Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Just now, Dweedlebug said:

You act like there were better offers that they turned down.  There was no way Carson was going to stay and play.  The whole world knew this, thus the Eagles had almost zero leverage in this process.  Not sure what you were expecting them to get in return given his contract and the fact that everyone knew he wanted out.

Bears reportedly had a better offer but Carson "didn't want to go there". Who gives a F?

Just now, Thing3 said:

Put me in the camp that says we don't draft the future QB this year and roll with Hurts for at least one year.

Hope we enjoy those 3 wins. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Cap Hell!  Thanks Howie!

By trading Wentz now, the Eagles will save just under $853,000 in cap space in 2021 but will be left with a dead cap hit of $33.8 million for this upcoming season. That is an NFL record, shattering the previous mark of $22.2 million the Rams will incur after trading Jared Goff earlier this offseason.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-trade-carson-wentz-colts-2-picks#:~:text=Eagles reportedly trade Carson Wentz to Colts for 2 picks&text=By trading Wentz now%2C the,million for this upcoming season.

15 minutes ago, eagle3john99 said:

Isn't this kind of a no lose situation (at least for this year)  If he's good in Indy we get a 1st, if he suck or gets hurt we did the right thing.

Yep, the risk long term is that Wentz plays really good football and Hurts (or whomever they pick) doesn't. 

I see it as a fair deal, with both teams taking some risks. 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Seeing a lot of Colts fans happy and calling it a steal

They are celebrating over on the Colts subreddit. Pretty much everyone is viewing this as the Colts getting a steal.

Some very emotionally attached fans here, sorry that you are having a bad day. 

This is how I felt the day I realized Howie would be back making picks no matter what! 

Not very surprised at the perceived paltry return for Wentz, I think it is close to value. 

2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Thank god you aren't in charge. That's just a bad move considering you'd be drafting a guy that needs weapons/protection to have success. 

That’s a great plan and would work for any QB including Wentz, too bad Howie is GM, expect drafting a QB this year while we are sitting at the 6th spot.

20 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Second and a third. Peanuts. F Howie. And F Hurts. Time to find a outdoor hobby for a season. We gonna be one of the worst teams in the league. 

Most likely a 1st and a 3rd...for the worst starter in the NFL last year.  Whether he stayed or not, 2021 and 2022 are rebuilding years.  At least now we don't have a malcontent in the locker room.  You saw 4 games from a rookie with no preseason thrown in in the middle of a game against GB.  I saw some things I really liked, and some I didn't.  If he doesn't prove he's the man this year, then you draft one in 2022.  Put down the noose man.  Step back from the edge of the bridge.  We have a new coaching staff, a new starter and a boatload of picks the next two years.  Personally, I'm excited.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Bears reportedly had a better offer but Carson "didn't want to go there". Who gives a F?

We literally had 3 wins from your god last year bud. 🤦🏾‍♂️

2 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

No not this, are you in virtual 5th grade learning 

Lol, internet tough funny guy.  Keep it moving.

Bears offer was only if Wentz wanted to go there per rumors.

I wasn't expecting many wins next year regardless.

Reportedly?  Oh, well I'm definitely convinced then. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Yes, those 4 games he played in the weirdest season ever tell us all we need to know.  I mean, it's not like his pedigree suggests we keep an open mind...

You mean the pedigree that got benched in the National Championship and got chased out of Bama after the GOAT coach was done c with him?

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Personally, I'm excited.

You wouldn't be if you followed Alabama like I do.......

3 minutes ago, metal said:

They are celebrating over on the Colts subreddit. Pretty much everyone is viewing this as the Colts getting a steal.

I don't think any of them have been watching Wentz lately. They are in for a rude shock.

10 minutes ago, DBW said:

People are made about the return. What did you expect?  😂 

Sam freaking Bradford got us a 1st

You mean the pedigree that got benched in the National Championship and got chased out of Bama after the GOAT coach was done c with him?

Followed by a Heisman campaign in another program. The point is we don't have enough of a sample size to know what he can do, let alone in a new system.  

7 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Its a win win for the Eagles.

3rd round and most likely a 1st that could be a high draft pick too. 70% is what game 12-13? If they are just a 500 team at that time and lose next few. It can be a top 12 pick.

If Carson is still trash then it looks good that we got rid of him instead of holding out hope.

If Carson balls out it could get Howie Fired.

If Hurts looks good then we got a new QB already.

If Hurts looks bad it could get Howie Fired.

Honestly Win Win imo.

Have you been paying attention at all?   What have you seen from Lurie that holds Howie accountable for anything?  

Just now, Vman1968 said:

Have you been paying attention at all?   What have you seen from Lurie that holds Howie accountable for anything?  

Give it time. Everything will fix itself. Life has a way of working out if you have faith 🙂

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think Howie did well, the worse we get in return is a 3rd and a 2nd, that's not bad at all, it's not like Wentz performed like D. Watson.

The Goff trade really screwed up the market too.  

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Gonna cycle 52, new miracle, 44 to 6, Monday night massacre every week. Any other suggestions?

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

We will regret this one.

The dude wanted out though. How can players follow his lead if he doesn’t want to be here? I love(loved Wentz) but you can’t keep players that don’t want to play here.

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

And handled it all like a true pro.  

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You wouldn't be if you followed Alabama like I do.......

And you wouldn't be such an eeyore about it if you followed Oklahoma like I do.

Archived