EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Connecticut Eagle

I think Clement has a breakout year.  600 on the ground, 250 catching the ball 7 total TD's.  

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ace Nova said:

Huh? They waived both Warren and Holyfield?

Looks like Corey Clement is back to form, good for him.    (That's the only way I figured both Holyfield and Warren would have been waived).

That's really bad news for Dillard (and the Eagles).  Time for some guys to step up to the plate.  

Some of these guys will be back by Sunday too . Holyfield the likely candidate if they want to go 4 RBs unless they look for someone outside the team 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Howie created this cap mess by drafting like garbage and then signing older players to dumb contracts.   Lurie enables him.   

What cap mess?  Who haven't we been able to sign (that we needed to sign but couldn't)? 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Some of these guys will be back by Sunday too . Holyfield the likely candidate if they want to go 4 RBs unless they look for someone outside the team 

The only concern with Holyfield would be Rivera and Washington. He coached him last year and he can help them with some of our playbook stuff. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

So as of now we're going with 3 RB's?  Sanders - Scott - Clement? 

What cap mess?  Who haven't we been able to sign (that we needed to sign but couldn't)? 

Howie has had his missteps, but he couldn’t have predicted a pandemic. 

So as of now we're going with 3 RB's?  Sanders - Scott - Clement? 

That’s all they got, so yea 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Howie has had his missteps, but he couldn’t have predicted a pandemic. 

Right so how are we any better off (or worse) than most other teams? 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh uh. Wow.  So the cap problems we are in now is because of Chip Kelly and Demarco Murray?   Are "The One” for today?

Not sure about "The One,” but I thought we all understood that year to be the cause of the cap problems.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The only concern with Holyfield would be Rivera and Washington. He coached him last year and he can help them with some of our playbook stuff. 

Maybe. He didn’t try to protect him last year though he probably knew his Carolina time was coming to an end. Washington is actually pretty solid at RB with Peterson, Gibson, Barber and Love. 

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This aged very quickly 

Methinks there’s a veteran released or out there they might sign. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Howie created this cap mess by drafting like garbage and then signing older players to dumb contracts.   Lurie enables him.   

Please be more specific.

The Jeffrey move was a mistake and Slay wouldn't be necessary if he had hit on Jones.  What other obvious mistakes were made?

We have a lot of good players.  They cost money.

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Right so how are we any better off (or worse) than most other teams? 

Look at our cap number and lack of quality young players. We’re worse off than a lot of teams. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Methinks there’s a veteran released or out there they might sign. 

As of now no one moves the needle for me besides Freeman. But they could very well be waiting for cuts. Holyfield never really did anything for me and with Clement earning his spot, easy to see how he got pushed out

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

As of now no one moves the needle for me besides Freeman. But they could very well be waiting for cuts. Holyfield never really did anything for me and with Clement earning his spot, easy to see how he got pushed out

I was never a Holyfield guy. Frankly i did like killins but he doesn’t have enough experience as a returner. If he did i think they likely keep him. To me it made no sense at this point cause i doubt anyone claims him as he isn’t likely ready yet to contribute on special teams as a returner

im thinking someone gets released. Freeman would make sense if they wanted a no. 2 behind sanders and didn’t think scott could do it. Cause he offers no special teams. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’ll take DJ Chark off their hands 

Yes please.... heck I’d take westbrook if it were cheap. 

The Jags will be fielding a team of JAGs.

Interesting side note, apparently you can’t activate Jeffery from PUP and put him on IR so he only misses 3 games vs 6, per Kempski.

Caplan has been pretty adamant that Jeffery won’t start the season on PUP. I would. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was never a Holyfield guy. Frankly i did like killins but he doesn’t have enough experience as a returner. If he did i think they likely keep him. To me it made no sense at this point cause i doubt anyone claims him as he isn’t likely ready yet to contribute on special teams as a returner

im thinking someone gets released. Freeman would make sense if they wanted a no. 2 behind sanders and didn’t think scott could do it. Cause he offers no special teams. 

Yes please.... heck I’d take westbrook if it were cheap. 

I don’t imagine we’ll have much interest in outside receiver help. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I don’t imagine we’ll have much interest in outside receiver help. 

I always have interest depending on the price it costs. With desean, Jeffery injury prone and reagor already hurt I’d still be intrigued depending on price. Plus i think Watkins and Hightower can play in the slot as well as JJAW. 

Archived