Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, greend said:

Good luck to you and Carson, very sorry it didn't work out here.

Ditto.

3 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Everyone is allowed their own opinion, but not their own facts. You didn’t mention the 1st/2nd round pick next year.

I also said THIS draft. 

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

We’ll never know what to believe.  Did they make an offer?  Did they not?  It really doesn’t matter now ... the deal is done and Wentz is finally gone.  Time to start looking to the future.  🙂

True. What it tells me is, The Eagles and Bears were negotiating a deal, when Wentz killed it by saying he didn't want to go there. The Bears then took the deal off the table and let it be known they never made an offer. It's all BS. But it doesn't matter now. Agreed.

6 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

True. What it tells me is, The Eagles and Bears were negotiating a deal, when Wentz killed it by saying he didn't want to go there. The Bears then took the deal off the table and let it be known they never made an offer. It's all BS. But it doesn't matter now. Agreed.

I think you probably hit the proverbial nail on the head here.  

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now show the video of Doug leaping for joy when they drafted Hurts, and Howie fawning over him like he’s Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson. The Eagles definitely played their part in screwing this kid up on many levels from babying him to rewarding him before he earned it, and eventually acting like he wasn’t that important. This separation was probably in the works soon after that Seattle playoff game.

Seems to me that Wentz wasn't man enough to handle the hurts pick. Which means as Ray said, he had lingering resentment over Nick Foles winning the SB. When they drafted Hurts it came out more. Now the reports are Wentz didn't talk to Doug for weeks. I am starting to believe the report that Wentz killed plays to Spite Doug and refused to be coached. Selfish and childish. Those are the reports from the locker room. Of course Wentz isn't fully to blame, the organization bears it's own responsibility. 

We all knew this was coming.  The compensation isn't very good this year but I guess if he meets the conditions at least they can get a 1st round pick next year.  Maybe he stinks again and the Colts stink and we end up with 2 top 10 picks lol.

9 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

We all knew this was coming.  The compensation isn't very good this year but I guess if he meets the conditions at least they can get a 1st round pick next year.  Maybe he stinks again and the Colts stink and we end up with 2 top 10 picks lol.

It's within the realm of possibility, even with the nice situation Wentz is set up for in Indy.   Expectations are not always achieved.   Odds are in his favor, but nobody really knows.

The Eagles will take a $33.8 million dead-cap hit -- the largest dead-cap hit that any team ever has taken for a player.

Go Howie, go!! 

Just now, Talonblood said:

The Eagles will take a $33.8 million dead-cap hit -- the largest dead-cap hit that any team ever has taken for a player.

Go Howie, go!! 

And he's off the book next year, saves us $800k this year and like $40M next year.

40 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Now the reports are Wentz didn't talk to Doug for weeks. I am starting to believe the report that Wentz killed plays to Spite Doug and refused to be coached. Selfish and childish. Those are the reports from the locker room.

Doug could've been a man and a head coach and gone to Wentz to talk too. If both Carson and Doug really didn't talk for 8-10 weeks, that's on both of them.

5 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Doug could've been a man and a head coach and gone to Wentz to talk too. If both Carson and Doug really didn't talk for 8-10 weeks, that's on both of them.

^^^^
This.

Glad they are both gone.  I'd much rather watch Sirianni start his tenure here with a QB that doesn't need to "be fixed" - whether that is Hurts, a QB they draft in April, or a vet FA.  

It's just too bad they didn't complete the trifecta and ship out that weasel of a GM too.  

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It's just too bad they didn't complete the trifecta and ship out that weasel of a GM too.  

I don't know what more needs to be done to get Howie outta Philly. I mean, he has now survived 3 HC changes. 3!! What GM -- in any professional sport -- does that?? It's impossible.

And good point about Sirianni and starting fresh without Wentz. 

4 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I don't know what more needs to be done to get Howie outta Philly. I mean, he has now survived 3 HC changes. 3!! What GM -- in any professional sport -- does that?? It's impossible.

And good point about Sirianni and starting fresh without Wentz. 

Lots actually, especially in other sports. Brian Cashman is like on his 7th manger of the Yankees.

Recently though Jason Licht is on his 3rd head coach since he started in 2014 and just won a Super Bowl. So it does happen.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/19/report-carson-wentz-doug-pederson-werent-talking-for-weeks/

It's clear as day that the organization really didn't want to do this, but Wentz forced their hand. At the first sign of competition, he wanted out. He's a big 'ol b**ch baby. F him and his entitled candyass. So glad we cut out the cancer and can move on.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/19/report-carson-wentz-doug-pederson-werent-talking-for-weeks/

It's clear as day that the organization really didn't want to do this, but Wentz forced their hand. He's a big 'ol b**ch baby. F him and his entitled candyass. So glad we cut out the cancer and can move on.

I mean if that's true that's unbelievable and it makes you wonder why he wasn't benched earlier. That's what makes me think this report is BS. 

Here's the kicker - Wentz is best positioned to bounce back in Indy.  It's a perfect situation for him - familiarity with his old OC and old QB Coach, good OL, small town Midwestern market.  Combine that with starting out with a clean slate, new teammates, no back biting Philly media and fans.   With a situation like that, it's much more likely that he plays good again.  If you look at the big picture, 2020 was an aberration in so many ways.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

and old QB Coach

The same QB coach who didn't help him progress and didn't get on him to improve the last 2 years you mean. 

25 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean if that's true that's unbelievable and it makes you wonder why he wasn't benched earlier. That's what makes me think this report is BS. 

I think it falls neatly in line with everything we've seen from Wentz these last couple of years, and Schefter is pretty reliable. Time to face the music, Eagles fam: Wentz is a weak-minded, emotionally insecure loser. He might very well find some success in Indy if Reich plays psychologist for him, but it was never gonna work out here. Wentz ain't built for Philly 

14 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Lots actually, especially in other sports. Brian Cashman is like on his 7th manger of the Yankees.

Recently though Jason Licht is on his 3rd head coach since he started in 2014 and just won a Super Bowl. So it does happen.

Oh shoot. I thought I had something there! LOL

Thanks for the info. 

16 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It's clear as day that the organization really didn't want to do this, but Wentz forced their hand. At the first sign of competition, he wanted out. He's a big 'ol b**ch baby. F him and his entitled candyass. So glad we cut out the cancer and can move on.

Situations like these is why it personnel decisions are so hard.

I really believe that Wentz small town mentality, where he was beloved by all, just did not mesh well with Philly, especially after he got hurt and all that love went to Foles. There was so much smoke that was coming out of the locker room for the past few years, I just do not think he could handle it.

How does a GM really plan for that? I mean he has all the talent in the world and the Eagles tried to show him love by giving him a huge contract extension. It seems like Wentz just could not handle it and Doug probably did not help matters.

It is really amazing how quickly the wheels fell off this franchise.

26 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Dude...I've been saying this for the past 2-3 years, Carson is pure Fing cancer.

They even went as far to fire Pederson to appease him and he still wanted out. 

I hope he does well next year to for that comp pick, other than that F him. 

So this year we end up with a crappy draft pick and 30 million dollars of cap space to set on fire. What a first class well run organization! Can we have college football games on Sunday next year please?

46 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

And other reports said Doug didn't want to bench Wentz, and Lurie and Howie forced him to.  Another report last week said Wentz has no problem with the coaches or organization, just Howie.

Doug's press conferences all year defended Carson, said he believes in him to get it worked out, and even blamed O line, injuries and his receivers and coaching.

Then when Hurts played well and beat the Saints, Doug downplayed his performance and said yeah he has a lot to work on and said it's a team effort.  It seemed like Doug was going out of his way to defend Wentz, and to not give Hurts too much credit.

It's hard to know what's true when you get conflicting reports.  

Archived