EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

My son is a sophomore at Michigan State University.  Luckily he was home during the shooting last night, but his home is a 2 minute walk from the Union where his friend was shot and is one of the critically injured.  

Definitely not the way I wanted to be distracted from the loss the other day 😢

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Good for him. We got one, pretty cheap year for an all-pro CB, he deserves a pay day. Fair trade. 

And we get a nice comp pick hopefully. 

33 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Lost a little respect for Steichen, not gonna lie. Irsay is a nut, Sirianni probably told him beware of that organization with what they did to Reich and then hiring a freaking TV analyst as coach with no experience. Then you see other coaches like Dan Quinn and Ben Johnson go nah I want to stay where I am and try to get my team over the hump. And Steichen bolts at the first job offer at a second rate organization. Lame.

I mean, there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs. If he passes on this, who knows if he gets another shot. I wish him nothing but the best (unless we are playing the Colts). 

I might prefer to trade Slay and keep Bradberry if we can’t afford both. But still, I think Howie will find a way to keep one of Hargrave or Bradberry. We better. Can’t go into a season where you want to get back to a SB with gaping holes at DT and CB.

47 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

@austinfan

I was trying to post this in the previous thread, in response to you saying our back 7 wasn’t good.

Any take that says our 2 starting pro bowl level CB’s and our starting pro Bowl level safety weren’t good enough and that’s the reason Gannon played it "safe” is ABSURD.

If Gannon can’t make it work with 3 pro bowl level players in the secondary then he shouldn’t be coaching in the NFL.

Listening to Benjamin Solak on the Philly special podcast, he said it perfectly about Gannon. his defense is built for the regular season. Cause you’re not gonna face  elite quarterbacks or really good quarterbacks every single week. So you can get away with playing that defense a majority of the season and winning a lot of games with it. When you get to the playoffs, you’re eventually gonna run into an elite/really good QBs . Patrick Mahomes is an elite Qb in the league, took what game took with Gannon was gonna give him. He is so good that he can consistently keep making the throws and its death by a 1000 papercuts. Gannon tried to make the chiefs methodical move the ball down the field. Was going to be bend bend bend bend but Mahomes and reid broke them in the red zone.

I agree with what Solak said on there. He said it better than what i typed out but he went into a 5 min discussion about it. He was a 100% right. When mahomes for his career against the eagles (both against Gannon) has his highest EPA per dropback, 10-10 im the red zone (which it’s 9-10 but only cause the chiefs wanted to kick a last second field goal so they actually accomplished their goal), completing 78% of his passes, only 12 incompletions in 57 throws, 1 turnover and only sacked 1 time in 2 games there’s a issue with your scheme working in big games against big time Qbs. Mahomes is great but those numbers i put out there are ridiculous and he wasn’t nearly as great vs. cincy twice this year, Buffalo and colts. So not like the eagles needed to be the best against them but they are the worst against him for his career. then factor in  you have most talent on defense that any eagles roster has had since 2017 and argument the early 2000s. Likely not having better talent on defense next year so chance it’s worse next time.

Whatever. Don’t want to hear the excuses. The Bengals held that same offense to 23 points the prior game. Make a Fing stop.

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Well, I've officially moved on. And no, I have no clue on any of these guys really.

image.png.7c107f46483d6c1ee3d64718a0efb841.png

image.png.c532877607e1d98cb986be282893a249.png

This draft looks great or sucks 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

This still means Gannon got worked.

Agreed. He got schooled, but maybe wasn’t a total dumb dumb either. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

This draft looks great or sucks 

How about this one? Cause I have no clue at this point...

image.png.334271712a3d15599360d91f9807a09b.png

Just give me CGJ and one of Hargrave or Bradberry for the big boy contracts. With the way to draft is shaking out (so far) it looks like CB is a better route to go with our high pick anyway.

Just now, ManuManu said:

Agreed. He got schooled, but maybe wasn’t a total dumb dumb either. 

We never really went 8 in the box or played press-man. That's how you can stop the run while also protecting the flats. Of course, you leave yourself vulnerable down the field...but make Mahomes increasing his ADOT passed 5 yards

48 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Lost a little respect for Steichen, not gonna lie. Irsay is a nut, Sirianni probably told him beware of that organization with what they did to Reich and then hiring a freaking TV analyst as coach with no experience. Then you see other coaches like Dan Quinn and Ben Johnson go nah I want to stay where I am and try to get my team over the hump. And Steichen bolts at the first job offer at a second rate organization. Lame.

Really?  Get a shot at the job you've been working towards and then say no?  There may a wave of hot coordinators next year and he won't see this opportunity again.

I have total respect for him.  

19 minutes ago, McMVP said:

My son is a sophomore at Michigan State University.  Luckily he was home during the shooting last night, but his home is a 2 minute walk from the Union where his friend was shot and is one of the critically injured.  

Definitely not the way I wanted to be distracted from the loss the other day 😢

That sucks.  So sorry to hear that.

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Whatever. Don’t want to hear the excuses. The Bengals held that same offense to 23 points the prior game. Make a Fing stop.

The players should not simply be absolved of blame.  When the Chiefs took possession with just over 5 minutes remaining, I said to myself this might be the last possession of the game.  The players knew that much better than I did.  Jump a route, strip the football, take a chance to make the biggest play of the game .... CJGJ did his best with two hard hits; I didn't see anybody else on the defense make a play all game long.  

Did the Chiefs have any completion with more than like 20 air yards?

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Love this dude.  100% real one and he could have had 200 yards if we really wanted him to

49 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

:fishing:

Yeah... it was so bad for Reich, that after he was fired by the Colts, he's landed on his feet and is a HC again with Carolina.  There are 32 Head coach jobs in the NFL.  Thirty-two.  Once upon a time some names were hot in the coaching circles... like Greg Roman.  Remind me what team hired him for Head Coach?  And what teams did he interview with this past year?

The opportunity to be a HC in the NFL isn't guaranteed every year.  When the opportunity comes, it would be a very hard thing for any coach to turn it down to remain an OC.  Lost respect for a guy taking one of the most prestigious jobs in the entire sporting world?   You are hilarious with your fishing takes.

Archived