EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It really grinds my gears to see he went for that low and we traded a 4th for Avery 

I was excited when we traded for Avery because I assumed it was for a sixth or seventh round pick. 

When the news broke that it was for a 4, I was perplexed. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It really grinds my gears to see he went for that low and we traded a 4th for Avery 

No way to spin it, Howie's player trades as of late have not been good.

Best thing he's done was maneuver the back end of the draft this year.

These are young talented players jags are moving on from...either players wanted out or jags are tanking  for Lawrence,  they need to move on from coaching staff.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

With the cap crunch and the injuries, Howie should seriously consider whether this team can legitimately contend, and if not, whether it should be a one step back season and try to shed some cap and go with some kids and live or die with them.

It was one thing to go for a repeat after the SB, but this team is getting long in the tooth and needs a serious infusion of youth.

Agree in general.  Peters floated in the FA market for most of off-season showed the team wants to shed cap.  Infusion of youth took place in the draft.  The vets still around are the foundation type, where cutting may be hard to do.  If the young bucks, especially the WRs, deliver on or before schedule, this team stands a reasonable chance to advance to the playoff.  SB may be a bit reaching, though.

Re Rosen, they should just focus on Wentz and Hurts.  Enough to keep them busy this season.  Rosen can't come in now to replace Sudfeld as #2.  He does not have a fitting role in the packing order.

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Why would they even offer a less expensive contract than the one he already passed on?

Maybe next year’s cap situation played into it. Or you could be like the idiots on 975 saying they are trying to set wentz up to fail so they can trade him and go with hurts lol. 

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Why would they even offer a less expensive contract than the one he already passed on?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe they increased years?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Howie is the problem.  Well Lurie and Howie.  He created this mess.  I would much rather he not be involved in cleaning it up.  But that’s where Lurie’s loyalty comes into play.  

He built the Super Bowl champion.

IMO, the cap is still in disarray from the Chip season. He went through all the saved money and spent the last dime on Demarco Murray.

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

LOL

If two of Reagor, Hightower, JJAW, and Watkins show real promise this season it wouldn’t surprise me to see Ertz moved in the offseason 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

If two of Reagor, Hightower, JJAW, and Watkins show real promise this season it wouldn’t surprise me to see Ertz moved in the offseason 

You can’t give monster contracts to two TE’s. I’m thinking the same thing.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Maybe next year’s cap situation played into it. Or you could be like the idiots on 975 saying they are trying to set wentz up to fail so they can trade him and go with hurts lol. 

Right, but they had to know Ertz wouldn't take it. 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe they increased years?

Yeah, I'm sure they'll try to make his contract as manageable on the cap as possible. 

8 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

He built the Super Bowl champion.

No love for Joe......

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

if he wants travis kelce money, he has to be traded, no way howie can afford that, 10 or 11 million dollars for tight end? no way sorry not at his age.

24 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

COVID and Goedert. 

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Someone on here once said professional sports teams would never tank on purpose

But yet here we are... Jaguars got rid of their 3 best players in a week for draft picks for 2021 where a generational QB is coming out. Things that make you go hmmmm 

I don't recall anyone say sports teams don't tank on purpose

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I haven't been listening to Philly sports radio lately.  Are there people actually saying that?

Archived