Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

8 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

Do you guys think he'll issue a goodbye letter to us fans? 

I would lose the little respect that I still have for him if he doesn't. I'll always be thankful for 2017, but he'd be a **** in my head. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I don't think he will. I think he'll be very political about the whole thing when asked during his first presser.

8 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

I guess we'll have to wait until the new season officially starts. If we get nothing by March 17th, I'll be very disappointed, but it will tell volumes about his character. At least IMHO. 

7 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

Of course he doesn't give a s. Just sharing my thoughts here with you guys 🙂

:whistle:

So quick with the hate and criticism. of course he was going to say a respectful goodbye. 

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

He did post a good bye on IG.

2E3D4318-F5A2-4630-8281-6FF6ADD3BFF8.jpeg

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

If Howie had just made a normal draft pick in the 2nd round last year instead of trying to be a "QB factory" none of this would have happened. I said the night of the draft this would piss Wentz the F off. Instead of drafting help they drafted a QB controversy. I really hope Wentz sucks in Indy. If he's amazing that's gonna sting. 

Howie took the best player on the board at number 2 in my opinion. Was also good insurance cause Wentz was already on downward spiral with injuries. Wentz would still be starter if he didn't feel the need to be pampered and feel entitled. Hurts is going to surprise you.

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Last season was pathetic and wentz and his attitude permeated throughout.   F him. 99% of eagles fans and media would have called for   Mcnabbs head had he played anywhere close to the garbage we witnessed (against weak arse opponents too)

see yeah carson. Good luck in indy. Looking forward to what that 3rd and 2022 2nd (maybe 1st if you dont super suck again) will yield us.   

The entire team was flat and unmotivated. Doug and Carson lost the passion for the game. They feel they reached the peaks and don't have to fight to stay on top. Think new coaches and some of the young players are hungry. Excited to see something new and to watch them grow.

9 hours ago, Procus said:

My theory on Wentz' break with the organization goes to the year 2020 during the riots this summer.  If you remember, pro locker rooms became a cauldron for social justice.

Let's face it, Wentz is not the poster boy sjw.  Guy has Republican written all over his face.  We saw what happened to Drew Brees.  Wentz didn't have the stature of Brees.  I would think that a large chunk of the locker room gravitated away from him and made his life miserable.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were any outlandish threats that we didn't hear about.

People can forget how crazy last June and its aftermath got.

If Carson is, he’s probably not the only Republican on the team, and if there were issues, someone on the team would have been a anonymous source to a sports writer in Philly.
 The problems with him and the staff or Howie and Jeff happened after he signed his extension to the day they drafted Hurts. You don’t draft a QB in round 2 as a backup, Howie may think the fans are all dumb, but they aren’t.  Whether it was the concussion that scared them, or maybe Wentz is an ass wipe, but something happened to turn them off, and the way he started the season like garbage, pretty much all the way through, turned him off as well.  Drafting Hurts was the icing on the cake. 
 I believe 2020 was the run it back year, the media talked about maybe giving Doug one more year (2021) for one last shot, I think his and Carson’s was 2020 and they were awful so they’re gone.  Obviously, Howie and Jeff played a big part in this past years failures as well. 

1 hour ago, XoqTionR said:

Howie took the best player on the board at number 2 in my opinion. Was also good insurance cause Wentz was already on downward spiral with injuries. Wentz would still be starter if he didn't feel the need to be pampered and feel entitled. Hurts is going to surprise you.

And it was a great pick. Wentz played a big part in getting the 17 team home field throughout the playoffs. Not many picks turn out to be a big part of a Super Bowl run. 

I do hope Hurts gets a couple of seasons. If he's not good, we'll have the draft pick to get a different QB, but maybe he can develop into a good starting QB. 

Meanwhile, we need more talent at basically every position. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

:whistle:

So quick with the hate and criticism. of course he was going to say a respectful goodbye. 

Hopefully that gives us the closure that our poor little hurt feelings need. 

10 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

Meh, I think this is different. We bought his jersey, cheered for him, he basically is a millionaire because we care about what he does. Even if he doesn't feel like doing it, it'd be a good PR move. 

Well you got your wish buddy. He did an insta post thanking the fans, organisation and his team mates. 

Now that this dude is no longer an Eagle should this thread be closed and conversations about this guy be put in some kind of Fate if Former Eagles thread? 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now that this dude is no longer an Eagle should this thread be closed and conversations about this guy be put in some kind of Fate if Former Eagles thread? 

No cause he is still an eagle till that trade can officially go through don't jinx man

5 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Delete this thread. This soft, weak minded QB is not on our team anymore. Now we can focus on a QB that is not afraid of competition and handles adversity like a true leader. 

I can't wait to draft that guy!

Seriously, you will change your tune pretty quickly when the predictably limited, fumble machine QB that you reference starts losing.

11 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I can't wait to draft that guy!

Seriously, you will change your tune pretty quickly when the predictably limited, fumble machine QB that you reference starts losing.

If he’s anything like the previous predictably limited fumble machine QB from 2020 then I would want him gone too. That’s not a big revelation, because it’s common sense. It’s what most of us have been trying to tell you all for a while now. 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

I'm just resigned to the fact that the Eagles are going to be a bad team for a few seasons - and we're talking NY Giant/NY Jet level bad. 

Well, either there is a really vicious character assassination campaign going on, in which case shame on the a-holes doing it! 

Or Wentz is just a colossal dope.

Whichever is true, he played like garbage all year, and I am happy to move on to Hurts, who I like a lot more anyways.

12 hours ago, Birdman said:

got Pederson fired

Listen, I am not making excuses for his terrible play. But I don't think he got DP fired, really don't.

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

I find it really painful to listen to most of those guys on 97.5 and WIP.  Very few I like these days.  

100% agree. 

Not one original take anymore. Why would I want to watch hours on end if everybody says the same things, that are neither true nor seem to be based on independent thought?

People have been slinging mud because it pays, I'm fed up with that BS. We need some new media guys, really.

Wentz sucks and has done for a while. Drafting hurts didn't cause this, wentz and Doug's play calling  and his inability to make plays did. 

I'm glad we drafted hurts at least we have something to work with this year. The other areas of the team need to be improved , drafting a QB in round 1 would be a mistake though 

34 minutes ago, Procus said:

I'm just resigned to the fact that the Eagles are going to be a bad time for a few seasons - and we're talking NY Giant/NY Jet level bad. 

I’m not ready to say that. Heck people thought that after Chip and 2 seasons later they won the Super Bowl. Now over the next two seasons they have draft capital, and thanks to moving Wentz (to go with a few more moves)by 2022 they will have cap flexibility. They haven’t been an elite team really since 2017. They have been spinning their wheels and slowly moving downward. One player wasn’t making them elite. It was painfully obvious that wasn’t happening. They have put themselves in a position to have a lot of options in 2021 like the positioned themselves from 2016-2017. Let’s see how it all plays out. 

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

PM’d him the last couple days.  Said he has no ill will and will pop in 

That's cool. He was fun to chat with about football outside of Wentz. 

3 hours ago, Procus said:

I'm just resigned to the fact that the Eagles are going to be a bad time for a few seasons - and we're talking NY Giant/NY Jet level bad. 

Probably.  I think a lot of that depends on (*gulp*) how well Howie drafts, figuring out the crazy injury thing here, getting a QB (Hurts or otherwise) to play (at a minimum) at a respectable level, and then Sirianni and Steichen coming up with a good, creative game plan every week.    

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Listen, I am not making excuses for his terrible play. But I don't think he got DP fired, really don't.

I don't think that was the mail culprit, but I'm sure Howie and Lurie caught wind of the childish, not speaking to each other thing Doug and Wentz were engaged in, and probably figured the latter would be more receptive to patch things up and move forward together ... so that could have played some part in them choosing Carson over Doug (Carson was the much more expensive asset).  But I do think it boiled down primarily to Doug not having a plan that met their expectations for hiring a "traditional" OC (as Lurie had put it) and wishing to just promote Taylor.  They probably felt (and rightfully so) that Doug didn't have a clear vision on how to improve the overall offensive output ("fixing" Wentz, a more innovative game plan and creative play calling, etc.).  

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You were absolutely right. 

Guy is a hypocrite and if any of the rumors are true is far from a symbolic Christian.

Just now, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Guy is a hypocrite and if any of the rumors are true is far from a symbolic Christian.

Why is he a hypocrite?

16 hours ago, Procus said:

My theory on Wentz' break with the organization goes to the year 2020 during the riots this summer.  If you remember, pro locker rooms became a cauldron for social justice.

Let's face it, Wentz is not the poster boy sjw.  Guy has Republican written all over his face.  We saw what happened to Drew Brees.  Wentz didn't have the stature of Brees.  I would think that a large chunk of the locker room gravitated away from him and made his life miserable.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were any outlandish threats that we didn't hear about.

People can forget how crazy last June and its aftermath got.

Or the guy just was a bad quarterback. 

So did Wentz and Doug stop talking before the benching or only after? 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adam-schefter-details-carson-wentz-150325601.html

we have Carson and Doug not talking for weeks on end. A season where the head coach and quarterback are not talking for 8, 9, 10 weeks, whatever it may be?"

Archived