EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Guessing they are trying to maneuver up for a Qb. If I’m the cardinals I’d try to get Simmons, titans first this year (11th) as well as 2024 1st rounder (and then some if i could).Heck I’d ask for willis just as a throw in to try and see if i could get anything out of him 

I’ve kinda had a weird feeling this was going to happen, I’m sure Gannon would definitely take Simmons + some extra picks. 

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Giving up on Willis already?

3rd round pick from the previous regime doesn’t buy you much of a leash. 

I wonder if the Cardinals floated that out there to try and entice a small trade down to 4 with Tennessee’s division rival Indy. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

3rd round pick from the previous regime doesn’t buy you much of a leash. 

Vrabel seems to be over it with him anyway. 

35 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Vrabel seems to be over it with him anyway. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if vrabel wasn’t fully in on that pick when it was made 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Guessing they are trying to maneuver up for a Qb. If I’m the cardinals I’d try to get Simmons, titans first this year (11th) as well as 2024 1st rounder (and then some if i could).Heck I’d ask for willis just as a throw in to try and see if i could get anything out of him 

Whose the 3rd QB that they feel a trade up to #3 is worth it?

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Concussion issues isn’t accurate. He made the personal decision out of concern on long term impact from concussions to step away.  He was also looking at a possible change in direction from his college degree focus.   Certainly understand his reasoning. The damaged goods/committed to the game concerns dropped him in his draft rating despite a solid performance at SMU the year before. Benefited the Eagles who did their due diligence on him. IMHO, Stoll and Calcaterra make TE2 a lower BPA position than others for the team. 

Isn’t accurate?  He left the game because of concussions. If that’s not concussion issues to you, I’m sorry for you. 

""I went through all of last season [at SMU] with no issues at all, taking hits, and all that concussion stuff is almost three years ago now,” Calcaterra said. "In my opinion, in my mind, that's in the past and I've played a full year healthy and I'm ready to be playing just like everybody else."”

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Whose the 3rd QB that they feel a trade up to #3 is worth it?

Richardson or Levis. I’m guessing if they are moving up to 3 and jumping the colts it’s likely for levis. Could also be the cardinals trying secure some extra picks and trying to get the colts to move up 1 spot for levis 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Richardson or Levis. I’m guessing if they are moving up to 3 and jumping the colts it’s likely for levis. Could also be the cardinals trying secure some extra picks and trying to get the colts to move up 1 spot for levis 

Definitely feels like a Cardinal leak to try to build a market 

7 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I wonder if the Cardinals floated that out there to try and entice a small trade down to 4 with Tennessee’s division rival Indy. 

Was my first thought. Cards want to trade down to 4 or 7.

Give me a fair weather Phillies fan over this any day of the week...and he's not wrong with that tweet.

13 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ive purchased 2 packs so far. A Panini Select, and a Donruss Optic. Nothing really good.

According to my Center Stage app, my best card is out of the Donruss pack, its a Zion Williamson Bomb Squad insert worth $6.99, and Luka Doncic Bomb Squad insert worth $6.50. 

Fun hobby , collecting cards is just one of my many hobbies , I have thousands of cards , from all sports . I really focus on rookie cards 

I’m buying into Van Ness at 10. Someone on here last week compared him the Barnett… I think he has way, way more upside 

17 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m buying into Van Ness at 10. Someone on here last week compared him the Barnett… I think he has way, way more upside 

It's a horrible comparison.  Barnett was highly productive in college but not a good athlete but good bend.  Van Ness tests out as a very good athlete but not great bend and simply decent college production.

Barnett 4.88 40, 1.7 splits, 31 vert, 9 foot 9 broad, 6.96 3 cone, and 4.4 shuttle

Van Ness 4.58 40, 1.64 split, 31 vert, 9 foot 10 broad, 7.02 cone, 4.32 shuttle

Van Ness also 2 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier

12 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

It's a horrible comparison.  Barnett was highly productive in college but not a good athlete but good bend.  Van Ness tests out as a very good athlete but not great bend and simply decent college production.

Barnett 4.88 40, 1.7 splits, 31 vert, 9 foot 9 broad, 6.96 3 cone, and 4.4 shuttle

Van Ness 4.58 40, 1.64 split, 31 vert, 9 foot 10 broad, 7.02 cone, 4.32 shuttle

Van Ness also 2 inches taller and 13 pounds heavier

After listening to solak’s rant (on their last podcast) about van ness makes you not really want to take him at 10

I'd rather Nolan than Van Ness.  I don't like Solak but he made a compelling case at how Van Ness lacks any real technique and football smarts and has just gotten by in college off of his athletic ability.  Can he develop? Sure, but it calls into quwarion why he never really developed in college.  Guys that get by just by beating less talent at the college level but don't show the ability to really craft their ability are concerning to me.

The counter to that though is someone like Metcalf who was that in college and was thought of someone who can't run proper routes but has become a great WR at the pro level.

Anyone here pay for The Athletic?  They posted their top 100 last week...  Be interested to see what that looks like..  Even if you can't copy and paste maybe someone can simply write out their top 30-40

On 4/1/2023 at 10:09 PM, EaglePhan1986 said:

Oh I’m RTK I think about drafting tight ends when I’m out on my ghey little hike… I hope @olsilverhair was waiting in the woods for you 

Yay TE2!  It's so important right now!!  

George Costanza Dancing Through Park | Gifrific

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

After listening to solak’s rant (on their last podcast) about van ness makes you not really want to take him at 10

Doesn't he know how good the Bosas and the Watts are?  Those .... guys can really chase QBs.

LVN is a monster, of mythical proportions.

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Yay TE2!  It's so important right now!!  

George Costanza Dancing Through Park | Gifrific

Olsilverpubes waiting for just the right moment 

6A7793E8-865E-43D9-993A-73566461DAEB.jpeg

10 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

Isn’t accurate?  He left the game because of concussions. If that’s not concussion issues to you, I’m sorry for you. 

""I went through all of last season [at SMU] with no issues at all, taking hits, and all that concussion stuff is almost three years ago now,” Calcaterra said. "In my opinion, in my mind, that's in the past and I've played a full year healthy and I'm ready to be playing just like everybody else."”

He had concussions at OU but he not only stepped away from football, he stepped into a different career path as a firefighter.  He made the decision to leave football at age twenty after a few concussions at OU.  He was fully cleared after examination by multiple medical professionals before he returned to SMU and had no concussions there. So concussion "issues”, which your quote from him says he didn’t have, seems overstated.  So he is now over three years removed from the year where he had more than one concussion. (Probably driven by returning too soon.)  

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

More upside, definitely give him that. But I don't see the on field movement that I want for DE/DT. People say he's similar to JJ Watt. I don't see that at all, and I was a big fan of JJ coming out that year too. But DJ & Brooks say word on the street is he's going top 10, maybe top 9, which would be better. 

11 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He had concussions at OU but he not only stepped away from football, he stepped into a different career path as a firefighter.  He made the decision to leave football at age twenty after a few concussions at OU.  He was fully cleared after examination by multiple medical professionals before he returned to SMU and had no concussions there. So concussion "issues”, which your quote from him says he didn’t have, seems overstated.  So he is now over three years removed from the year where he had more than one concussion. (Probably driven by returning too soon.)  

You’re missing the point. Calling a situation where concussions lead a person to step away from a sport "concussion issues” is just how our language is used. I understand his career. Everybody does and it’s not complicated. 

Archived