EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Carter will likely go onto be a great pro.  Pro Days and combine are overrated so much by people.

13 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

That's what is always funny about here. Every single pro personnel analyst has Carter as a top 3 talent in this draft but they are sure their analysis is better.

I'm completely open to changing my mind on him, but I haven't heard anyone yet give a compelling reason why he is so good. To be fair, I didn't follow GA closely.

What is it about him that makes him so good? (Please don't send me a YouTube highlight of him lifting someone with one arm). He has lived on a loaded d-line and I have a "rising tides raises all ships" paranoia with anyone that comes from it (including Davis last year).

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texans could be tanking for Caleb…or smoke screen 

That would be foolish. There's no guarantee they get #1 overall. They didn't even this past season and they were horrible.

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I get it. Trade back and gather a bunch of picks if they don’t really love a guy 

21 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

That's what is always funny about here. Every single pro personnel analyst has Carter as a top 3 talent in this draft but they are sure their analysis is better.

Jalen Carter has been the best defensive player, on the best team, for 2 years. He flashes constantly on tape. There just aren't 10 better players in this class.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

That would be foolish. There's no guarantee they get #1 overall. They didn't even this past season and they were horrible.

Eh… if they trade back and get an extra 1st and 2nd and don’t really like any of the QBs… I get it. 

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Do you figure a 190-lb QB will be a franchise player at the position?  It's never happened in the NFL.

If the Panthers take Stroud at #1 the Texans should give out three phone numbers for teams to call to trade out.  

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I get it. Trade back and gather a bunch of picks if they don’t really love a guy 

Tbh I’m not a huge on young. Frankly Young likely getting destroyed for a year with where the Texans are. Might be better off just being bad again and stocking up on young talent if they don’t love young then go for a potential generational type prospect in Caleb Williams 

12 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Also beat a woman to a pulp that was caught on video. 

That happened when Simmons was a senior in  high school, not a week before the combine.

I'm sure NFL evaluators were aware of that video but it was 4 years earlier so not sure it would have role in Simmons dropping, dude was still drafted in the 1st round right where most had him going.

I actually really liked him coming out, thought he was a Fletcher Cox clone, same school, same size etc...

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Do you figure a 190-lb QB will be a franchise player at the position?  It's never happened in the NFL.

If the Panthers take Stroud at #1 the Texans should give out three phone numbers for teams to call to trade out.  

If they don't like Young they don't like Young, but if they do like Young, but are waiting until next year for a QB because they think they can get Williams then that would be stupid.

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Not if they don’t love young nor think he’s a franchise Qb. Then you are just drafting a QB cause he’s a Qb and you have a need. You don’t just draft QBs cause it’s a massive need and you simply like but don’t love them. you have to love the Qb if you are taking one inside the top 5 heck top 10. 

if they don’t love bryce young it makes perfect sense. Frankly think it’s a smokescreen 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not if they don’t love young nor think he’s a franchise Qb. Then you are just drafting a QB cause he’s a Qb and you have a need. You don’t just draft QBs cause it’s a massive need and you simply like but don’t love them. you have to love the Qb if you are taking one inside the top 5 heck top 10. 

if they don’t love bryce young it makes perfect sense. Frankly think it’s a smokescreen 

I meant it would be stupid to pass on someone they like because they think they like someone next year better.

My most wanted player in the draft at the end of the first or if they can somehow trade back/up to early 2nd to get him.  That speed at RB would add so much firepower to the offense.  I could see him continually busting off huge runs behind this offensive line.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He'll go between 32-45 which is about where he should be.

7 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I meant it would be stupid to pass on someone they like because they think they like someone next year better.

I’m not taking a Qb at 2 cause I "like” them. If i LOVE him I’m taking him. It’s just as stupid to take a Qb at 2 simply liking them and not being in love with them. The eagles were in love with wentz it’s why they did what they did. The cardinals weren’t in love with rosen but they liked him to nab him highly. It didn’t work out cause they weren’t all in and only liked him but weren’t sold and in love with him it’s why they moved on as quick as they did 

if i only like young and not in love with him then I’m not taking him. Do you marry someone cause you like them or are marrying someone cause you love them? There’s a massive difference. 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Who writes this nonsense?

Why the hell would a team pass on a QB  at pick two then trade up to pick 3 to get a QB.🤷‍♂️

Just take that QB at 2.

Also I thought the Panthers as of last week were taking stroud now it's assumed they are taking Young?

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m not taking a Qb at 2 cause I "like” them. If i LOVE him I’m taking him. It’s just as stupid to take a Qb at 2 simply liking them and not being in love with them. The eagles were in love with wentz it’s why they did what they did. The cardinals weren’t in love with rosen but they liked him to nab him highly. It didn’t work out cause they weren’t all in and only liked him. 

By like I meant someone they think is a franchise QB. I just assume for a team to take a QB top 3 they must think they're a franchise QB. But generally speaking if you grade a guy as an elite QB prospect, but pass on him because you think you might have a shot at a guy next year you like better, then that would be stupid because there's no guarantee you get them. If they don't take Young because they don't view him as elite then it obviously is a different scenario.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Who writes this nonsense?

Why the hell would a team pass on a QB  at pick two then trade up to pick 3 to get a QB.🤷‍♂️

Just take that QB at 2.

Also I thought the Panthers as of last week were taking stroud now it's assumed they are taking Young?

If i could get Williams and stroud/young (assuming they love either one) is much more enticing then just getting one. That said not sure Cardinals are for losing a top 3 pick for 2024 Texans pick and 12th overall pick and some other picks. Williams is a hell of a haul at 3 for a team badly needing DL

What do you think about going back to Ole Miss for another WR?  Big strong slot WR with very good hands.  I've seen some sites compare him to Anquan Boldin

image.thumb.png.de352feff55e9a62ef1f034f05a0f77b.png

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd rather Nolan than Van Ness.  I don't like Solak but he made a compelling case at how Van Ness lacks any real technique and football smarts and has just gotten by in college off of his athletic ability.  Can he develop? Sure, but it calls into quwarion why he never really developed in college.  Guys that get by just by beating less talent at the college level but don't show the ability to really craft their ability are concerning to me.

The counter to that though is someone like Metcalf who was that in college and was thought of someone who can't run proper routes but has become a great WR at the pro level.

Isn't the exactly what Jalen Carter is?

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Pretty sure Fletcher Cox did the street racing thing at one point but no accident.  That was extremely tragic but from a football standpoint I think the red flags would be related to other things like desire and ethic.

The red flag isn't the street racing.  The red flag is leaving his dead friends behind.

9 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

What do you think about going back to Ole Miss for another WR?  Big strong slot WR with very good hands.  I've seen some sites compare him to Anquan Boldin

I was intrigued by having another WR in the mold of AJ Brown. But Mingo doesnt play as strong. Seems pretty raw too.

Another guy, Id be ok with. But I dont feel like I have to have him.

1 hour ago, wussbasket said:

He was previously pulled over for doing 90 in a 45 before his latest incident. Obviously it didn't teach him any lesson as a few months later he is street racing again which leads to the death of 2 individuals. He left the scene of the crash and texted his buddies to go to the crash. Police asked his buddies why they were there and how they knew about it and they all pointed to Carter. Carter was asked to come back to the scene and he pretended he didn't even know who was in the crashed vehicle or who the victims even were. He didn't stop to help. He didn't call 911 to even report it. He texted his buddies first, that was his reaction to a car filled with people he knew that ended up in a ditch after racing at high speeds.

Now he's refusing to interview or visit teams outside of the top 10? Is he trying to hide or prevent more **** behavior from leaking?

That's the guy you want to draft at 10? Someone that puts himself first and doesn't care about his teammates?

Preach GIF - Robert Downey Jr Praise The Lord Preach ...

5 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Not a bad prospect, but the downfield speed might be the issue for us.  Especially if we're looking to replace Quez, we either need someone with similar speed to produce or we need a Hunter Renfrow/Cole Beasley type where they're quicker rather than fast. 

He might work if he's going to be used as a Pascal-type of receiver.  If they've got him going in the 4th/5th round it'll be tough for us to get him unless we start hopping around the draft board.

Archived