Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

As much as I like to see the Flyers in the playoffs, it may be best if they continue to bottom out and miss it this year. I don't want Fletcher making a dumb, short sighted trade when in reality, this team is more than 1 dman away from competing for a cup. Reset in the off-season and hopefully they can clear out some of the dead wood on this team. 

51 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I felt the exact same way. Now, earlier this year, I was thinking I was going to have to eat my words, but who knows anymore.

My bigger problem with that contract wasn’t so much the Cap number what the amount of years they gave him. I felt like the back end of that contract was gonna be more of a hindrance to them which is why it was an over pay. I wouldn’t have given him more than five years. Year six and year seven he’s going to be 32 and 33 years old. He’s not the type of guy I see aging gracefully and making 7.14 mil

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vsptroops said:

As much as I like to see the Flyers in the playoffs, it may be best if they continue to bottom out and miss it this year. I don't want Fletcher making a dumb, short sighted trade when in reality, this team is more than 1 dman away from competing for a cup. Reset in the off-season and hopefully they can clear out some of the dead wood on this team. 

I can't imagine the front office is looking at this team and thinking that they're one player away. Especially with the expansion draft coming up, I think the chance of them buying at the deadline is almost nonexistent. This team needs time to practice and hammer out all these little mistakes they constantly make, and they don't have it because of the schedule.

The odds of every young player (minus farabee) regressing as badly as they have this season are so low the front office is probably banking on them rebounding next year. They could still sell this year in preparation for free agency and next year's deadline. JvR's value is about as high as it'll ever get right now, I think he's the most likely to get shipped out.

Just now, devpool said:

I can't imagine the front office is looking at this team and thinking that they're one player away. Especially with the expansion draft coming up, I think the chance of them buying at the deadline is almost nonexistent. This team needs time to practice and hammer out all these little mistakes they constantly make, and they don't have it because of the schedule.

The odds of every young player (minus farabee) regressing as badly as they have this season are so low the front office is probably banking on them rebounding next year. They could still sell this year in preparation for free agency and next year's deadline. JvR's value is about as high as it'll ever get right now, I think he's the most likely to get shipped out.

I’d move JVR, Raffl, Laughton and NAK to the highest bidders. The time to sell is now. This season is a complete throw away.

Welp looks like they're gonna have e to continue to nose dive if they sell anyone. Fletcher just said they aren't looking to sell.

ESPN Power Ranking seems to still like them:

A lot of folks are ready to write the Flyers off this season. Are we not forgetting the second-half run Philly went on in 2019-20, in which they went on a 19-6-1 run to get within one point of first place at the pause? The prediction here is that they go on a similar run this season.

• Haha 1

I don't remember them looking this bad last season. They did have a stretch of bad play i think in February? Maybe even March. But I don't remember it being this bad 

4 hours ago, devpool said:

I don't remember them looking this bad last season. They did have a stretch of bad play i think in February? Maybe even March. But I don't remember it being this bad 

Worst stretch was from dec 5 to first week in January they were 6-8-1. They had tow 4 game losing streaks but got points going to ot. 

5 hours ago, Blazehound said:

I’d move JVR, Raffl, Laughton and NAK to the highest bidders. The time to sell is now. This season is a complete throw away.

I would add Giroux cause i do think he has good value to a cup contender. He has 1.5 years left on his contract. Unless you believe next year you are a cup contender and ride out his contract. But i think you’d get good value from a team on the cusp that needs a boost this deadline and next year as their window. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I would add Giroux cause i do think he has good value to a cup contender. He has 1.5 years left on his contract. Unless you believe next year you are a cup contender and ride out his contract. But i think you’d get good value from a team on the cusp that needs a boost this deadline and next year as their window. 

With the flat cap this year teams might not be willing to take this year and next, even at reduced salary at the deadline. Next year being the last on his contract, it's pretty close to a guarantee he gets traded to a contender if we aren't looking good.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

sounds like we are finally getting our wish after over a decade of mediocrity:

sounds like it's going to the 2007 offseason of how homer retooled the roster.

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

With the flat cap this year teams might not be willing to take this year and next, even at reduced salary at the deadline. Next year being the last on his contract, it's pretty close to a guarantee he gets traded to a contender if we aren't looking good.

Yeah i feel like without covid they might have a better chance moving him as well. If we continue to skid I’m hoping some team gets desperate and just bites the bullet. Kind feels like JVR is likely also going to be challenging to move. It’s why i don’t even mention voracek. I don’t see anyone taking that contract even if he is still good. 

Alright, COVID needs to end, because I literally have nothing better to do but watch this sh***y team every other night.

Saw this on Facebook figured I’d post it 

9A4F3C1C-4B45-4B9B-962C-ADE7FF43D2FB.jpeg

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Saw this on Facebook figured I’d post it 

9A4F3C1C-4B45-4B9B-962C-ADE7FF43D2FB.jpeg

butwhy.gif.1c3467669c2ff76c4f86ff5aee1526c6.gif

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

LOL.  Defense sucks.  But good god.  I remember a few weeks ago some tinker bell got all mad when I said Hart is overrated.   

I don’t care how bad the defense is.  He’s been bad!!!

DC9C4DF4-84AB-4C15-AEEB-81DAAA4E8E06.thumb.jpeg.6f345681a6a6cc5baab1fba0ca6fec86.jpeg

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Obviously.  But Hart is overrated. 

I’d argue he is right now. I think too early to give up on him. Carey price early in his career had a year where he was giving up close to 3 in GAA and turned it around. Obviously hart has been even worse than that. Hart is likely not carry price but I’m not willing to give up on him yet. But definitely overrated on why everyone thought he’d be this year and in his career

Konecny is scoring 2 goals in his last 20 is concerning. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Comcast ownership likely doesn’t give a ish about winning a cup.  

Yup...

Sell, sell, sell. Blow it all to hell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

8 goals on 22 shots.  

Defense is bad.  But man.  

Honestly i hate saying it but i don’t know if i want them to win games to try and justify making a dumb decision at the deadline. Just lose so they make the decision for them 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly i hate saying it but i don’t know if i want them to win games to try and justify making a dumb decision at the deadline. Just lose so they make the decision for them 

i hate to say this but the leadership of giroux, jake, and jvr has run it's course here, it's not just us look at the blackhawks, kings, predators, it's showing on those teams as well. you have the core players for so long eventually it's gets stale and wears thin on the players where they dont have any confidence in them anymore, that's im seeing on the ice, they demand new leadership for this team to have confidence in. they need new blood and younger impact star like players that can help us and produce confidence in these players.

look at the rangers, they have young impact players and it's helping them play hard. it was only a matter of time because they were good last year and fell short to the playoffs.

i mean eventually it's going to happen to caps and pens at some point.

Looking at the team now what are everyone’s thoughts on Hextall after the fact?

Firing him a good idea?

Also I would argue that Homer is the de facto owner of the team since he sits at the top and anyone above him probably just cares about money. 

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

Looking at the team now what are everyone’s thoughts on Hextall after the fact?

Firing him a good idea?

Also I would argue that Homer is the de facto owner of the team since he sits at the top and anyone above him probably just cares about money. 

Besides not firing hakstol, the other reason he got fired was he didn’t want to bring up some of the young guys cause he said they were not ready. The way it is going right now for hart he looks like he was right to say that 

Wow.  So glad I missed the game last night. 

So in the last 2 games vs the stinkin' NYR we've been outscored 17-3.  And we out-shot them 44-22 and still lost 8-3.  That's disturbing.  And disgusting.  That Zibanejad guy loves playing the Flyers.  In those 2 blowouts he's had 3 goals and 3 assists in BOTH games.  And he only has 10 goals this season.  WTF?

Hart is definitely having a sophomore slump.  I wouldn't give up on the kid just yet, but whatever the reason he is just out of sorts this year.  Do you keep throwing him out there hoping he works his out of this funk?  Or give 2/3 of the starts to Elliott and give Hart spot starts vs teams that are bottom half of the NHL offensively?  They need to build a D in front of this kid or risk ruining him for good, though he needs to do his part, too.

Insert Jim Mora "playoffs" quote here.  This team doesn't belong anywhere near the GD playoffs.