Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 minute ago, beto_eagles said:

Do you guys think he'll issue a goodbye letter to us fans? 

I would lose the little respect that I still have for him if he doesn't. I'll always be thankful for 2017, but he'd be a **** in my head. 

No I don't think he will. I think he'll be very political about the whole thing when asked during his first presser.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I don't think he will. I think he'll be very political about the whole thing when asked during his first presser.

I guess we'll have to wait until the new season officially starts. If we get nothing by March 17th, I'll be very disappointed, but it will tell volumes about his character. At least IMHO. 

8 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

Do you guys think he'll issue a goodbye letter to us fans? 

I would lose the little respect that I still have for him if he doesn't. I'll always be thankful for 2017, but he'd be a **** in my head. 

I'll bet he'll toss and turn at night knowing this. That said if you have little respect for him why would you care if he says goodbye?

2 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

I guess we'll have to wait until the new season officially starts. If we get nothing by March 17th, I'll be very disappointed, but it will tell volumes about his character. At least IMHO. 

We won't get another bud. Like a lot of people said before he was traded Wentz didn't owe the fans anything, he didn't need to speak out on the situation for the fans. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

I'll bet he'll toss and turn at night knowing this. That said if you have little respect for him why would you care if he says goodbye?

Of course he doesn't give a s. Just sharing my thoughts here with you guys 🙂

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We won't get another bud. Like a lot of people said before he was traded Wentz didn't owe the fans anything, he didn't need to speak out on the situation for the fans. 

Meh, I think this is different. We bought his jersey, cheered for him, he basically is a millionaire because we care about what he does. Even if he doesn't feel like doing it, it'd be a good PR move. 

Just now, beto_eagles said:

Meh, I think this is different. We bought his jersey, cheered for him, he basically is a millionaire because we care about what he does. Even if he doesn't feel like doing it, it'd be a good PR move. 

I'll respect him for always playing hard and for the tons of things he did for the community. And things like the Dutch Destroyer. I don't care if he says goodbye. 

52 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Problem with that is you don't draft backups with second round picks. 

False.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the 1st round to backup Brett Favre

Jordan Love was drafted in the 1st round to backup Aaron Rodgers

Patriots Drafted Jimmy Garopollo in the 2nd round to backup Tom Brady.

My theory on Wentz' break with the organization goes to the year 2020 during the riots this summer.  If you remember, pro locker rooms became a cauldron for social justice.

Let's face it, Wentz is not the poster boy sjw.  Guy has Republican written all over his face.  We saw what happened to Drew Brees.  Wentz didn't have the stature of Brees.  I would think that a large chunk of the locker room gravitated away from him and made his life miserable.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were any outlandish threats that we didn't hear about.

People can forget how crazy last June and its aftermath got.

31 minutes ago, DBW said:

Part of the reason they paid wentz was to get ahead of the cowboys in their resigning of Dak.  Howie wanted to make sure to sign wentz first or they may have had to overpay.  He didn’t expect the boys to hold firm and not throw the brinks truck at dak.  Another example of Howies ineptitude 

If that's at all true that's completely moronic lol. 

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

False.

Those were all guys that were brought in to take over for old Farve , old Brady, and old Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

False.

All of those scenarios they were drafted as replacements for guys on the tail end of their careers. They were the heir apparent. Carson was 28 years old and four years into the league..... Garopollo didn't turn out that way cause Brady is ageless. But that was why he was drafted. 

Just now, greend said:

Those were all guys that were brought in to take over for old Farve , old Brady, and old Rodgers.

While he wasn't drafted in the first round, Steve Young was a former first pick in the USFL star studded supplemental draft and was brought in to compete with Joe Montana.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

All of those scenarios they were drafted as replacements for guys on the tail end of their careers. They were the heir apparent. Carson was 28 years old and four years into the league..... Garopollo didn't turn out that way cause Brady is ageless. But that was why he was drafted. 

Yes, and we drafted a guy in the 2nd round because our starter was fragile and we needed to have a good backup in place.  

13 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

False.

Just goes to show how mentally soft and how much of a headcase Wentz really is. 

6 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Yes, and we drafted a guy in the 2nd round because our starter was fragile and we needed to have a good backup in place.  

Before the ink was dry on a 100 plus million contract? You don't draft a "backup" in the 2nd round. Especially when you have a huge list of needs. Another CB or even a LB would have been a great get there. 

3 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Just goes to show how mentally soft and how much of a headcase Wentz really is. 

There are reports out that Rodgers is pissed off and is gonna stick it to GB in demanding more money for doing what they did. Favre wouldn't even talk to Rodgers and Brady chased Garopollo out of town. So not just Wentz. 

14 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

If that's at all true that's completely moronic lol. 

Indeed.  I forget where I read it.  Maybe a rueben frank speculative crap piece cuz he’s known for that. 

Don't GMs that fail with a HC and a franchise QB usually I dunno, lose their jobs? 

16 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

The 49ers drafted Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd round when Alex Smith was only 27.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

So this year we end up with a crappy draft pick and 30 million dollars of cap space to set on fire. What a first class well run organization! Can we have college football games on Sunday next year please?

Are you going to be repeating this drivel all offseason or will we get a break from it at some point once your feelings aren't so hurt?

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

What a stupid thing to post, your hatred of that level proves you’re a hobo living under a bridge with an obama phone

Your troll and smack talk game needs work bro.

35 minutes ago, greend said:

I'll respect him for always playing hard and for the tons of things he did for the community. And things like the Dutch Destroyer. I don't care if he says goodbye. 

Everyone that trashed him all year now want Carson to thank them. Lol 

Just now, Outlaw said:

Are you going to be repeating this drivel all offseason or will we get a break from it at some point once your feelings aren't so hurt?

Is the franchise gonna keep doing stupid ass crap?

19 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

From an actual players perspective: How Torrey Smith saw the whole ordeal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/torrey-smith-explains-why-carson-wentz-needed-fresh-start

What an awful "journalist."  He attributed what was obviously a Torrey Smith quote to Hurts:

While many have pointed at Wentz’s contract as a reason that he should have been willing to stick around and fight for his job, Smith brought up a different perspective. He basically pointed out that the money obviously didn’t equate to security because we all saw Wentz get benched last year. Smith said he disagreed with the decision to play Hurts over Wentz late in the 2020 campaign.

"When you’re the franchise quarterback and you get $100+ million, you want security,” Hurts said. "Like it or not, we like to act like quarterbacks are the big guys, but they are the ultimate softies. They are sensitive people and they have to be. Every quarterback in this league wants to feel like it’s their team and they want to know. And oftentimes it’s clear but when you draft a quarterback in the second round, it [muddies] that water a little bit.

Archived