EMB Blog: 2024 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Unfortunate he has only two years left on his rookie deal

And he'll play decently, and Howie will give him a big contract now to get a 'deal'.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Also the stubbornness to keep Patricia when it was clear he wasn't right should be another bullet for Nick and Howie

We heard Siri take responsibility for that, but it sure seemed like it was all the FO doing it. If it indeed was the FO forcing the move, then what power does Siri have inside the building? Seems he is a puppet. Has no authority in the building, someone else calling his offense, being told who his DC is, etc...

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im thinking

1. DeJean or McKinnstry- CB

2. Liufau-LB

2. Nubin or Kinchens or Bullock- S

3. McMillan- WR

I won't be shocked if neither DeJean or K00lAid are available at 22. In R2, get Edge Cooper. That kid will be the force in the back 7 we've been lacking for a while. Kinchens will most likely be a late 1/high 2 pick. Bullock is a solid choice there though. Don't know much of McMillan. Gimme Malachi Corley.

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Kelce was getting annoying. The OL was garbage. He can go do podcasts and talk about his sister’s dating life 

Man who pissed in your cheerios? Oh yeah the eagles… carry on

• Haha 3

Just now, Cliftoma said:

The more I think about it the more I think Nick has to be gone.  I was thinking they could bring in established coordinators on both sides of the ball but what's the point.  Nick is just a glorified cheerleader and his cheerleaders wasn't up to par this season.  Bring in somebody who is a leader of men that can create an identity and who has rhe ability to manage one side of the ball.

Nick does the game plan and it's been horrible. He should definitely go

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Who, Siri?  No way he keeps his job.

If we fire Siri, we will look so reactive that no real coach will want to come here. Do I think he should lose his job after that collapse? Yes, but to fire a guy who is one year removed from a SB appearance, and not even a fluky one, one where we looked the part all season and lost both of our coordinators, it would look really bad. We're FAR more likely to get new coordinators.

• Like 2

Siri has to go or next year is a tank.

What good OC candidate or position coaches would be willing to come here when the HC starts the season on the hot seat?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Why? What value does he freaking bring?

Offensive mind? No

Defensive? No

Motivation? No

CEO skills? No

Developer of a staff? No

A great gardener though.  Strangely, he only grows flowers.   Real gardeners grow fruits and veggies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

And he'll play decently, and Howie will give him a big contract now to get a 'deal'.

And the fans will praise Howie

I'm not worried at all about this team long-term. We have some good, young pieces. We have an owner who spends. Howie if nothing else is active.

We beat the Bucs with an average coaching staff. Any new hire is an upgrade.

• Like 2

Do you know what just irritates me about this whole situation. Back in 2021, what did we all say? They need to rebuild the entire defense. Get a bunch of young players and build that defense over the next two years so that in for the long term they would have a young fast defense that was sustainable.

We are now in 2024 off-season and we’re talking about the same Fing thing. This team keeps finding itself in the same Fing position because they can’t crack the code of draft and development on that side of the ball to sustain it. FA and trades patch work it until it begins leaking all over the place again. 

• Like 5

The biggest indictment on Nick and the coaches was them getting laid out by ex players, coaches, and analysts last night. Aikman called them out on the broadcast, same with Manning, even Jay Gruden did on Twitter/X. It’s as clear as day to anyone who has an iota of a football IQ. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I won't be shocked if neither DeJean or K00lAid are available at 22. In R2, get Edge Cooper. That kid will be the force in the back 7 we've been lacking for a while. Kinchens will most likely be a late 1/high 2 pick. Bullock is a solid choice there though. Don't know much of McMillan. Gimme Malachi Corley.

Check out Liufau. Cooper is a popular name right now but people havent heard of the other guy yet. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Kelce was getting annoying. The OL was garbage. He can go do podcasts and talk about his sister’s dating life 

Really? You're bashing the most consistently great homegrown player of the last decade+?

• Like 6

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Check out Liufau. Cooper is a popular name right now but people havent heard of the other guy yet. 

Will do. I really had Cooper or Ford pegged as solid R2 guys.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Do you know what just irritates me about this whole situation. Back in 2021, what did we all say? They need to rebuild the entire defense. Get a bunch of young players and build that defense over the next two years so that in for the long term they would have a young fast defense that was sustainable.

We are now in 2024 off-season and we’re talking about the same Fing thing. This team keeps finding itself in the same Fing position because they can’t crack the code of draft and development on that side of the ball to sustain it. FA and trades patch work it until it begins leaking all over the place again. 

Mmmmhmmmm.  

That's what happens when you throw good picks and bad picks at WR position for years with no return.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Why? What value does he freaking bring?

Offensive mind? No

Defensive? No

Motivation? No

CEO skills? No

Developer of a staff? No

Only in Philly can you go from hero to zero overnight , he had team in the superbowl last year …. He didn’t forget how to coach 

seen this same scenario play out with Doug 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Really? You're bashing the most consistently great homegrown player of the last decade+?

Yep. 

Mmmmhmmmm.  

That's what happens when you throw good picks and bad picks at WR position for years with no return.

Yup. Also doesn’t help trading away picks for over the hill players, letting young talent walk to keep older players and not being able to identify defensive talent in the draft and develop talent consistently. 

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Nick does the game plan and it's been horrible. He should definitely go

Playoffs all three years and within a pube of a title last year…

is it a body of work decision? Or is this collapse just too much to fix?

tough call when we cant see the dynamic inside the building

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yep. 

Now that's what I call edgy. | Edgy | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Really? You're bashing the most consistently great homegrown player of the last decade?

He's not entirely wrong.  At 10-1 a podcast is a great side gig.  When the losing starts it needs to be put to the bin until the offseason.  Just another symptom that these players weren't all business.

Look at Travis Kelce's numbers -- worst since 2015 for yardage and lowest YPC of his career.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Some people just can't be pleased.