July 9Jul 9 Isaac Johnson is my favorite 76ers center of all time.These jerks better stop talking to Gansey so he can pay attention get get a max contract written up quick.
July 9Jul 9 Philon is promising, but I think its looking like the better rookie year will belong to McCain. Philon does a lot of dribbling often going nowhere. Struggled to finish underneath. Needs to get stronger. 175lbs as a rookie is gonna be tough. He did still hit 40% from 3. But he started hot, and fizzled. He made 3 of them early, and finished 4/10 for the game.Maddox Jr had the biggest night. He doesnt look good at all, but the ball goes in the basket. I dont trust him on a nightly basis. Isaac Johnson was the star of the day. 20 points in 20 minutes. 4/6 from 3, and a block. Love it. But he needs to bring in more than 2 rebounds.Broome had a 19 and 13 double double but I still dont ever care to see him on an NBA court.
July 10Jul 10 7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:take this rumor with a dash of sugarSo, make a decision. Get it over with.
July 10Jul 10 11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:Philon is promising, but I think its looking like the better rookie year will belong to McCain.You gotta let go of your Morey hate, he is gone now. Philon does everything McCain can do but better. His dribbling is incredible. He is already the best dribbler on the team. His lateral shiftiness while dribbling was nice to watch. His handles will only get tighter in the next couple years. My biggest thing with him is adding muscle. If he does that, we won't even remember McCain's first name.
July 10Jul 10 22 minutes ago, Khani1 said:You gotta let go of your Morey hate, he is gone now. Philon does everything McCain can do but better. His dribbling is incredible. He is already the best dribbler on the team. His lateral shiftiness while dribbling was nice to watch. His handles will only get tighter in the next couple years. My biggest thing with him is adding muscle. If he does that, we won't even remember McCain's first name.It has nothing to do with Morey. I love Gansey. Id be giving him credit if I could. Its just 1 game but you can see his size might be causing him big issues. The IF is a big if. Guys like him bust out of the league all the time. Dillingham looked awesome in college. Shariffe Cooper to name a few recent examples. Terquavion Smith...Im not closing the book. Just in comparison to McCain, he had the bulk on him to be immediately effective in the NBA. Philon might not. His dribbling is nice to watch but unless its being used effectively, its more for a playground than the NBA. Players and coaches might get annoyed at him dribbling the way he did yesterday.
July 10Jul 10 17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:It has nothing to do with Morey. I love Gansey. Id be giving him credit if I could. Its just 1 game but you can see his size might be causing him big issues. The IF is a big if. Guys like him bust out of the league all the time.Dillingham looked awesome in college. Shariffe Cooper to name a few recent examples. Terquavion Smith...Im not closing the book. Just in comparison to McCain, he had the bulk on him to be immediately effective in the NBA. Philon might not.His dribbling is nice to watch but unless its being used effectively, its more for a playground than the NBA. Players and coaches might get annoyed at him dribbling the way he did yesterday.McCain has a much stronger base, that's for sure. But he is too small and not long enough to guard. Philon has a few inches of reach on him. So far, it seems they are about equal in shooting. Philon can dribble and distribute much better. Neither are very athletic but Philon can get to spots which McCain cannot. Yes, the major thing is his weight and muscle. I think between his work ethic and training with Maxey/VJ, he should be able to add 10-12lbs unless he is genetically screwed.
July 10Jul 10 3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:McCain has a much stronger base, that's for sure. But he is too small and not long enough to guard. Philon has a few inches of reach on him. So far, it seems they are about equal in shooting. Philon can dribble and distribute much better. Neither are very athletic but Philon can get to spots which McCain cannot. Yes, the major thing is his weight and muscle. I think between his work ethic and training with Maxey/VJ, he should be able to add 10-12lbs unless he is genetically screwed.I hope so. I was very happy with the pick at 22. I just dont have high expectations as a rookie. And its not a given he gets anywhere after that either.He did show good stuff last night. But also struggled most of the game and looked not ready.
July 10Jul 10 9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:I hope so. I was very happy with the pick at 22.I just dont have high expectations as a rookie. And its not a given he gets anywhere after that either.He did show good stuff last night. But also struggled most of the game and looked not ready.Hopefully while playing with any combo of Maxey, VJ, Brown, and Simons, he will have adequate spacing to learn his craft without being relied on too much right off the bat.
Create an account or sign in to comment