EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I think we are going to see a lot of talent on the streets.  I think at the very least the Eagles will be able to upgrade CB, RB and TE post cuts.

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I

Should be interesting year of cuts to say the least

I dunno, with the Eagles already in a bit of a crunch at 53 with injuries and emphasis on line depth, so I think it will be tough to be able to squeeze anyone new onto the active roster.  Add to that the expanded practice squad numbers meaning less talent walking from other teams, and I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a pretty dull deadline for us.  We'll see.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, greend said:

stop quoting knuckleheads, knucklehead. 

totally understood and re.......dammit.

58 minutes ago, greend said:

somebody start a blog so that Trotter can talk to himself since he's probably the only person that can understand him

naaa....I just got done watching "The Wire"...if I can understand Omar Little and Snoop, I can understand half the mopes, including Shocker,  in here. We just need the season to start to cull the herd in here

"The Wire" was total BS.... more than half the guys I knew who told me it was the greatest show EVUH?

They dead Snoop <g> 

1 hour ago, greend said:

stop quoting knuckleheads, knucklehead. 

seriously, TATE has an unending supply of morons and idiots

4 minutes ago, TrotterIsGod said:

"The Wire" was total BS.... more than half the guys I knew who told me it was the greatest show EVUH?

They dead Snoop <g> 

Cartoons probably overwhelm you as well....

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

To be honest, I think it's going to be a boring next couple days for the Eagles. 

Feel like 45 of the 53 we're locks coming in to camp and theres no huge salary dumps/hold outs/etc that are going to happen, nor is there room to bring in someone "of name". 

As for the rest of the NFL, or 24 of the 32 teams I think theres going to be a lot of shake and bake. 

Alshon is the biggest potential wild card, but that ball might not drop for another several weeks. However, considering the Jets WRs, I wouldn't be shocked if he got traded.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

These idiots...

So not only gaudy, but stupid as well. 

As much as people hate him or his lifestyle, they could use some financial tips from Gronkowski. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

These idiots...

I wonder if he bought a fur sink also, or a gasoline powered turtleneck sweater? 

31 minutes ago, TrotterIsGod said:

They dead Snoop <g> 

image.gif.b1e6d46d62e02e3922333c9f330a05fa.gif

QB: Wentz, Sudfeld, Hurts (3)

RB: Sanders, Scott, Clement, Holyfield (4)

WR: Jackson, Reagor, Arcega-Whiteside, Ward, Hightower, Watkins (6)

TE: Ertz, Goedert (2)

OL: Peters, Seumalo, Kelce, Pryor, Johnson, Driscoll, Mailata, Herbig, Tega-Wanogho (9)

DT: Cox, Hargrave, Jackson, Ridgeway (4)

DE: Graham, Barnett, Sweat, Curry, Ostman, Avery (6)

LB: Gerry, Edwards, Taylor, Bradley, Riley (5)

CB: Slay, Maddox, Robey-Coleman, Jones, LeBlanc, James (6)

S: McLeod, Mills, Parks, Wallace, Arnold (5)

Special Teams: Elliott, Johnston, Lovato (3)

PUP: Brooks, Jeffery, Hall

IR: Dillard, Perkins

Practice Squad: (16+1)

Adrian Killins, Michael Warren, Deontay Burnett, Manasseh Bailey, Noah Togiai, Luke Juriga, Sua Opeta, Shareef Miller, Casey Toohill, Raequan Williams, Anthony Rush, Alex Singleton, Rasul Douglas, Trevor WIlliams, Rudy Ford, Elijah Riley

Matt Leo (International Exempt)

---------------

In the end I think Killins, Burnett, Togiai, Juriga, Toohill, and Williams are the priority PS players that could make the squad if another team seems like they would come sniffing. 

Toohill has undoubtably shown more in practice than Avery but he is still very raw and I think Avery's experience will give him the edge here. It would almost be nice to be able to put Avery on the PUP but his injury doesn't seem that bad. Ultimately I think it will depend on if they think they'll be able to stash Toohill on the PS or not. He's undoubtably a more valuable long-term piece to the Eagles right now.  Probably wrong here. Almost hope I'm wrong.

I wanted to go with 5 at CB but couldn't see a good way to do it.  The best back up CB we have is LeBlanc who is a slot guy so unless we want to have just 3 outside CBs out there I had to add in a 6th.  Went with Craig over Douglas.  I have Douglas on the PS but IMO if he's cut he'll go somewhere else briefly before they realize he sucks.

Ford is another guy I could see making it just for ST purposes but with the injuries and how he played last year I had a hard time putting him in over Arnold.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Who would hate him for his lifestyle?  Young, not married.  Parties and bangs hot chicks.  I can't, for the life of me, understand why he would want to play again.  

Same. He's a bro, some people don't like that, I don't get it.

QB: Wentz, Sudfeld, Hurts (3)

RB: Sanders, Scott, Clement (3)

WR: Jackson, Reagor, Arcega-Whiteside, Ward, Hightower, Watkins (6)

TE: Ertz, Goedert, Togiai (3)

OL: Peters, Seumalo, Kelce, Pryor, Johnson, Driscoll, Mailata, Herbig, Tega-Wanogho, Opeta (10)

DT: Cox, Hargrave, Jackson, Ridgeway, Rush (5)

DE: Graham, Barnett, Sweat, Curry, Ostman (5)

LB: Gerry, Edwards, Taylor, Bradley, Riley (5)

CB: Slay, Maddox, Robey-Coleman, LeBlanc, James (5)

S: McLeod, Mills, Epps, Wallace, Arnold (5)

Special Teams: Elliott, Johnston, Lovato (3)

PUP: Brooks

IR: Dillard, Perkins, Hall, Parks, Jeffery, Jones

Not the initial 53, but my Week 1 roster prediction. With the new IR rules it makes sense to  pull Jeffery off PUP and put him on IR with Parks and Jones. I'm going 5 at DT until Hargrave is fully healthy, up to conditioning, and has a good enough grasp of the playbook. Epps is supposedly having a good camp, and was said to be better than Wallace as of right now. He's also really the only guy that could backup FS. Opeta is my 53 guy.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

can we have Iverson step over him at the intro of every game?

what a failure to find an HC

I'm interested to see if Billups will be on the staff.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Are you suggesting the possibility of putting Dillard on waivers? If so, not a chance in the world.

No. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am suggesting that Parks, Reagor will definitely be on the final 53 rather than season ending IR.  I am suggesting that is a possibility for Dillard and/or Wanogho as well..  If Dillard seems likely to the Eagles to be ready in week ten, for example, they might include him on the final 53 on 9/5 and IR him the next day.  Same with Wanogho if they think he is good enough and will be healthy at sometime during the season.  In contrast, Brooks and Jeffery are on PUP.  The can be activated after week six and then go to IR and brought back after three weeks. So Brooks and Jeffery don’t need to be considered when preparing for the cutdown to 53.  Parks, Reagor, Dillard and Wanogho do.  

So the Eagles need to who might be grabbed off waivers and who might make it to be recalled on 9/6. Epps, Arnold, Riley, Ford at S.  Go three deep on 9/5 plus Parks and IR Parks on 9/6 and bring back whoever they consider the best of the other four with at least one of the others going to PS. James, Jacquet, LeBlanc at CB. (BTW, Jones may be an initial IR candidate.). Miller, Toohill at DE.  Bradley or Singleton at LB, Burnett at WR, Opeta, Juriga, Good-Jones on OL, Holyfield, Warren, Killins at RB. All those bottom of the roster inactives we have been debating on cuts, trades and PS about are vulnerable to cuts 9/5 with call backs possible on 9/6. And some may be exposed on carrying Dillard or Wanogho to the initial active roster so they can be recalled from IR later.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC. Talk about settling.  

Yeah but at least we get this 

0E4723C8-646B-4007-A6C7-076EC6D9D446.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC. Talk about settling.  

Very real possibility he'll be worse than Brett Brown

It's tricky trying to fill out a 53-man roster because a day later, you'll end up putting some of those guys on Injured Reserve and then re-signing a few guys that you just released. I'm wondering if Nate Sudfeld could be one of those guys that you release at the cutdown with the idea of immediately bringing him back once the dust settles. There would be a risk that a team would claim him on waivers, but I'm not sure that's likely. Teams already know who their backup quarterbacks are going to be. At any rate, if it's not Sudfeld, I'm pretty sure there will be a "shocking" cut that will simply be a procedural move.

Heck, you could even release Jason Peters since he would not be eligible for waivers. Then you could sign him a day later to another contract that was already agreed upon, presumably one that would satisfy him and enable him to be penciled in as the starting left tackle. (Wow, imagine if this were the actual plan...just think about how many fans would lose their minds the instant they saw his name on the cut list!)

Archived