EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Next_Up said:

Do you think it is possible to have a worldwide league without countries worldwide having developmental football programs? The NBA went hard at China in terms of fostering developmental programs when it considered that an expansion market. If you look at Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, and Soccer, they all have a local base around the world and this gives them worldwide potential. Football has a deficit in this sense, I think, and this results in the problem of not generating enough high quality talent. In top of this, the US developmental programs are dwindling because of parental concerns about things like CTE. On the bright side, the travel issue might be addressed in 5-6 years with the reintroduction of hypersonic commercial travel. This would be less than current coast to coast travel, timewise. 

Hypersonic travel in 5-6 years. Happy April fools

On 2/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, ManuManu said:

Lol. Just insane. 

Honestly though it’s an indictment of the eagles equipment staff as much as anybody else. 

7 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Honestly though it’s an indictment of the eagles equipment staff as much as anybody else. 

How did you even stumble on that old post?

6 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

April 1st is a hard day to judge, because everyone still works and needs to put out authentic content in between the pranks

Adam Rank though… a guy just iffy enough to be believable

Click bait ranking and nothing more.  I think Fields will develop more, but he's not on Hurts level right now.  Hurts dedicated himself the way most don't.  You always here "first to arrive, last to leave" with these guys, but it's not always true - most of the time it's just jargon.  I don't think it is with Hurts.  He seems obsessed to improve.

But the thing that stands out most with this ranking is how damn weak the NFC QBs are...

20 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

How did you even stumble on that old post?

Clicked into pg 4 or whatever not paying attention when I meant to click the last page arrow 

3 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Clicked into pg 4 or whatever not paying attention when I meant to click the last page arrow 

I thought you were re-reading old Blog pages for fun. 

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I thought you were re-reading old Blog pages for fun. 

Haha yeah man that’s how I spend my Saturday, I read the entire blog 

Was thinking earlier today while out in a hike that I think the Eagles might go TE in round 2 or 3.  Goedert is about the age that Ertz was when the Eagles drafted Goedert.

Seranthony Dominguez has an ERA of "INF”. 

Impressive. Very nice. 

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Was thinking earlier today while out in a hike that I think the Eagles might go TE in round 2 or 3.  Goedert is about the age that Ertz was when the Eagles drafted Goedert.

Isn’t that calcaterra?

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Seranthony Dominguez has an ERA of "INF”. 

Impressive. Very nice. 

Phillies bullpen looks to be worse than when we had Familia to start last year. Also nola and wheeler didnt look good. I think they’ll turn it around but i think pitching late into October/early November (nola career high innings) might affect wheeler and nola this year. Think they’ll be solid but maybe not as great as they were last regular season. It’s why I think their offense has to be even greater to make it back to the World Series. Plus you already dealing with injuries to painter and ranger.  I tend to think at the deadline their biggest need might actually be a front line of the rotation starter 

12 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Isn’t that calcaterra?

He's a 6th round draft pick that got injured and didn't show a whole lot.  Highly doubt if they look at him as the eventual replacement to Goedert.

50 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I've been pounding the table for TE2 since last year looking ahead to this draft class.  Kraft is a really nice player.

Did I miss something? I thought we have 5 picks and the PFN simulator is giving us 6. Anyway, this couldnt have gone any better.

image.png.86a9560474d74d5afbf6de75dc3ff774.png

6 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

World League failed. XFL failed. Arena failed. Every league failed taking the best players not on NFL rosters and trying to put a product together people could watch. Take those people who suck and throw them on NFL rosters and the talent level and product will go down. It's that simple but you won't get it and I'll just keep posting this. 

You are oversimplifying. If Campbell’s Soups takes its overrun tomato soup and cans it with a non-Campbells label, it will not sell as well even though it’s the exact same soup.  If they can that same overrun soup with a Campbells label  … selling it on the same shelves in the same stores … it will sell well.  

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

We get it XFL fanboy. You don't understandand want 200 more Nasty Nates on teams. 

They’re already here, no? Every time we’ve expanded before. Even The Philadelphia Eagles were an expansion team once before, long long ago.

But this isn’t about what I want or you want, you said it wouldn’t work. That’s disproven every single time the nfl has expanded and congruently built its audience. As if every previous time doesn’t matter, and only the next time is the true litmus.

On 3/27/2023 at 5:26 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure DJ Turner has gotten enough pub in this draft. Hes one of the better CBs. Played for Michigan. Excellent in man coverage, and ran a 4.26. Elite athlete with football skills.

Just in case, Simms #2 CB ahead of Gonzalez slightly

4 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Which one Victor Mature or Leezy?

Victor to the best of people.  Mr. Mature or Very Mature to RTK.

33 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

They’re already here, no? Every time we’ve expanded before. Even The Philadelphia Eagles were an expansion team once before, long long ago.

But this isn’t about what I want or you want, you said it wouldn’t work. That’s disproven every single time the nfl has expanded and congruently built its audience. As if every previous time doesn’t matter, and only the next time is the true litmus.

Nasty Nate keeps believing. 

I’d be ok with upgrading TE2 next year when we’re stocked on draft picks. This year with only 6 and needing defensive talent, I’ll pass. I was just fine with the backups that played when Goedert was out. 

10 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’d be ok with upgrading TE2 next year when we’re stocked on draft picks. This year with only 6 and needing defensive talent, I’ll pass. I was just fine with the backups that played when Goedert was out. 

Why not take advantage of an insanely deep TE class this year instead of waiting another year?  Goedert is on par to miss 4+ games every year.  He's a top 3 TE when he's on the field but that hasn't happened for a full 17 yet.  Howie can get more picks this year, at least I hope he can.  CB is probably 3 rounds deep in this draft and the Eagles are tied to their 30 year+ aging veterans and Maddox for at least another 2 years.  They can upgrade CB in other ways, hopefully by trading because I have no faith in Howie making a good draft pick at DB. 

Just now, bpac55 said:

Why not take advantage of one an insanely deep TE class this year instead of waiting another year?  Goedert is on par to miss 4+ games every year.  He's a top 3 TE when he's on the field but that hasn't happened for a full 17 yet.  Howie can get more picks this year, at least I hope he can.  CB is probably 3 rounds deep in this draft and the Eagles are tied to their 30 year+ aging veterans and Maddox for at least another 2 years.  They can upgrade CB in other ways, hopefully by trading because I have no faith in Howie making a good draft pick at DB. 

Because the presence of AJ & Devonta makes me less concerned if Goedert goes down, and our backup TEs were productive enough. It’s not just CB, it’s DL/LB also. Once that Jalen contract hits, we’re limited on the shopping we can do in FA. This bargain bin FA strategy worked out exceptionally well last year, no guarantee it’ll happen again. The Eagles need to start developing homegrown defensive talent. Not to mention depth on the OL is a concern. I’m also more concerned about WR3 than TE2 at this moment. 

Archived