Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

54 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I don't think he will. I think he'll be very political about the whole thing when asked during his first presser.

I will bet $$ it's gonna have God in it...

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

There are reports out that Rodgers is pissed off and is gonna stick it to GB in demanding more money for doing what they did. Favre wouldn't even talk to Rodgers and Brady chased Garopollo out of town. So not just Wentz. 

Challenge and adversity brings out the best in real leaders and players, Wentz shares neither of those qualities. 

If Rodgers wants to get paid and stick it to get GB then he has every right to do so since he's just coming off of his 3rd MVP season. 

However, Carson got paid, bottomed out, refused to accept accountability, got Pederson fired and still wasn't happy.

You can either be the hero or the victim in these situations, Wentz took the cowards way out and chose to be the victim. 

1 hour ago, greend said:

I'll bet he'll toss and turn at night knowing this. That said if you have little respect for him why would you care if he says goodbye?

I recall when I had to leave my job at McD's all those year ago. I sent a tweet out to the world to let them know I was changing jobs. It was very emotional but my burger customers felt better when I explained the situation.

5 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I recall when I had to leave my job at McD's all those year ago. I sent a tweet out to the world to let them know I was changing jobs. It was very emotional but my burger customers felt better when I explained the situation.

"I’m taking my talents to Wendy’s, yo! Peace out.”

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Like I said. Either Howie is an idiot for paying Carson or is an idiot drafting Hurts. Whichever one it is he deserves to be gone. 

It's the former.  Wentz was never Philadelphia material.  Hurts was a garden-variety depth/development pick.  

6 hours ago, NoDak Eagle said:

I so wanted it to but such is professional sports. Thank you 

Good luck to you and your family!! 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

What an awful "journalist."  He attributed what was obviously a Torrey Smith quote to Hurts:

While many have pointed at Wentz’s contract as a reason that he should have been willing to stick around and fight for his job, Smith brought up a different perspective. He basically pointed out that the money obviously didn’t equate to security because we all saw Wentz get benched last year. Smith said he disagreed with the decision to play Hurts over Wentz late in the 2020 campaign.

"When you’re the franchise quarterback and you get $100+ million, you want security,” Hurts said. "Like it or not, we like to act like quarterbacks are the big guys, but they are the ultimate softies. They are sensitive people and they have to be. Every quarterback in this league wants to feel like it’s their team and they want to know. And oftentimes it’s clear but when you draft a quarterback in the second round, it [muddies] that water a little bit.

Wha... 

46 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Wha... 

In that article the "writer” attributed that Torrey Smith quote to Jalen Hurts. The passage I bolded.

4 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

If Howie had just made a normal draft pick in the 2nd round last year instead of trying to be a "QB factory" none of this would have happened. I said the night of the draft this would piss Wentz the F off. Instead of drafting help they drafted a QB controversy. I really hope Wentz sucks in Indy. If he's amazing that's gonna sting. 

I want him to be amazing the first year so the conditional second becomes a first. He can suck after that for all I care.

11 hours ago, time2rock said:

Who is saying that?  Seems everybody and their mother knew this was inevitable.  

The guys on 97.5 interviewing Jaws. They DID know it was inevitable. They've been crowing about how bad Wentz sucks for months. And still, this. 

Anything to gin up outrage. These guys ought to be put in stocks for a day or two. 

11 hours ago, time2rock said:

Who is saying that?  Seems everybody and their mother knew this was inevitable.  

The guys on 97.5 interviewing Jaws. They DID know it was inevitable. They've been crowing about how bad Wentz sucks for months. And still, this. 

Anything to gin up outrage. These guys ought to be put in stocks for a day or two. 

3 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

Do you guys think he'll issue a goodbye letter to us fans? 

Why does this even matter? 

Are we football fans or what? If you want tearful goodbyes watch the damn Hallmark Channel with your wife and daughters. 

1 minute ago, wyote said:

I find it really painful to listen to most of those guys on 97.5 and WIP.  Very few I like these days.  

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I find it really painful to listen to most of those guys on 97.5 and WIP.  Very few I like these days.  

They all suck.

Maybe there's an exception. Not many. 

It's a feedback situation with the noisiest fans. 

4 hours ago, beto_eagles said:

Do you guys think he'll issue a goodbye letter to us fans? 

I would lose the little respect that I still have for him if he doesn't. I'll always be thankful for 2017, but he'd be a **** in my head. 

He did post a good bye on IG.

2E3D4318-F5A2-4630-8281-6FF6ADD3BFF8.jpeg

23 hours ago, Outlaw said:

And keep a malcontent around that may fracture your locker room?

So a first next year isn’t good enough? Love how that’s glossed over. Not to mention saving $40m on the cap next year. 

Last season was pathetic and wentz and his attitude permeated throughout.   F him. 99% of eagles fans and media would have called for   Mcnabbs head had he played anywhere close to the garbage we witnessed (against weak arse opponents too)

see yeah carson. Good luck in indy. Looking forward to what that 3rd and 2022 2nd (maybe 1st if you dont super suck again) will yield us.   

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Are you going to be repeating this drivel all offseason or will we get a break from it at some point once your feelings aren't so hurt?

Your troll and smack talk game needs work bro.

Thanks man, you’re a meat stick brah 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

He did post a good bye on IG.

Too little, too late. Nothing against him as a person, but as a professional, he has a lot to learn. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, Carson. Maybe Reich can show you what true leadership is.

Delete this thread. This soft, weak minded QB is not on our team anymore. Now we can focus on a QB that is not afraid of competition and handles adversity like a true leader. 

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Thanks man, you’re a meat stick brah 

Thank you. 

Archived