EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

This talk of drafting a TE high because of them drafting Goedert when they had Ertz is ridiculous.

They wanted to run a 2 TE set back then mainly because Alshon was on his last legs and they had nothing else at WR.

They don't have to or want to run 12 personnel with the talent they have now.

I don’t think it was all because of the talent at WR, but they certainly wanted to run two-TE sets at a much higher rate than they do now. Much of it is because of how it helps Stout design the run game, but we armrest trying to make it our highest personnel set anymore. 

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

This talk of drafting a TE high because of them drafting Goedert when they had Ertz is ridiculous.

They wanted to run a 2 TE set back then mainly because Alshon was on his last legs and they had nothing else at WR.

They don't have to or want to run 12 personnel with the talent they have now.

There isn't anything stopping them from going Brown/Smith/Goedert/TE2/whatever RB. 

They didn't want to do it last year because they still thought Quez was going to be a bigger contributor than he was.  Shouldn't be any illusions of that this year. 

4 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Truth isn't slander except to those who can't accept

You are saying that you KNOW FOR A FACT that Aero is in reality Nate Ilaoa?

2 hours ago, pallidrone said:

I like Demus as a value pick. What's your thought on Andrei Isoivas?

I think in the right situation he could be a star.

Cant say. I havent gone too deep in prospects this year, and espcially not WR. I just dont think these guys are very worth the time considering the team has more pressing needs, and the group this year is underwhelming through and through.

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I've just got a few packs from wal mart so far.  

Looking to order more singles off ebay

Get anything good out of them or have you not opened them yet?

49 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

There isn't anything stopping them from going Brown/Smith/Goedert/TE2/whatever RB. 

They didn't want to do it last year because they still thought Quez was going to be a bigger contributor than he was.  Shouldn't be any illusions of that this year. 

Precisely.

Quez Watkins lined up on 681 snaps last season; 58% of the total offensive snaps.  Could Kinkaid, Washington or Mayer do more with 58% of the offensive snaps?  I wouldn’t doubt it.

There are lots of different ways to upgrade the offense.

10 minutes ago, Appalachian_Eagle said:

Get anything good out of them or have you not opened them yet?

Ive purchased 2 packs so far. A Panini Select, and a Donruss Optic. Nothing really good.

According to my Center Stage app, my best card is out of the Donruss pack, its a Zion Williamson Bomb Squad insert worth $6.99, and Luka Doncic Bomb Squad insert worth $6.50. 

17 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Precisely.

Quez Watkins lined up on 681 snaps last season; 58% of the total offensive snaps.  Could Kinkaid, Washington or Mayer do more with 58% of the offensive snaps?  I wouldn’t doubt it.

There are lots of different ways to upgrade the offense.

Not to mention you'd have the added benefit of their run blocking, which would fit nicely with a guy like Penny who lives off zone runs.  And Goedert with a new TE2 would be particularly deadly off play-actions. 

That benefits Hurts and the RB's in a big way.  Much more than Watkins' speed out of the slot. 

54 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ive purchased 2 packs so far. A Panini Select, and a Donruss Optic. Nothing really good.

According to my Center Stage app, my best card is out of the Donruss pack, its a Zion Williamson Bomb Squad insert worth $6.99, and Luka Doncic Bomb Squad insert worth $6.50. 

Never thought about using an app to value cards. Might see what my Reggie White number jersey card is worth.

2 hours ago, hukdonfoniks said:

And by doing that you completely remove the deep threat from the offense.

Quez had his issues but he helped keep defenses honest and forced the safety to respect his speed.

24 minutes ago, Appalachian_Eagle said:

Never thought about using an app to value cards. Might see what my Reggie White number jersey card is worth.

Ive used the ebay collections beta. Its better than nothing. I like it better for my son's pokemon cards than for sports cards. 

I just saw an ad for Center Stage on a youtube vid I watched last night. Worked pretty well for my basketball cards. Couple it couldnt recognize, but theyre pretty much all just common cards with no value so wasnt worried about it. 

I dont think theres an app out there that works perfectly. But Im guessing theyll all improve over time as their catalogue grows.

7 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Quez had his issues but he helped keep defenses honest and forced the safety to respect his speed.

AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith are both better big-play options than Quez.  Outside of one long reception against SF as a rookie I’m hard pressed to come up with any play Watkins has ever made as a deep threat 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

I see baseball is still very boring…

I think golf and tennis are boring. Therefore, I don’t watch it. 

9 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

There is nothing good on:

8 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Men’s tennis used to be excellent at the height of the serve-and-volley era with Sampras, and before that was Edberg, Becker, Wilander,etc.

Then they slowed the ball and courts down because the huge servers made it a sport of 3-4 shots per rally.  

There’s still Eagles fans out there that think we’re taking Bijan at 10. Lmao

23 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

What difference did it make last year?  AJ and Devonta did their damage on their own - they didn't need Quez out there to do what they did. 

Throw him out there in certain sub-packages.  Your 3rd WR can't just be a decoy. 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

I see baseball is still very boring…

It’s more boring when the Phillies continuously can’t hit

Guessing they are trying to maneuver up for a Qb. If I’m the cardinals I’d try to get Simmons, titans first this year (11th) as well as 2024 1st rounder (and then some if i could).Heck I’d ask for willis just as a throw in to try and see if i could get anything out of him 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Guessing they are trying to maneuver up for a Qb. If I’m the cardinals I’d try to get Simmons, titans first this year (11th) as well as 2024 1st rounder (and then some if i could).Heck I’d ask for willis just as a throw in to try and see if i could get anything out of him 

Might as well get Byard too

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Giving up on Willis already?

13 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Might as well get Byard too

Not sure they need the safety as much as a DL. They lost Allen. They also lost Jj watt to retirement. Basically what they have along the defensive line right now myjai sanders, rashad Lawrence, Levi fotu, Jonathan Ledbetter, Cameron thomas, manny jones, Kevin strong lj collier, Carlos Watkins and Eric banks. That’s an awful defensive line 

Buddha baker and jalen Thompson are competent at safety. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Giving up on Willis already?

I’m assuming attempting the move up to 3 means that’s the case. 

Archived