EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

5 hours ago, just relax said:

I used to love listening to Kallas and Ashburn on hot summer nights. You could walk through neighborhoods and hear them through open windows. Most of the time the Phils were dreadful but those two were like Bach and Beethoven. I don't know if I was so much a Phillies fan as a fan of Harry and Whitey.

Agree 100%.  Their interplay was beautiful... and they let the game breathe.  There wasn't a constant barrage of talking either.  You could actually hear the sounds of the ball park in the background.  It was so relaxing.  And I say that as a kid who was listening to it.  

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Is the LB situation uncertainty or weakness?

Right now, I'd say uncertainty.  Dean could prove to be a star in waiting - who knows?

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Oh look another post of you quoting me where you're trying to hurl a personal insult. 

Let me speak in a language you can understand…

7467426D-56C6-4005-86F6-975A993CE2B6.gif

5 hours ago, just relax said:

I used to love listening to Kallas and Ashburn on hot summer nights. You could walk through neighborhoods and hear them through open windows. Most of the time the Phils were dreadful but those two were like Bach and Beethoven. I don't know if I was so much a Phillies fan as a fan of Harry and Whitey.

Kalas came in I believe when the Vet opened in 71.  Phils really only had a couple of bad years from there.  Once Paul Owens was elevated to F.O. in 72 and started working full time as a GM in 73, the beginning of the first golden era of Phillies baseball began.

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I hope Rodgers makes the jump to Minnesota next year and beats the Packers every time.

Woah woah woah… I don’t know about you but I can’t get behind the Vikings winning games outside of our division. Those whiny, passive aggressive fans don’t deserve joy. 

19 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

@Moderator6 what would it take to reinstate every banned poster on draft day? I want chaos 

As Ranters only in Rant and Rave? I'm all for that.

They can all get in yelling matches with HJ29

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

The old 1970s Pittsburgh Pirates were the best dressed baseball team I can remember.  The colors, the hats, and the stars on the hats 

image.jpeg.414b419963a59193e2b4529af40cc174.jpeg

Loved Kent Tekulve.  Side winder.

12 minutes ago, Procus said:

Kalas came in I believe when the Vet opened in 71.  Phils really only had a couple of bad years from there.  Once Paul Owens was elevated to F.O. in 72 and started working full time as a GM in 73, the beginning of the first golden era of Phillies baseball began.

Had a hard down turn after 1983... 

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Let me speak in a language you can understand…

7467426D-56C6-4005-86F6-975A993CE2B6.gif

chipper_zps305d83eb.gif

27 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Is the LB situation uncertainty or weakness?

There's always uncertainty and a best case scenario but I think most neutral observers would call it a weakness

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Had a hard down turn after 1983... 

After that idiot Bill Giles took the reigns of the organization from Ruly Carpenter's steady hand.  First move is to trade Larry Bowa for a bowl of rocks and throw in a young Ryne Sandberg.  Giles is one of the biggest villains in Philly sports history.  Moron marginalized Paul Owens who built the greatest Phillies teams of all time up to that era.  I'll never forgive him.

Its not ironic to later sign a free agent that you were interested in drafting.

Slay saying goodbye to Philly only to rework his contract and stay is ironic.

Trading away Nick Foles only to have him later win the SB with the team as a backup to your #2 overall pick is ironic.

Irony usually leaves you with the effect of "I did not see that coming"

A psychologist who you think is helping a troubled child who sees ghosts actually being one of the ghosts is ironic.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its not ironic to later sign a free agent that you were interested in drafting.

Slay saying goodbye to Philly only to rework his contract and stay is ironic.

Trading away Nick Foles only to have him later win the SB with the team as a backup to your #2 overall pick is ironic.

Irony usually leaves you with the effect of "I did not see that coming"

A psychologist who you think is helping a troubled child who sees ghosts actually being one of the ghosts is ironic.

Rain on your wedding day is ironic.  So is a death row pardon, 2 minutes too late.

10 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Rain on your wedding day is ironic.  So is a death row pardon, 2 minutes too late.

10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Shoutout to the sexiest bass player in the world.

28883F06-95F8-4F56-8BEB-DA4E1084EE0C_1_2

schwing.gif

23 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Rain on your wedding day is not ironic 

Neither are the spoons when you need a knife.  Unless you work in a knife factory.  

46 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Rain on your wedding day is not ironic 

I don't think there were any ironic hypotheticals in her song.

But she did give Uncle Joey a hummer in a theater. 

Pretty sure that Jagged Little Pill was birth control lol

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

A little too ironic

Archived