EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, MrGreenBay said:

Hey Eagle fans what do you guys think about us losing Rodgers most likely?

PM RandomRegular you'll get your best response from him.  Good luck from the rest of us.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They are going to move to Vegas  

1 hour ago, garingovt2000 said:

CB Reese Taylor, Purdue

One of the most agile testers in this year’s class, Taylor was phenomenal at his pro day. He ran a 4.46 in the 40-yard dash while posting a 6.63-second three-cone drill and a 4.07-second short shuttle. These times would have ranked among the best across all positions at the Combine. Taylor’s agility would allow him to keep up with nearly any wideout in the NFL on breaking routes. He offers value as an athletic, if undersized, cornerback who should get an opportunity at the next level.

I brought him up the other day , he is more than a workout warrior , he can play 

10 minutes ago, MrGreenBay said:

I’ve said it before. We don’t really think about the Packers nearly as much as you imagine we do. We’re not even thinking about Rodgers.

5 hours ago, wussbasket said:

How would this even work? Are they going to put them in the AFL, or split the division across both conferences?

Every four years getting two international games. Just seems like a nightmare.  Why would they think this would be more successful than NFL Europe was. 

35 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

You are the guy who misreads the market and over-expands and becomes a business failure. Got it. No, that doesn't mean the NFL will become a failure, but you have that mindset. Oh, how have those other leagues doing that thought...hey there are a lot of college teams, so we will do great, right? Every single league has failed and it's because of talent. World League, Arena, XFL, etc. You don't see that either. We get it.

I’m not the one proposing it, 32 of the most savvy businessmen in the US are. You’re preaching to multi billionaires on your superior expertise in what they should do with their money.

The nfl isn’t any of those leagues, the nfl hasn’t stopped making winning decisions since the merger. If the nfl owners think it’ll be a big hit, that has a lot of weight. They’re literally the experts in the field

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Richard Rodgers?

Dick rod 

7 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I brought him up the other day , he is more than a workout warrior , he can play 

Sounds like a nickel corner.

10 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I’ve said it before. We don’t really think about the Packers nearly as much as you imagine we do. We’re not even thinking about Rodgers.

Packers???

Rodgers???

Never heard of em...

5 hours ago, MrGreenBay said:

Gosh, what will the eagles ever do if the packers go from missing the playoffs to… missing the playoffs

29 minutes ago, MrGreenBay said:

Seemed like the relationship had been strained for years. I think he'll do well with Jets

47 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Look on the bright side.  Less murders in the parking lot after the game.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Seemed like the relationship had been strained for years. I think he'll do well with Jets

He played pretty well last year all things considered. Getting an nfl caliber offense again will bring the best out of him

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

So weird SF can fill the park for weeks on end while the team loses 100 games, but not 30 miles to the East a division leading Athletics team can’t get to 60%  capacity

25 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’m not the one proposing it, 32 of the most savvy businessmen in the US are. You’re preaching to multi billionaires on your superior expertise in what they should do with their money.

Not sure id say all 32 owners in the NFL are savvy, some of those organizations are dumpster fires and horribly run, if the NFL wasn't an automatic cash cow some of these dudes would run a dairy queen into the ground.

Dan Snyder couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, the Browns have no clue what they're doing, the lions operate in a poverty ridden community and haven't ever won anything yet some how keep the lights on, Texans, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders etc...I wouldn't hire any of those owners to run my kids lemonade stand.

They're not savvy businessman they're just rich dudes who saw a business opportunity to make more money buy buying into a sure thing.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That's SF just across the bridge...

6 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

So weird SF can fill the park for weeks on end while the team loses 100 games, but not 30 miles to the south a division leading Athletics team can’t get to 60%  capacity

A's fans are like should I pay the water bill or go to an A's game and Giants fans are like should I go out on my yacht today or go to a Giants game...🤷‍♂️

Two totally different cities and fan bases though they're only separated by a bridge.

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Not sure id say all 32 owners in the NFL are savvy, some of those organizations are dumpster fires and horribly run, if the NFL wasn't an automatic cash cow some of these dudes would burn a dairy queen to the ground.

Dan Snyder couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag, the Browns have no clue what they're doing, the lions operate in a poverty ridden community and haven't ever won anything yet some how keep the lights on, Texans, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders etc...I wouldn't hire any of those owners to run my kids lemonade stand.

They're not savvy businessman they're just rich dudes who saw a business opportunity to make more money buy buying into a sure thing.

Yeah maybe not nfl savvy. But nearly all or all NFL owners are either self made, or come from a family of nfl ownership. Hard to say anyone would know the benefits or drawbacks of expansion more than that group

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Yeah maybe not nfl savvy. But nearly all or all NFL owners are either self made, or come from a family of nfl ownership. Hard to say anyone would know the benefits or drawbacks of expansion more than that group

No one is self made but that's another discussion.

But yeah as far as expansion goes they'd be the guys to know, as long as they don't get the USFL guys to help...😉

I just don't see it, I'm by no means savvy or a businessman, but just seems like way too many obstacles to be worth it not to mention I'm sure the players association would have problems with it ...

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

No one is self made but that's another discussion.

But yeah as far as expansion goes they'd be the guys to know, as long as they don't get the USFL guys to help...😉

I just don't see it, I'm by no means savvy or a businessman, but just seems like way too many obstacles to be worth it not to mention I'm sure the players association would have problems with it ...

Sure they are. Know plenty of them

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Sure they are. Know plenty of them

Really, I'd like to meet these people that wiped their own asses, fed themselves, dug their own wells, built their own roads, taught themselves to read and write and do math, they sound very talented and you are very lucky to know such rare beings...😒

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

michael-keaton.gif

Yes, and I’M the childish one. :roll: Guy took some time to be nice to you undeservedly and you come back with some gif from your hidden Michael Keaton spank bank thumb drive. What a loser. 

Archived