, Gumby-like arms?

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Why didn't the video clip have him actually saying it? I didn't hear him saying "I knew we were gonna lose."

I’m in a spotty internet area so I can’t play videos. That’s lame by the reporter. 

That explains why Brown just tweeted "click bait.”

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Dude, this week has been rough enough already. Don't say crap like that. I'm praying to Vishnu that the Cards hire that idiot.

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's not wrong.  I felt the exact same way in that moment.   That's where they lost the ability to 'hold serve' as an offense.  The 3 and out that followed was inexcusable. 

Yep. We played to not lose, we didn't play to win. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think if bradberry wasn’t 30 and this wasn’t his last big contract that would be the case. However i think he’s going to a team that pays him close to the most he can make and can win. 

100% agree. This is his last chance to get paid. No hard feelings -- he came in and balled out. Deserves to get real money one more time.

What's weird is, I was terrified about all the free agents and guys we'd lose. But actually listing it out, it's more manageable than I thought. CJGJ and Hargrave are the 2 guys to really work to bring back, and BG if it can be done. Everything else can be replaced other than Bradberry -- going to have to get lucky there. If Kelce comes back, the offense slides Jurgens in at RG and a new a couple new RB to go with Kenny (one draft, one cheap vet). On defense, you have Davis take over for Cox, Dean for White, and Blankenship for Epps.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m in a spotty internet area so I can’t play videos. That’s lame by the reporter. 

That explains why Brown just tweeted "click bait.”

He said "I had a bad feeling"

He didn't say "I knew we were going to lose"

Just now, Sack that QB said:

He said "I had a bad feeling"

He didn't say "I knew we were going to lose"

Well that’s only a gigantic difference. 

Archived